Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #80!

[DE]Rebecca

12 minutes ago, Ydracus said:

One question for me : Will we be able to see Nekros minions health bar on the HUD ?

THIS !
As the life of the minions now decreases it would be really nice having something to check their health bar. Furthermore, is it possible to slightly change the colour of the minions ? I always mix them with the other enemies, especially for grineers faction.

Next, as already said the Idea of an Universal Vacuum would be really really great. I had a bug again where I can't get a loot stuck behind a wall, which can't happens with carrier >.<

At last, I wonder if it's possible to consider a rework of the forma system. Warframe is mainly based on the liberty of building BUT as the news mods cost a lot, we must almost forma all the slots (especially since the exilus adapter). Why not, but it completely cancel our choices for building.

As Warframe has expanded as a game, there have been numerous CC moves added to Tenno and enemies. Almost every warframe has some means of CC, status weaps and melee weaps can stun, and we all have the wonderfully satisfying ninja kick. Enemies have some pretty cheap but effective CC effects too. Heavy Grineer units groundpound, scorpions and ancients pull you, MOAs and bursas knock you back, mutalist MOAs slow you, etc. It seems like a lot of these abilities for Tenno and enemies were added while ignoring the other. A lot of warframe CC powers work on everything, minus minibosses and some fliers. While enemies will occasionally override anything done to them to execute their signature CC move. Can we see this being revisited/rebalanced?

When enemies override warframe CC or spam the bejeezus out of it, it's almost always really annoying. I do a graceful ninja-kick to a Heavy's face, he falls over, and then groundpounds 0.00001 sec later and knocks me on my butt, like I never kicked him in the face at all. Same thing happens when I play Inaros and sandblast a scorpion, who immediately pulls me anyway. And the worst is playing hot potato in an infested mission with 6 ancients at once where I'm the potato, getting pulled over and over and over again. Can we have some sort of short term CC immunity after being knocked down, or have more reliable CC when we have directly CC'ed an enemy and expect the enemy to be stunned for at least 2 seconds?

And overpowered warframe CC is not a good thing either. Heavy units should be a threat, and not just bigger bullet sponges. Perhaps a rebalance wherein heavy units are slightly less affected by CC, due to their increased size and bulkiness? This would apply to heavy units like bombards, napalms, ancients, and the like, NOT scorpions, riot shield grineer, anti-MOAs and small units.

Also, can we do something about Grineer commanders? They have the cheapest CC move in the game, taking control away from the player for 2 sec in the middle of a squad of grineer soldiers is a low blow. They can do this switch teleport as soon as they have line of sight, even if you are shooting them in the face, stunned them w/ an impact/blast proc, are flying through the air in a majestic bullet jump or doing anything, really. They wouldn't be so gosh darn annoying if you could move IMMEDIATELY after being teleported. If anyone is confused or disoriented, it's me, the player, not the warframe. Let me move!!

First of all, congratulations on the new syndicate passives. For me, it was completely unexpected.

Now, just a couple quick questions:

1) One could say this "Summer of Updates" was a dramatic shift in pace for Warframe development. For future updates will you try to downsize the amount of content to return to a more regular schedule or are you trying to set up a new rhythm?

2) Regarding the recent Syndicate melee weapons: 

- Is the Rakta Dark Dagger supposed to work with the Gleaming Blight aug? (Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that it does due to the synergy with the passive but I gotta check before getting my hopes up)

- While I agree that the Synoid Heliocor should just be a sidegrade to the original, I think that the stat reduction was a bit too much since it's passive doesn't carry a big enough impact to justify the loss in damage. Also the change from a crit weapon to a status weapon doesn't feel quite right when most syndicate weapons maintain the identity of the original. Can you explain the reasoning behind this change? 

As always, thanks for all your hard work!

Edited by Chikulomesso

Now that we have syndicate melee that is a load of my mind. Any possibility for syndicate cosmetic armor to compete with Teshin's offerings? If so, is it still possible to consider arcane enhancement of cosmetic armors opening up more options for this interesting design space?

Q: Have you thought about revamping the challenges any and expanding it into something bigger? For example, there is a challenge that simply asks you to kill "X" number of targets in "X" seconds. What if players can select a harder version of those challenges? What if players, based on mastery rank, could have multiple challenges out at once? Weapon class specific challenges?  What if through progressing through the ranks of the syndicates we could get themed challenges from them to earn extra rep? Challenges issed by characters like The Lotus,Teshin, Darvo?  Daily/weekly challenges? Clan/Alliance challenges? Community Challenges?   Lots of little questions about essentially the same question. 

I know I'm late and you may not get to this question but I'll try anyway. 

Can you guys explain your rework philosophy to the community?

I would just like to make it clear that in my view, the vision for a rework should be to enhance the quality of existing moves. To ensure they maintain their current functionality, however offering new attributes to further their utility and effectiveness in game.

Several people insist that reworks should alter movesets completely throwing out skills and replacing them with different ones. Where do you guys stand on this?

