The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is the Galatine prime completely better than the Scindo prime?

(PSN)official_79

From looking at the stats the galatine prime is 100% better than the scindo prime. There must be some hidden value that gives the scindo an advantage over Galatine. My only thought would be the execution mult. since the scindo was an executioner's weapon, but I cant tell that by looking at the in game stats. If not then I gotta admit the power creep with the new weapons coming out is ruining the game, now there is no reason to use Scindo P over Galatine P, or any reason to use Dakra P over Broken War or Dragon Nikana over Nikana Prime outside of preference.

How else will people buy Prime access (besides for FashionFrame) or eagerly farm new prime parts to sell for over inflated prices. But in all honestly, the Galatine Prime needs to be toned down because it is unreasonably powerful and the MR13 rank requirement doesn't make up for the fact that it is far easier to get than the next highest rank melee, the War.

Edited by Hayabusa97

2 minutes ago, Hayabusa97 said:

How else will people buy Prime access (besides for FashionFrame) or eagerly farm new prime parts to sell for over inflated prices. But in all honestly, the Galatine Prime needs to be toned down because it is unreasonably powerful

I don't agree. What's soo powerful about it that would make me not want to use a dagger, jat kittag, fragor p or ack n brunt?

1 minute ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Nope, you're right. All the weapons you listed are just better. Direct upgrades. DE does it on purpose.

Doesn't feel like DE thinks they need to add balanced weapons, but it's beginning to be a real issue with everything old being entirely outmoded by newer weapons. It's kind of ridiculous. 

As if there's a single balanced game out there. Balance is a dream gamers dream of that will never be achieved. As balance is subjective. If you make something perfectly balanced it will also not be balanced due to humans having different skill/abilities/attributes etc that will give some edge with certain things/mechanics.

6 minutes ago, ScorpioneITA said:

I don't agree. What's soo powerful about it that would make me not want to use a dagger, jat kittag, fragor p or ack n brunt?

I worded my post poorly (hence the edit), I meant that it makes the next strongest Heavy Blade (The War) obsolete and the higher MR excuse is no excuse since the Galatine Prime is far easier to get (Neo V2 has a common and uncommon part, and Axi G1 has the BP as a Rare, not to mention you can simply trade for it) where as the War is a very very rare drop if you did not buy Hunhow's gift (5.53% drop rate from Shadow Stalker, who has a 3.5% chance to spawn if all 4 players have a death mark, and it is not tradeable so you are SOL if you don't have the money or RNG is not on your side)

Edited by Hayabusa97

Just now, ScorpioneITA said:

As if there's a single balanced game out there. Balance is a dream gamers dream of that will never be achieved. As balance is subjective.

Oh, I agree, but the problem is - Many of the new weapons FAR outclass previous weapons. I know 'true' balance can't exist, but many items aren't even in the same league as others. 

Balance usually just indicates that, while there can be some things that are generally better than others, they're usually all on the same level. This is exactly counter to what Warframe is with the ridiculous and unnecessary amount of powercreep.

5 minutes ago, Hayabusa97 said:

I worded my post poorly (hence the edit), I meant that it makes the next strongest Heavy Blade (The War) obsolete and the higher MR excuse is no excuse since the Galatine Prime is far easier to get (Neo V2 has a common and uncommon part, and Axi G1 has the BP as a Rare, not to mention you can simply trade for it) where as the War is a very very rare drop if you did not buy Hunhow's gift (5.53% drop rate from Shadow Stalker, who has a 3.5% chance to spawn if all 4 players have a death mark)

No it doesn't. galetine is slash based war is impact (granted for impact there's better) But you cannot compare war to galetine prime. 1 is primed other isnt. 2 its new item has to have better stats. 3 war wasn't the BEST meele weapon until gelatine p. 4. one came out forever ago.

@TrickshotMcGee 80%+ of weapons are poo anyway.

Edited by ScorpioneITA

Just now, TrickshotMcGee said:

Oh, I know it is. I even said that they do it on purpose. 

