Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #80!

[DE]Rebecca

What does the road look like after War Within is released? Do you feel Update 19 was too ambitious, or do you think of it as a new approach to how Warframe will introduce new content from here on out? (And do you think something like this will happen again, or it can never be predicted?)

What about the many systems you plan on introducing in the future? It was stated the War Within will introduce a new system, the Infested door will introduce a new system, and that the Umbra series of Warframes will be a new system. No disrespect intended, but do you, the developers, feel you may be working on too many systems to keep track of, hereby biting off more than you can chew? Will the introduction of so many new systems in such a small period of time leave the old, untouched, unpolished ones in the dust?

Edited by LazerSkink

Could we get the option to have one of our sentinels always be visible in the orbiter, even when they are not our companion for our current loadout?  This could then result in random interactions between our sentinels and our kavats and kubrows (e.g. kavats pawing at Diriga's cables, Helios playing fetch with kubrows, or kavats and kubrows reacting aggressively to sentinels equipped with the Hunhow mask).

Are the devs going to refocus on Warframe and enemy balance changes soon? I've been playing for a long time, and the most exciting patches for me are the ones that clean out the cheese tactics on both sides.

Edited by Xriah
Clearer wording

18 minutes ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

DE has it covered. If you see a founder selling his/her account. Report it, let DE handle the rest. 

Most accounts are being sold without the name, I guess there's no need to be smart to know why nor to figure how it works. 

And even after knowing the name of one of the accounts being sold saw it on my country's wf FB group), nothing happened after the report. Those are just a couple of the reasons why I'm asking

Q1. Neural Sensors: When can we expect those to drop from the right faction?

Q2. Unique Orokin hacking puzzles, when will they arrive?

Q3. Have you thought about giving more mission types modifiers or alternate objectives that become unavailable once the alarms are triggered? Half as many enemies to kill. Defending only one terminal instead of three. Triple the XP for every successive Spy vault extraction.

Q4. Any reason why there isn't a Tenno whip?

Q5. Did it ever cross your mind to create a system that analyzes which nodes on the star map are underplayed and gives them tiered bonuses based on how little they're played, including double xp, credit/resource boosts, and so on to combat players concentrating on loot cave nodes? Once they reach a certain popularity again the bonuses could vanish.

Q6. In my opinion the game lacks an ability for players to influence the state of the game world like we're always told by the Lotus and other NPCs during narrative parts of the game. I feel like every part of the game, early, mid and endgame could hugely profit from a mechanic that makes every single mission players do have a tiny but real effect on the power balance between factions, so that the timing and location of in game events like invasions, infestation outbreaks, Fomorian attacks and sentient invasions(?) can be directly affected by the players base. Exterminating a galleon full of Grineer, whether its for an Invasion or not, depending on where that node is, could weaken the military power of the Grineer boss' regiment in that area. Spy mission intel could be a resource the players can decide to sell back to the faction they stole it from, or donate it to the enemy boss of the player's choice, increasing the chances of them invading the closest hostile faction force. Make the world come truly alive.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

Will we be able to have an option to sell or get rid of our old syndicate sigils we no longer need?

For example, I'm rank 5 in SM and CS and have all theese sigils I'd no longer use. For me, I have loads of other sigils so I feel like it would be nice to be able to free up some space and make alot less to scroll threw.

That aside, I am looking forward to the dev stream! See you guys there.

Dear Dang Diddly DE Developers

As a fan of 2008's Dark Sector and its very fun Glaive usage, I think it's an incredible shame that Warframe's counterparts to the Glaive have fallen so far behind in terms of usefulness. All Glaives have Skana damage, rely on incredibly rare stances to be even remotely useful, and have minuscule Throw Attack damage that makes them completely overshadowed by Gunblades, which have around 4 to 9 times more damage on their shots compared to the various Glaives, something their differences do not make up for.

Would it be possible to do a pass on Glaives (especially their Throw Attack damage) like you have done in the past for Heavy Blades and Scythes?

Something I would do is give Glaives Throw Attack damage on par with the Gunblades, but remove stealth damage bonus from Throw attacks, so it wouldn't become overpowered. After all, the stealth bonus damage is meant as a reward for getting up-close in stealth. Ranged stealth is what we have headshots for.

Like always, stay hotdog.
Thanks for reading, have a Hektato:
Zs1N6oJ.png

Has anyone considered giving the Arcane Enhancements a once-over? We currently have several Arcanes that are viewed as pure junk, because they have little to no use (such as Arcane Momentum, +fire rate for snipers), don't give enough for the investment (such as Arcane Velocity, +fire rate for pistols), or in some cases, do more harm than good, which is the case for the damage resisting ones (Arcane Healing, Warmth, Ice, Deflection, Nullifier, Resistance), because they can interrupt actions when triggering, are unreliable due to how they work, and give almost nothing, not even an Arcane Revive!

Given the fact that you need 10 of an Arcane to max it out, but can only get 1 per Trial per day, putting together sets of the really good Arcanes can be very time consuming for those who don't have plat to trade, and expensive for those who do. This alone can be very discouraging for people looking to get into Trials, and that's before we get into the difficulty of getting groups together without community-based resources.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

49 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

Well, I know I asked this last devstream (and it kinda-sorta got answered), but this devstream seems like a more appropriate place to ask this, and I hope Geoff could go into a little more detail. So here's my question (it's a two-part question):

1) Has DE ever considered trying to make their running and sprinting animations IK-based (as in, Inverse Kinematics)? You know, something the make the running and sprinting a little bit more "fluid" or more "life-like." Movement in Warframe feels kinda slugglish right now, and after playing certain games that have IK-based movement animations, I have to say that such games' movement animations feel a lot smoother and flow better. So has the animation team ever considered revisiting this, and what is the likelihood of something like this ever being possible in Warframe?