Also, please address the height issue on outside maps. I should not be getting reset with Zephyr as often as I do. Please just put an invisible ceiling.

Edited by (PS4)RenovaKunumaru

Hello DE~

As a long time warframe player, especially near end game the void has basically been our goal. As of Specters of the rail you guys have introduced the relic system thus eliminating what was essentially void grind. But unlike the older void runs the relic runs have been lacking in terms of game play variation and I was just curious whether or not you guys are going to add more game modes and whatnot to get the reactant and if you are, can give us some insight into what you guys are going to do?

Also curious as to whether or not we will be able to take prime stuff off our primes to maintain the more vanilla aesthetic (fashionframe!) and if you could, please give us your standing on this please.

Lastly, will you guys ever fix the Scimitar animation when turning to the left (right from our perspective) as the wings don't move up and down whereas they do when you turn right (left from our perspective)

Thanks for reading in advance ^_^ ~

What about an option to remove (or just remove it: hint-hint) prime Warframe's parts from their skins?

I bought Rhino Graxx skin in hope that it will get rid off the shoulders, hips and wind-uper, but they are left there and annoy me since they don't look good with the skin.

Question 1(gameplay): can we get some love for channeling and charge attacks? Maybe new mods to mix them up a bit

Question 2(fashionframe): what are the chances you'll introduce new auxiliary attachments for frames besides nekros and Valkyr? They've been the only frames with these special attachments for years, and it would be interesting to see what unique equipment other frames would use, even of its just through tennogen

Question 3(updates) I've of things that makes warframe so great, it's the steady stream of updates the game receives. While the various installments of U19 have, so far proven to be of high quality, perhaps it's taken away from the game as a whole. We certainly appreciate all the work that DE has put into this update, but I think many players would prefer smaller, more frequent updates in the future. What are the dev teams plans for future updates in terms of size vs frequency? 

12 hours ago, Toastertron3000 said:

What are the plans for improving the new player experience?  Recently, a friend of mine started to play and I was embarrassed to have to explain so many concepts to him that the tutorial did not teach well enough.  The Wiki should not be the tutorial, and yet, is always the most recommended thing for new players to look at over the in-game tutorial.  Another thing that could be improved for early players is the shop interface as some players misinterpret weapons as being premium currency only.  It hurts me to think of all the players that quit early on due to early difficulties and confusion.  

exactly my point the previous market separation for blueprint and plat item was much better compared to this

I have a really interesting question, but I'm sure that there may not be an answer, or even no one knowing anything.

In some of our recent quests to acquire Warframes, some may have noticed that these frames once had a voice. Chroma was recognized by the Lotus when Ordis replayed the "All is silent and calm" speech. Mirage in her quest tells the Lotus to stop lying and everything will be okay, after she is killed. Atlas, assuming he died from the Golem, was told to us by Jordas that we are like that Other Warframe, and will quiet us as well.

So, assuming that nearly every frame had a voice, would there be a possibility for a quest to give our Warframes their voices back?

(I would immediate say that everyone would use Chroma's voice, due to his being heard in a quest.)

2 hours ago, Amagenda said:

Hello DE~

As a long time warframe player, especially near end game the void has basically been our goal. As of Specters of the rail you guys have introduced the relic system thus eliminating what was essentially void grind. But unlike the older void runs the relic runs have been lacking in terms of game play variation and I was just curious whether or not you guys are going to add more game modes and whatnot to get the reactant and if you are, can give us some insight into what you guys are going to do?

Also curious as to whether or not we will be able to take prime stuff off our primes to maintain the more vanilla aesthetic (fashionframe!) and if you could, please give us your standing on this please.

Lastly, will you guys ever fix the Scimitar animation when turning to the left (right from our perspective) as the wings don't move up and down whereas they do when you turn right (left from our perspective)

Thanks for reading in advance ^_^ ~

in respect to this suggestion,  why not remove the fissure alerts completely, instead just make any mission fisure-able i.e there is say a 10-15% or more chance for the mission to become full with fissures anytime and on closing it people get a reward from the tier they are in like

lvl (1-10) tier !

(11-20) tier 2

and like that . again 4 prizes will be received and player can choose one out of them. endless missions can have multiple fissures at random times (yaay reason to play them again)

this wil not only add a variety to the game but also wil abolish the need of relics completely thus reducing grind.

people can be given say, a counter in the relays like the ducat stall, where they can exchange all their random existing relics for items. and this shall work like the present system, where radiant relics have higher chance of dropping better rewards.

Well i do hope DE sees this post, 

Question:

Are there any plans (or do you like the idea) to make low level content relevant again? Like, there's no point in visiting planets below Ceres at this moment. A "New Game Plus" system would be great, where you can restart the solar map but with Earth starting at level 30+, for example. Maybe after each planet completion give an Endo reward or something like that. It would really make all the content relevant again for veteran players and get rid of a lot of the fatigue of doing same few tilesets over and over just because they're not level 3. There's a reason games like Diablo have a lot of replayability. Could you give some reasoning behind your answer as well, thank you!

