The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is warframe going into a ¨Dark Age¨?

(PSN)Kallastin

13 hours ago, (PS4)strasserhouse said:

Mogamu - upset

Alright, I have watched this video since many people seem to be talking about it. It appears no one actually has listened to what Mogamu was saying.

Mogamu's video is mostly about the rut he is stuck in and how he wants to change. Basing his entire youtube channel around a single game and his life around the channel has resulted in just monotony. The only mention of content and such is at the start of the video where he talks about how he has everything in Warframe. Fully completing any game then continue playing will of course tire the player. Once you've gotten everything or done everything in a game the only reason left is fun which can be worn down; especially if you're up everyday just to play it.

As for Tactical Potato, H3adsh0t, and Bousefeenux. They all made "I'm quitting" videos at one point or another. However Tactical Potato and H3adsh0t are still mainly producing Warframe videos what changed was they started uploading other games every once in a while (basically doing what the community does). Only Bousefeenux appears to of actually moved since posting his video.

Now I will say Warframe's content compared to other games is more easily chewed through. Warframe's most expansive part is it's arsenal variety which is easy to obtain and level especially for anyone with plat. Meanwhile Warframe's world building is mostly in old events and texts, the variety of tiles in the procedurally generated maps is low, and the overall intensity of certain game modes is mundane. So unlike more extensive games that take players longer to fluctuate due to their contents. Warframe is going to fluctuate more rapidly.

15 hours ago, (PS4)strasserhouse said:

In my fair share of about 700+ Hours into this game i feel like it is slowly dying from how upset the community is. I Absolutely love this game, but it is starting to feel like warframe is going down in players due to what was been given to us through the past couple updates. In my honest opinion, i believe warframe started to downfall when the lunaro update hit the game on PC, and consoles. It was a nice addition to the game but it really cant hold its own weight knowing the only two sought after items the conclave has to offer is the Syandana, and the Riv-Elite Armour set. A month or two later down the line ¨SOTR¨ hit the game as well, and this is where the game really started to get hurt. From the void being changed to New relics for new warframes/ weapons, this upset a lot of players, Vets, casual, and even some new players are really upset that the changes were permanently made for this game. If you keep up with warframe news you might now that Alot of youtubers including, (Tactical Potato, H3adsh0t, Bousefeenux, and even Mogamu are all upset, and they are stopping the game, or not playing it as muchas they used to. This is my opinion, and i would enjoy reading the replies to this.

In my fair share of 2.3k hours into the game, I can tell you; the community is composed of 2 types of people, the sane ones and the whiners. The sane ones will give criticism (not always constructive) and encouragement to the devs. The whiners will complain about anything and everything (for example, many believed that Parkour 2.0 was a nerf compared to parkour 1.0 because it required 'less skill').

I agree that Lunaro was one of the least interesting additions to the game -I played a couple of matches and just didn't even close to like it. Despite what DE's said, people still are overcompetitive at it and it's not relaxation-friendly at all.

SotR has so far been an excellent update in my opinion. The Void Keys stopped being so annoyingly repetitive, market prices have plummeted, it's SO much easier to farm now and, guess what, you don't NEED a specific frame setup to go hunting for primes. No more NEEDING a Frost, Trin, Ember, Nova setup for a Defence -now you can go as any frame because it rarely escalates to where you'd need a pre-made frame group. I've seen more Chromas, Limbos, Volts, Zephyrs than ever before -and that's a good think. Most whiners are just upset they have to farm more keys every 3 months (because saving some syndicate pickups or syndicate standing is impossible, of course), while forgetting that they get to keep their old relics, making them able to farm Mag (for example) whenever they so desire -as opposed to 'you have 2 months to get everything, otherwise it's all gone'.

I haven't seen many vets upset about it -if anything, most vets I play with (some from Beta) are pretty cool with it. Yes, the change sometimes hurts, but they don't consider it a 'bad thing'. Pretty much their only grief is those damn Nullifiers. On Youtube; TacticalPotato and H3adsh0t are still going strong, as is AGGP. I don't know Bousefeenux, so I can't say anything on this, though there is a great new youtuber called Distant Observer. Mogamu quit because, in my opinion, he did too much, too fast. Try-harding as he was doing lately leads to burn out and, well, he'd been doing Overwatch videos as well, not to mention he was playing on both PC AND Console. Does NOT surprise me he quit.

Personally, I think the Devs just need to listen to the community a bit more beyond just the Feedback forums because great ideas are being posted all the time. Unfortunately, due to the whiners group, much of that greatness is burried under heaps upon heaps of nonsensical complaints. In the meantime, I'll keep enjoying a game that lets me switch class any time I want, lets me get wherever I want on the map with minimal fuss, has excellent action, aiming and collision detection, is fast paced and interesting and just makes me feel like a Ninja God walking amongst mere mortal peasants.

Causes of WF regression 

1.Lack of meaningful competitive gameplay. To severe the transition from PVE to PVP is a big mistake since there're many ways to balance both at the same time

2.They haven't solved underused frames and binary enemies design.

3.Difficulty cap paranoia. DE still hasn't grasp the vision of how endgame should be. More like DE is afraid that difficulty cap will affect game potential to draw money.

3.Anti-Inflation aka relics disturbed pugs and cut off those with high playtime outright.

4.Players yearn for a place that they can explore/farm/meet with others seamlessly without having to go back to Liset back and forth because it breaks immersion. 

I have been given some great points. But im still keeping my opinion. The game is great, but also very buggy. I Was able to have a good grind session yesterday when The silver grove update deployed for PS4 it seems really rushed but its nice that the game is going good for this update, And Everything is fine but i miss The old void. But Ehh who cares. 

On 14/09/2016 at 1:31 AM, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

According to the forums, Warframe goes into a "dark age" once every two weeks AT THE VERY LEAST.

If I shot myself every time I heard "EVE Online is dying" I would ... have ... heard it only once ... I guess.

But that's not the point I wanted to make! I'll get back to you when I remember what it was.

1 minute ago, UPTIME said:

I think the game is toothless now. Gameplay is mostly easy routine. No challenge - no reward - no interest (for me). Need more gameplay like sorties. 

Please, not that, if the Devs See this...expect a new Enemy Nullifier type were he will weaken your Damage