Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #80!

[DE]Rebecca

Well, I know I asked this last devstream (and it kinda-sorta got answered), but this devstream seems like a more appropriate place to ask this, and I hope Geoff could go into a little more detail. So here's my question (it's a two-part question):

1) Has DE ever considered trying to make their running and sprinting animations IK-based (as in, Inverse Kinematics)? You know, something to make the running and sprinting a little bit more "fluid" or more "life-like." Movement in Warframe feels kinda slugglish right now, and after playing certain games that have IK-based movement animations, I have to say that such games' movement animations feel a lot smoother and flow better. So has the animation team ever considered revisiting this, and what is the likelihood of something like this ever being possible in Warframe?

2) The second part: I'm no fan of PvP in Warframe. I'm just not good at all the parkouring and stuff. But one reason I just can't seem to get into it is because of Warframe's movement animations, but in regard to how the player character moves with his gun in hand. In Warframe, the character isn't always pointing his/her gun forward. And when moving left to right, or front to back, the character turns his/her whole body in the direction that the character is going. In other words, you can't really strafe in warframe. It's a feature I'm used to seeing in first and third person shooters. Most shooters I've played (from GoldenEye 007 way back to Delta Force and COD and Battlefield and Ghost Recon and Battlefront, etc) have this basic movement feature. My question is (and this one I don't think I asked last time): Would it be possible to give players the option to always have their gun up in the ready position (so, always pointed forward, never pointed down)?

I just feel like these two things would improve Warframe's movement as well as go a long way towards getting people more interested in Warframe's PvP by offering movement mechanics that are familiar to fans of the first/third person shooter genre.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Will there be updates for old stances with only one or two combos (instead of three) in the near future?

Will Kubrows (and probably Kavats) see AI improvements? Also, will we get a way to command them ("Open that locker", "Attack that guy", "Come back", "Stay") in missions?

After Alloy Plates have been replaced with Ferrite as Void resource - any chance that the same will happen to Control Modules? I think the 10k I have by now will last for a while. Or could you please allow us to sell or discard surplus items (resources, ...)?

What do you think about Lotus being less talkative (as a setting) for veteran players?

While the new forum is all nice and shiny, could we please get a proper source editor instead of the WYSIWYG from hell?

With more operator cosmetics suits in the game now, is there a chance we get ones from the syndicates?

When we got the Tenno Lab, you said that Vauban would move there eventually, too. What happened to that?

With Akstiletto Prime coming being here for a while now, will we see Akimbo versions of other prime pistols (Lex Prime, Vasto Prime) as well? Because I'd love to have an AkLex Prime.

Speaking about customization: Will we ever see the alternate sniper scopes @[DE]Pablo promised us ... I think about a year ago?

First, let me equip my flame repellent plus Steel Fiber, Diamond Skin, Fast Deflection, Redirection, and get as tanky as possible

Then, I'd like to ask to the dev team their stance on people trying to exploit a promise made back in the start of the game and deliberately going against ToS/Eula to make some profit pr get in game status. Yes, I'm talking about people doing anything to get founder status even if they weren't here when it was available, which has lead them to open demand for founder accounts and eventually opening a black market were these are the most valuable (just do a Google search.and you will.find a lot of these publications) 

I'm not asking for the pack to be brought back, it just makes me sad how this is, imo, a spit in DE's loyalty to founders given by those selling their accounts, and a spit in the face of the legit founders remaining.

10 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

First, let me equip my flame repellent plus Steel Fiber, Diamond Skin, Fast Deflection, Redirection, and get as tanky as possible

Then, I'd like to ask to the dev team their stance on people trying to exploit a promise made back in the start of the game and deliberately going against ToS/Eula to make some profit pr get in game status. Yes, I'm talking about people doing anything to get founder status even if they weren't here when it was available, which has lead them to open demand for founder accounts and eventually opening a black market were these are the most valuable (just do a Google search.and you will.find a lot of these publications) 

I'm not asking for the pack to be brought back, it just makes me sad how this is, imo, a spit in DE's loyalty to founders given by those selling their accounts, and a spit in the face of the legit founders remaining.

DE has it covered. If you see a founder selling his/her account. Report it, let DE handle the rest. 

Its nice to go back and reflect some basics in detail...but is there something for us veterans to enjoy on this upcoming Devstream?

I mean, War Within is always on hype(please don't overhype like No Man's Sky), syndicate melee weapons is also coming, you guys also mentioned on ASH's rework of sorts(especially bladestorm), possible Naramon rework on shadowstep, more fashionframe stuff like syandanas and all, ash or zephyr deluxe skins...Anyway, we, as veterans, look forward on something more about this Devstream.

Oh and please don't make us watch you guys testing out new weapons, display parkour maneuvers or some sorts more than half of your stream(you already have primetime right?), we would appreciate more talks and really really great surprises(like War Within release date).

One more thing, I think we can do something about the MODS...I mean we all place Serration as a 'bread and butter' of rifles or Point Blank for shotguns...if you can think of something to fix that 'wasted slot' like how you guys did with ENDO...

Hey there,

I was wondering if there are any ideas on more of a inside changing to our ship (Let's say we can move the things around ship, such as arsenal, navigation, codex, market...), maybe even adding skins for the inside, since i spend alot of my time inside and i love to decorate it. And while i'm at decoration there could be statues of tenno size to be placed inside (I'd love to have tenno sized stalker onboard). The other thing is the not really known minigames, are there any more incoming?

Edited by Wind666

Life long gripe/question since I've seen the way Heavy Blades are held (Galatine, War). I like it, however, I don't like it. My question--are the stationary stances cruical to start up the HB animations? I ask because any MMO or JRPG I've played has Heavy Swords held in reverse grip, which aesthetically looks great. It implys powerful swings, bone crushing/shattering intent. So, unless the way it is now is necssary to all HB stances, is there a chance the way HB are held likely to change?