The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I really just can't get that excited for the War Within (rambling)

AdunSaveMe

On 9/10/2016 at 6:25 AM, AdunSaveMe said:

I was excited for the Second Dream. Very excited. What did that add? Aside from some pretty great things, it added a ''major'' system that we were told would be monitored and changed as needed, but it's hardly been touched and has gone without any acknowledgement or any overhauls or any major information since its release. This seems like it's becoming a trend with major updates now.

Just like syndicates. Just like Simaris. Just like Dark Sector missions (not conflicts, the missions themselves). The War Within is supposedly adding another new major system as well, and how is this one going to turn out? Hotfix it till it works, then ignore it completely until the next big thing gets added? Will it be balanced? Will it be fun? Will it be worth the time and not just another number farming minigame? How long will it be before it stops being one or more of these, a year? Two years?

Focus is in almost the same state it's been in since it was implemented with no changes to focus acquisition, its uses, balance of the different schools or the abilities/passives themselves. Syndicates still send out placeholder death squads of tanky eximus units. Simaris hasn't had a new target since mid 2015. "Expect changes as we evolve this new system", hah.

Why should I be excited for this, if it doesn't come with much-needed updates to the barebones, unbalanced, heavily flawed systems that are already in place? I want to be, but I just can't be. Adding and forgetting things works for weapons. It doesn't work for major systems. I understand taking the time to add new things but at the same time there's just not enough balance between adding more and catching up.

You guys can say the usual "it takes time!" all you want, and you probably will, but will you still be saying it in another year if nothing has changed?

the key to excitement is to not expect anything

3 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Lowering your expectations does not colour an experienced review of whatever you're looking at. If I expected nothing, I would still see the flaws.

Though lowering your expectation will help you to be fair and more resonable on your judgement instead citing only the flaws just bcause it doest meet your high expectations which isnt a good judgement overall.

Edited by CrystalRibbon

5 hours ago, Lighter2017 said:

the key to excitement is to not expect anything

I don't know if it's even possible to manipulate such a thing as expectations, hopes or fears.

They have been working on this update for how long now? we don't know- but with all the delays you automatically expect it to be something big and breathtaking. Actually, for me it's more like this: The longer they keep us waiting, the higher my expectation grow. Because they have to be working on something all that time, right?

So... Saying "Don't get your hopes up", or actually trying not to get your hopes up might not do anything . because in the end you secretly keep hoping for something. And if your wishes aren't fullfilled, you will be dissapointed.

tldr; Can excitement be manipulated?

17 hours ago, CrystalRibbon said:

Though lowering your expectation will help you to be fair and more resonable on your judgement instead citing only the flaws just bcause it doest meet your high expectations which isnt a good judgement overall.

I'm just saying I don't watch anything on it or check release dates. When it drops, it's random for me then I go into it without no prior knowledge. It's fun to myself