So are you trying to get the rest of the community informed? Or just bored and want a chat? Games are about getting the most money as possible as quickly as possible nowadays... Feel free to develop the best game ever. I'd play it. Until then imma rot here with my meaningless life and in some other games 

Just now, ScorpioneITA said:

So are you trying to get the rest of the community informed? Or just bored and want a chat? Games are about getting the most money as possible as quickly as possible nowadays... Feel free to develop the best game ever. I'd play it. Until then imma rot here with my meaningless life and in some other games 

No, my original post that you replied to was only toward the OP, which simply said that new weapons are better than older ones, and that DE does it all the time. 

Did you actually read what I wrote, or did you forget that you replied to me to begin with? 

1 minute ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

No, my original post that you replied to was only toward the OP, which simply said that new weapons are better than older ones, and that DE does it all the time. 

Did you actually read what I wrote, or did you forget that you replied to me to begin with? 

It's not op. Is a lot better than other weapons that do nothing special than just pressing E. Dual kamas P, fragor P, covert lethality daggers, ack n brunk, jat kittag are op and scale greately making other melees null. For your everyday missions any melee works. Spamming E with gelatine p won't get you far in an endless mission. Feel free to make a video on how far you get with a surv solo with gelatine. Then try the other ones.

1 minute ago, ScorpioneITA said:

It's not op. Is a lot better than other weapons that do nothing special than just pressing E. Dual kamas P, fragor P, covert lethality daggers, ack n brunk, jat kittag are op and scale greately making other melees null. For your everyday missions any melee works. Spamming E with gelatine p won't get you far in an endless mission. Feel free to make a video on how far you get with a surv solo with gelatine. Then try the other ones.

Galatine P is the most powerful melee weapon in the game. Literally. 

But ok. I'll see if my PC can handle recording an hour-long survival mission with crashing WF and my recording software. 

Just now, TrickshotMcGee said:

Galatine P is the most powerful melee weapon in the game. Literally. 

But ok. I'll see if my PC can handle recording an hour-long survival mission with crashing WF and my recording software. 

Even the end screen screen shot would be enough.

Why do you say that? What does the gelatine p offer that other melees don't? It may have high base dmg and range. But crit is only 20%, it's slash based, doesn't hit fast, unless you have blood rush and carry a combo.. but then if we are going the crit route I would just fragor P. Jat kittag makes everything boom.. You're really over estimating galatine p imo.

4 minutes ago, ScorpioneITA said:

Why do you say that? What does the gelatine p offer that other melees don't? It may have high base dmg and range. But crit is only 20%, it's slash based, doesn't hit fast, unless you have blood rush and carry a combo.. but then if we are going the crit route I would just fragor P. Jat kittag makes everything boom.. You're really over estimating galatine p imo.

Completely agree with you here, ppl just love to cry about the smallest issues.

On 31/08/2016 at 11:22 AM, Dragazer said:

For the ppl that love crying about "power creep":

Galatine Prime:

Reveal hidden contents

uE1pKQB.png

Fragor Prime: 

Reveal hidden contents

Tp9QGIV.png

When you factor in channelling its gg:

Galatine Prime Channelled:

Reveal hidden contents

2NwmXh6.png

Fragor Prime Channelled: 

Reveal hidden contents

l6mpOFj.png

Stats first, preference very close to it; you really can't disregard preference with weapons that have a small damage-gap between them.

New weapons/gear with better stats is always a thing with online games, the difference between them and us is that they have real high-level content to use those better-stat-equips against. It puts them on equal ground if not higher than the other. I mean you can still bring the Dakra Prime Sword to a sortie and still finish the mission.

4 minutes ago, ScorpioneITA said:

Excellent, because I just found out OBS crashes my Warframe the hard way.

5 minutes ago, ScorpioneITA said:

Why do you say that? What does the gelatine p offer that other melees don't? It may have high base dmg and range.

