Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Ash Alt Helmet - Carabid [Up on Workshop]

update

fWQdLjx.jpg

On 11.09.2016 at 4:46 PM, Nox_Terminus said:

Tusk horns? Might want to shift the horns up a bit more, and define some kind of eye markings.

I don't get what you're saying, exactly. I mean, why, what would that accomplish. Make it look more like a human face with horns? Please elaborate.

2 hours ago, Artarrwen said:

update

fWQdLjx.jpg

I don't get what you're saying, exactly. I mean, why, what would that accomplish. Make it look more like a human face with horns? Please elaborate.

Currently it looks like a weird tusk face, if your intent was horns you need to move them up a bit.

5 minutes ago, Nox_Terminus said:

Currently it looks like a weird tusk face, if your intent was horns you need to move them up a bit.

I'm just not seeing what you're seeing, I guess.
The placement is very intentional, though I might give your suggestion a shot and see if it works better..

1 hour ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

The base of the horns looks to be where his mouth is.  Thats why they're all calling them tusk horns.

no I get it

>they're all calling them tusk horns.
literally just one person but okay

Edited by Artarrwen
5 hours ago, Nox_Terminus said:

Have some creativity spirits, not everything needs to look like what already exist. That's how we got warframe in the first place

2 hours ago, Rekkou said:

Have some creativity spirits, not everything needs to look like what already exist. That's how we got warframe in the first place

Yup. Looks great to me. I absolutely love the organic smoke-like stuff on the sides. This needs a skin to go with it :P.

13 minutes ago, Profit62 said:

Should have kept the other one.....this looks like it would be for nekros...its to demonic for ash...the first one with the predator like tail was much better

what

Edited by Artarrwen
21 minutes ago, Profit62 said:

Should have kept the other one.....this looks like it would be for nekros...its to demonic for ash...the first one with the predator like tail was much better

What? It´s all the same helmet. Artarrwen just showed the progression he made.

@Artarrwen: nice looking helmet, I think it fits Ash really good.

14 minutes ago, Artarrwen said:

what

Typo Sorry...that part wasn't fhas this post...still to demonic for ash....but considering the idea it would be cool to see something like That for ash...maybe a tarantula style helm for ash...(for a visual) a helm that kinda has features like   the warriors in the predator movies...but more so use the features Of a tarantula

3 hours ago, Artarrwen said:

60s0LRc.jpg

hi res almost done

I tried the ponytail thing, didn't look that great and honestly I feel like Ash has enough tails on his helmets as it is, I just don't think it's needed.

Are you going to add any flame/smoke-like energy effects to it? cause that would really compliment it's design, IMO.

This is friggin wicked. I love the main horns and how there is a subtle set of extra horns further back, and the swirly-smokey surface treatment elsewhere really suits Ash. I also love how you tend to stay on the more organic side of the bio-mecha stuff, and your dense-vs-sparse design sense. Really refreshing work!

Edited by Syncrasis