2) The second part: I'm no fan of PvP in Warframe. I'm just not good at all the parkouring and stuff. But one reason I just can't seem to get into it is because of Warframe's movement animations, but in regard to how the player character moves with his gun in hand. In Warframe, the character isn't always pointing his/her gun forward. And when moving left to right, or front to back, the character turns his/her whole body in the direction that the character is going. In other words, you can't really strafe in warframe. It's a feature I'm used to seeing in first and third person shooters. Most shooters I've played (from GoldenEye 007 way back to Delta Force and COD and Battlefield and Ghost Recon and Battlefront, etc) have this basic movement feature. My question is (and this one I don't think I asked last time): Would it be possible to give players the option to always have their gun up in the ready position (so, always pointed forward, never pointed down)?

I just feel like these two things would improve Warframe's movement as well as going a long way towards getting people more interested in Warframe's PvP (by offering movement mechanics that are familiar to fans of the first/third person shooter genre).

I would actually like to see something like this. Hope they answer this question and discuss it.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What: This Devstream will be going back to Warframe basics. With all these Directors present, it'll be time to take a look at some of Warframe's big picture areas. Updates are our life blood, but so is a satisfying core gameplay experience. We'll be covering both these topics in detail on the stream, don't miss it!

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and a MYSTERY PRIZE during the Livestream!

inb4 the mystery prize is Mogamu

It's the wake of mogamu's channel

When do we get the Ash Deluxe skin ....is there any chance that we can get two things for fang prime....1 can we get either more crit or have slash damage added...2 sense we probably won't get a set of dual shortened nikanas is there any possibility of us getting a skin to make the fangprime look like dual nikanas....more damage on the fangprime  would be awsome....one more thing...please let us use the conclave stances....in coop game play...or are there new stances to come

1. Some days ago, Rebecca open a topic asking new ideas for missions. Can we expect new mission types before update 20?

2. Warframe is a game that add new reinforcements with exciting new weapons almost every month. But some weapons become forgotten really fast by not having better stats than others considered 'meta weapons'. You guys have plans to make a complete overhaul on weapons damage, stats and etc?

3. The game is every year growing bigger and bigger. All the aspects of the game is evolving through the updates, and I wanna now from the developers, how they imagine the game on the next three years and beyond?

4. Today, mastery rank is a measure of how much time you wasted leveling up stuff in the game. Today, Tigris and Galatine Prime need mastery 13 to use. You guys have plans to add more high mastery level weapons as the game progress?

5. Please change Nekros Prime energy to 242 from 180 (at level 30), so with Primed Flow he can have 666 energy (since Nekros Prime can't achieve 666 shield anymore).

6. Any changes to Sorties on the future? Maybe requiring a specific warframe or a specific mod equipped as a condition. 

7. Also about the sorties, some missions' conditions are rifle only, bow only and etc. Why the mission 'pistol only' is named that way if I can bring whatever type of secondary weapon?

8. Something that I always wanted to ask, but not have the opportunity. Why Prime Access is so expensive? I mean, a full prime access is $140, which is more than two triple-A games combined. What is the strategy behind this price? 

9. Umbra? Just kidding, I'm not doing this question.

10. TWW is very delayed at this point, but I still hopes to play the quest soon! With this update coming to an end, what you guys have learned from experience to improve future updates?

11. Finally take my Fluctus out of the foundry and this weapons is really fun and unique to play. Can we have on the future archwing weapons that works on normal missions too like a new category of heavy primary weapons?

Edited by Rulbiem

17 minutes ago, DrPinkieDIe said:

HYPE! also why is everyone on about ash's deluxe skin, Ash Prime looks good enough as is, and my poor sweet zephyr needs her deluxe skin first

Don't worry. Ash is still in concept art stages, while Zephyr has actual textures and meshes being worked on.

After the star chart change in SotR, the only way for players to get Nightmare mods is from the Nightmare alerts.  That means that all those interesting modifiers from the old regular Nightmare missions aren't being used.  Any chance on bringing back the regular Nightmare mode missions to the star chart?  Recolor the node to red and use the Nightmare icon, sort of like the syndicate/fissure/sortie indicators.

Q: Are Prime Vaults still a "temporary solution" or do you plan to continue vaulting old primes?

Q: On one of the previous livestreams Steve and Geoff had a small conversation about improving basic animations and agreed it "could be looked at".
It's a long requested quality pass that dates back to the parkour feedback megathread that resulted in Parkour 2.0
Is that planned for, let's say, Update 20?

Q: Any more improvements for relic gathering?
The "grind the same mission" problem moved from parts to relics, as there is so little ways of getting relics reliably.
Adding them to credit-only alerts to make those also more desirable to run is just one of many ideas that float around on forums regarding this issue.

Q: Any progress on "Mandatory Mods" / "Mods 3.0"?

Q: Any progress on separating armor colors?

Edited by Shifted

Custom parkour...it was mentioned once..some of us miss wallrunning...   and a right side holster for the nikanas...so we can mount it on our backs like the singleswords...and single handed whielding for the nikanas...like the skana is carried...it would look great make the nikanas feel new

Edited by Profit62