That, exactly that. The advantage Galatine P has is damage. It is one of the fastest heavy blades, combined with a 20% crit chance and the highest base damage of any melee in the game, it's stupidly strong. Combined with body count, I can get an average combo of 350 before I start screwing around and reset it, and I'm not doing math, but that guarantees crits with a Blood Rush. Add a crit multiplier of 3.8, and it's just far stronger than anything else. 1 crit for my Galatine P does more than 2800 damage. That's 2800 damage PER HIT. On top of that, Cleaving whirlwind's spin combo has a 4x damage multiplier. Which brings that up to more than 11k damage. 11K DAMAGE PER HIT. Not counting red crits or headshots, of course. That's more than almost any gun in the game, along with it being a melee so it never runs out of ammo. It's even more ridiculous with the damage multiplier some warframes have. 

Now, I could make my build stronger, but I like to put Life Strike on it. 

6 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Excellent, because I just found out OBS crashes my Warframe the hard way.

That, exactly that. The advantage Galatine P has is damage. It is one of the fastest heavy blades, combined with a 20% crit chance and the highest base damage of any melee in the game, it's stupidly strong. Combined with body count, I can get an average combo of 350 before I start screwing around and reset it, and I'm not doing math, but that guarantees crits with a Blood Rush. Add a crit multiplier of 3.8, and it's just far stronger than anything else. 1 crit for my Galatine P does more than 2800 damage. That's 2800 damage PER HIT. On top of that, Cleaving whirlwind's spin combo has a 4x damage multiplier. Which brings that up to more than 11k damage. 11K DAMAGE PER HIT. Not counting red crits or headshots, of course. That's more than almost any gun in the game, along with it being a melee so it never runs out of ammo. It's even more ridiculous with the damage multiplier some warframes have. 

Now, I could make my build stronger, but I like to put Life Strike on it. 

My spam E on fragor P is stronger than the one @Dragazerposted. With a life strike and organ shatter and x4 combo reaches 110k 160k x5 and 230k if I remove organ shatter for primed heavy impact. 

My other fragor P build that uses slide attacks only can reach 270k with x4 counter and over 670k at a x5. I will gladly link the build tomorrow when I'm on a pc. 

Galatine p cannot reach those numbers. 

1 minute ago, ScorpioneITA said:

That doesn't make it NOT OP. It just means that Fragor is ALSO OP. 

2 minutes ago, ScorpioneITA said:

I'd have to specialize my build and max out my Blood Rush. Maybe replace my Primed Fury with True Steel, but yes, Galatine CAN reach those numbers. Albeit a bit slower because Fragor's crit chance is amazing.

2 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

That doesn't make it NOT OP. It just means that Fragor is ALSO OP. 

I'd have to specialize my build and max out my Blood Rush. Maybe replace my Primed Fury with True Steel, but yes, Galatine CAN reach those numbers. Albeit a bit slower because Fragor's crit chance is amazing.

It would need a way bigger combo count than x5 tho. That's a lot.... Not to mention I just 1 hit everything for a long time. Only arso exilus mobs require few extra hits. I don't use life strike because if I melee just chroma valkyr or wukong. So I can regen someway or be immortal. Galatine p is only good vs the average level 10-100enemy. It scales better than average weapon. But isn't "op" dual kamas P will take down an enemy arm or with valkyr completely in under 20seconds. Covert lethality.... Jat kittag with weapon aug will do 45% hp dmg of mob in a 6m aoe and has a 10meters slam blast impact attack that makes ppl fly off the map.... 

1 hour ago, Hayabusa97 said:

I worded my post poorly (hence the edit), I meant that it makes the next strongest Heavy Blade (The War) obsolete and the higher MR excuse is no excuse since the Galatine Prime is far easier to get (Neo V2 has a common and uncommon part, and Axi G1 has the BP as a Rare, not to mention you can simply trade for it) where as the War is a very very rare drop if you did not buy Hunhow's gift (5.53% drop rate from Shadow Stalker, who has a 3.5% chance to spawn if all 4 players have a death mark, and it is not tradeable so you are SOL if you don't have the money or RNG is not on your side)

I made a post speculating that either War should be buffed, or Gal should be toned down. It was not well received.