Edited by Berdfess

http://imgur.com/a/fcWbf
http://imgur.com/a/EFxAA
http://imgur.com/a/EPzqz
http://imgur.com/a/xeI0z

Those are albums showing an animation but where you use the current weapon you are holding instead of the melee weapon when you are performing finisher if you are not a host.

Question/Request:
Can we have a counterclockwise slide attack animation?

Edited by Orodenki
added a video example

I have a number of questions (and ideas): Due to their size, I have compressed them with a spoiler.

Spoiler

Gameplay/Mobility/Parkour: Wall-running, can it's code be adapted to the current code layout for 'hold A while pushing movement stick forward = wallrun' to enable alternative mobility choices, as wall-hopping does not look as cool and is very slow in comparison to bullet-jumping and then sliding. Could we also see the return of leaping (crouch first, then initiate sprint while jumping)?

Fashion/Awards/Acolytes: Since we've 'killed' these Acolytes twice, second time not getting anything worthwhile, is there a remote chance for a 'multi-frame' cosmetic (not including frames like Chroma who need another cosmetic body part that will conflict with non-Chroma helms) version of the Acolytes' Neuroptics so we can mock the Stalker?

Gameplay/Missions: There's a newfound lack of variety in our missions; non-Alert Nightmares are missing since Specters, Deception is MIA, Quests aren't replayable, and some Tactical Alerts / Events have story elements that could be repurposed into more quests.

Gameplay/Weapons: As many have said, most weapons have become ineffective, despite their potential and unique utilities (I.E: Stradavar), and some weapons are far more powerful than others and can easily be obtained earlier than others. DE, can we see an increase to weapon mod space (both capacity and slots) via some Orokin module, or an improvement to their general stats (using Warframe stats as a base) to allow for more unorthodox fighting methods to come to fruition? Or can we see a re-juggling of the Mastery Requirements for weapons based on their base effectiveness?

Gameplay/Void/Fissures: Currently, there is only one type of Prime Part Acquisition Mission, and that's an Extermination of Corrupted. Some missions (i.e: defense, interception, excavation) could do with having the older iteration reintroduced. In the Void itself, being able to crack open Relics should be tied to a number of 'hidden' challenge rooms that would spawn, and once used, the room will shut down. Furthermore, endless missions (i.e: defense, interception, excavation, survival) should allow people to choose more Prime Parts depending on how long they've stayed (up to the 4th rotation for 4 parts from your own Relic) and how many there are. 

Gameplay/Missions/Waiting: In the 1st iteration of the Navigation System, when waiting for a squad, a nicely made diorama would show up. I would like it to return.

Fashion/Functionality/Dioramas: Would it be possible to design a Diorama system where the Tenno can build or load an existing environment, drop in some enemies, make a freeze-frame of combat (or a short video) and then put it on a Display or on Steam/here? This would allow Tenno to tell their own stories, explain a few things, and show others what dioramas you've made. These Dioramas could even, over time, be upgraded into minigames or self-made missions using existing mechanisms and be put up on the Steam Workshop tab.

But most of all, I hope you at DE now comprehend the magnitude of how trying to go for gigantic updates impacts on you and us Tenno. War Within was supposed to be for the conclusion of July, but was moved to August's end, then [Critical DElay]ed until [Now, tomorrow, next week? ].

1 hour ago, shadow18715 said:

I have a really interesting question, but I'm sure that there may not be an answer, or even no one knowing anything.

In some of our recent quests to acquire Warframes, some may have noticed that these frames once had a voice. Chroma was recognized by the Lotus when Ordis replayed the "All is silent and calm" speech. Mirage in her quest tells the Lotus to stop lying and everything will be okay, after she is killed. Atlas, assuming he died from the Golem, was told to us by Jordas that we are like that Other Warframe, and will quiet us as well.

So, assuming that nearly every frame had a voice, would there be a possibility for a quest to give our Warframes their voices back?

(I would immediate say that everyone would use Chroma's voice, due to his being heard in a quest.)

Chroma's Voice is likely emitted by the Conculyst that is his pelt, due to how Sentient it is. However, that raises another question:

If Chroma's a Conculyst, what's his Battalyst, Oculyst analog?

does the War Within require a prerequisite quest before doing it?

with the latest pbr treatment of prime weapons, all that's left that arent pbr'd are the older regular frames, any plan on giving them the pbr update too?

i knows its a little late, but with the kavats and how vastly superior they are to kubrows, is there any plan to revisit them?

since its more about vaulting relics than vaulting primes, any plan on changing the name of prime vault to relic vault?

can we have it so that when accessing the navigation, it shows all the planet again and not just the last planet you visited?

can we have it so that the reactants count are team based? its pretty hard especially on exterminate missions with low enemy count where you'd have 1 teammate with 10 of them, while one would only have 7 with no enemies left