Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vestan Moss...

Burnthesteak87

Having the Simaris upgrade to get a chance for two per scan doesn't really help much either due to how random it is. Sometimes it feels like my scanner is saying "What's that? You need more Sunlight Jadeleaf? Usually only one to three spawn per mission? Nah, I'll rarely activate my widget for that, but I'll happily give you 300 Threshcones!" And, of course, the same can be said for the moss. I consider it a good day if RNG gives me more than ten per run.

As for the amount of Vestan Moss needed, it's by far my least favorite part of getting the apothics due to needing 25 per recipe, especially when you see what others are needed:

• Dusklight Sarracenia - Only seems to spawn about three to four per mission, only needs two.
  • Sunlight Threshcone - There's little chance you'll ever be starved for those, only needs twelve
  • Ruk's Claw - Grows pretty much everywhere on Mars, only needs six
  • Lunar Pitcher - Is very easy to find once you know what you're looking for and can give a good amount per run, only needs six
  • Frostleaf - There's a chance it won't spawn (which is a very questionable decision), but when it does, you can often get close to fifty with the dual scan widget if RNG is good to you, only needs eight.
  • Vestan Moss - Only spawns in what seems to be a maximum of ten set spots, heavily determined by the map layout generation, can sometimes get twenty or more if you're extremely lucky, needs twenty-five.

The only other "problem plants" are the Jadeleaf variants due to small spawn amounts and the day/night cycle on Earth, but at least you only need two of each. One I finally get my second High Noon (since the Feyarch Specter has a far better drop chance than Brood Mothers and Lua:Pavlov), I'm done with scanning flowers.