Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #80!

[DE]Rebecca

DevStream80_SM_1080p.png

Tenno!

Join us this Friday, September 16th for Devstream #80: Back to Basics (and school)!

Who: Rebecca is joined by Creative Director Steve Sinclair, Design Director Scott McGregor, and Animation Director Geoff Crookes!

What: This Devstream will be going back to Warframe basics. With all these Directors present, it'll be time to take a look at some of Warframe's big picture areas. Updates are our life blood, but so is a satisfying core gameplay experience. We'll be covering both these topics in detail on the stream, don't miss it!

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and a MYSTERY PRIZE during the Livestream!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this September 16that 2 p.m. EDT! Time Zone Converter: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

If you have questions, post them below! This thread closes at 10 a.m. on September 16th.

Heya Rebbeca!

I have a questions about Kubrows and Kavats, we all know kubrows need to be updated to be up to par with kavats but I was wondering specifically will alot of their abilities, such as (dashing,swiping etc) will be innate for all Kubrows and Kavats so we can have more room for other types of mods? Right now I got 7 forma in my pet and it seems pretty cramped in there and it would be nice to have more unique mods.

Also a ETA on Pet commands?

Edited by Juebev

Is the Metroid Prime trilogy a source of inspiration for Warframe? I can't help but to notice similar themes between the two.

If Vulkan proves to be a viable alternative to DirectX, do you think there would be a chance of a switch to the Vulkan API?

Any news on the alternate method of receiving sortie rewards through a points system that you mentioned a while ago?

Edited by BaroqueWolf
Spelling error.

4 minutes ago, NikodemosTheMan said:

Are we going to be see any new Synthesis targets with lore added to Cephalon Simaris' Sanctuary?

I second this motion. I would love to see more Community-wide Synthesis targets. Additionally, can the current daily tasks have their Endo rewards fixed so that they are visible when previewing?

Lastly, can we be allowed to interact with Simaris from the ship?

Could companions have their abilities level up as they do, just like the Warframes? Also, could Sentinels get their own weapon mods instead of us having to use the mods we use for our own personal weapons? Mods conflicting is a bad mechanic and I hope to see it destroyed. Also, about a year ago when Echoes of the Sentient came out it was stated that Earth Spy missions had a secret tile; nobody has found it, so can we confirm that it's actually there?

3 minutes ago, BaroqueWolf said:

Is the Metroid Prime trilogy a source of insiration for Warframe? I can't help but to notice similar themes between the two.

If Vulkan proves to be a viable alternative to DirectX, do you think there would be a chance of a switch to the Vulkan API?

Any news on the alternate method of receiving sortie rewards through a points system that you mentioned a while ago?

Warframe definitely takes a lot of inspiration from other media, games especially. For example, I'm 99% certain that a lot of the artstyle is inspired by the Zone of the Enders series of games.

Something I've noticed in several of the recent cinematics (Second Dream, Nekros Prime, War Within trailer 2) is a certain glitch with the cloth physics. When each of the characters appears it's as if their physics only just "spawned" as you always see them fall down to the floor. Will this be addressed or fixed? Ever since I noticed it with Teshin I keep seeing it more and more and it's becoming bothersome.

EDIT:

For a more accurate description of what I was referring to, this happens to Stalker, Teshin and Nekros in these videos with timestamps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PquOK38zrvs

at 3:27ish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InN07z-8LwE

at 0:35ish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMbOBWS6ySc

at 0:34ish

I know it's a minor thing to get upset over, but once you notice it, it becomes hard to ignore.

Edited by Zahnny
Posted the first version just to reserve myself a slot

What is the status on those spear weapons, they were first announced quite a while ago now and theres been silence ever since.

What about the newbie/defensive sentinel, that was shown off even longer ago without any new word on it.

Also, what about the third operator outfit, the one with the clam like hood.

Edited by DrProfSirCarmen

Seeing the theme I wanted to ask...:

1) Has a new goal been set now that the War Within update seems to finally move forward? Like, what do you expect to move on next? Reworking an old system, or creating something new instead?

2) The War Within update cycle has exposed a bit of an issue in Warframe: Most veterans seem to have lost, say, the sense of endgame for them. While Sorties are here, it seems it doesn't quite cut it. Since Endless Missions took a hit with the change in the Void System, and Dark Sectors have been gone for a long time now, how do you feel these have impacted the situation? Would you like to push some of the existing systems into Endgame territory?

3) Talking about the update cycle... I have to say I think it's made Warframe take a hit. The War Within seems to have had a major pull of resources all over the studio for far longer than what everyone (Devs + Community) have grown accostumed to. While I myself feel all the content was necessary (new PvP mode, the new Starchart, Endo), do you think you tried to overreach too much stuff at once? What have you learnt from this experience that might impact Update 20 and subsequently future major updates?

And last two, which are short:

4) (I'm repeating myself for a few weeks already :P): To Scott: Do you think there's a chance at giving some more power to some of the older Prime weapons like Glaive, Fang or Sicarus Prime? They seem a bit underwhelming, specially compared to some of the latest packs we've got for now.

5) To Geoff: Vauban. This is a personal note, but I feel his animation sets, specially the noble one, makes him look too boring: He walks like a hunch, has a weird idle where he just looks around, and doesn't really transmit the theme as well as the rest of the cast (who have really cool sets). Any chance at updating his animations?

Thanks as always! :)