The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Game Plus

mrbeefy15

What I would like to see is a new game plus option. If you make it to the max rank and complete the rank 30 test being the final boss, then you reset your account and start fresh.

You would have to start over from rank 1, you would have to go through the star chart again, get all your weapons again, and your warframes but each time you forma something, you're given a 10% bonus increase to the mod with the matching polarity which stacks each time you reset. So if you would manage to reset 10 times, that's double the mod's power if forma'd.

I would also like to see a planet that is designed for people who have reset. One level would be for those who have reset once. Another for twice, and so on. Those levels would have enemies that are level 100+, then 150+ and so on.

For people who have invested a lot of time and money into this game, this may not be the best option but we can tweak what you can keep after you reset and the reward for resetting.

Is new game plus a good idea?

How can DE keep veteran players from leaving?

What keeps you motivated to continue playing?

Cheers

5 minutes ago, mrbeefy15 said:

What I would like to see is a new game plus option. If you make it to the max rank and complete the rank 30 test being the final boss, then you reset your account and start fresh.

You would have to start over from rank 1, you would have to go through the star chart again, get all your weapons again, and your warframes but each time you forma something, you're given a 10% bonus increase to the mod with the matching polarity which stacks each time you reset. So if you would manage to reset 10 times, that's double the mod's power if forma'd.

I would also like to see a planet that is designed for people who have reset. One level would be for those who have reset once. Another for twice, and so on. Those levels would have enemies that are level 100+, then 150+ and so on.

For people who have invested a lot of time and money into this game, this may not be the best option but we can tweak what you can keep after you reset and the reward for resetting.

Is new game plus a good idea?

How can DE keep veteran players from leaving?

What keeps you motivated to continue playing?

Cheers

Objection.

Before we discuss your idea, let's look at replayability. Does vet leaving/burning out on wf seem a positive fact supporting the replayability factor of the title? I believe not. This sole point is enough to reject the whole idea of a new game +

Edited by ShaneKahnnigan17
Grammar.

16 minutes ago, mrbeefy15 said:

-snip-

wait... if you mean wiping every single item we have... if that includes the vaulted prime items then I'll say no to this because it would be a waste after hard work at getting the vaulted items.

if not then this:

5 minutes ago, TrueHawkEye said:

there should not be a new game plus till all achievable ranks are possible. After that I am ok with it.

Edited by NobleParadox96

Considering that vaulted items and hard to get event weapons and mods are there, not to mention the sheer time it would take to prestige again when this game lacks that much replayability, this idea isnt likely. Players are just not going to do all of that for a simple extra mission and extra capacity which doesnt really even matter.

Then maybe just reset the rank, keep all your stuff, get the 10% bonus to mods and keep playing as normal. Some weapons are mastery rank locked anyway so that works fine. It would just be something else to do.

29 minutes ago, mrbeefy15 said:

What would you want as a reward for New Game Plus?

Edited by mrbeefy15

Lately, ng+ means to start with everything from the game start that you've collected to the end and then continue on to the actual seasonings of the game with everything at a decent standing point where you won't get your head beaten in like a nail in some wood.

What you're suggesting is a complete fresh start, granted it'll clear records and what not but something's don't seem worth losing just to rid of a bad record... 

In my experience of games with 'New Game +' options the point is not to reset your gear but rather to give you a re-run at the game with all your awesome top level gear and skills that you worked so hard to get then ran out of game to use it in.  In some respects that doesn't happen in Warframe since you can go back to any planet with your multi-forma max rank modded gear whenever you like but that long requested option to repeat quests could fit the bill.  Make quests replayable with 2 or 3 higher than normal difficulty levels with additional rewards for the first time you complete each maybe?

1 hour ago, mrbeefy15 said:

Then maybe just reset the rank, keep all your stuff, get the 10% bonus to mods and keep playing as normal. Some weapons are mastery rank locked anyway so that works fine. It would just be something else to do.

So...account forma? Forma is already a grind fest, I would NOT want the ability to basically have to rerank an entire account. The problem with burnout in WF is reasonable endgame replayability. Even what we have in endgame; raids and sorties, can only be run once a day, and the raids take a bit to throw together. The higher lvl mission nodes are the same as the lower, with just harder hitting and get hit harder enemies. What we lack is replayable unique experiences. Raids are these big giant things, while sorties take like, 20 minutes if it's hard.