Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #80!

[DE]Rebecca

a 2 questions / 2 suggestions :

as many players have commented about before, many feel the "endgame" as it were is currently too easy/not challenging enough. while sorties and trials exist, this to me feels like there is not really much variety, add in the basic complete removal of "worthwhile" endless missions, and we get stagnant gameplay that feels repetitive. are there any plans going forward that may result in some form of higher level gameplay beyond sorties/trials?

the second question/first suggestion actually regards a statement from the ask a cephalon blog a long time ago (march 4th, 2015), as well as the above question:

"-HeadLocks- asks: Have you personally spoke with the Lotus? If so, does she have any plans to visit one of our relays?

As it is my task to organize all data obtained by Tenno I often speak with the Lotus, offering recommendations and advice when necessary.

It is my understanding that the Lotus does intend to visit Relays in the future now that the Fomorian threat has been severely diminished. Appropriate security measures will need to be taken to ensure her continued well-being, but I would imagine your patience will eventually be rewarded."

while i realize the employee who wrote the above column is no longer under your employ, is this still a possibility? especially seeing as we now have the full second floor in the relays? perhaps she (or cephalon cordylon in her place) could act as a new syndicate leader. the players could be tasked with missions with enemy levels being sortie level high, where there are 2 or 3 modifiers that affect the mission such as "no shields" and "eximus fortress" or "melee only" and so on, in addition to a hard conclave score for the loadout taken into the mission, such that players must tailor their gear not only to face the threat behind the mission but also are limited by the amount of physical power they may bring to bear in that mission. these missions may have multiple objectives within the same map/area to further create a sort of fake difficulty.

the second suggestion actually comes from one of the things i feel is lacking in dojos: a variety of decorations beyond what we currently have, such as cherry blossoms. =( my springtime garden/shrine just doesnt feel like it is in spring =(.

im sorry for the wall of text ^_^ but i love warframe so much and i feel like it could be improved =)

Hey guys :)

PAX Australia, have you got any more information on your panel? (so, so hyped to know the day since we need to book our trip to Melbourne :D)

Now for a bit more nostalgia.

Do you remember how back before like.. update 12, in the Grineer Asteroid tile-set, there used were a few rooms that were taken out because (at the time) enemy path-finding was horrible and the rooms themselves were often a bit complicated to navigate? Since we have Parkour 2.0 and loads of new tile-sets (especially the moon) that have rooms that are just as, if not more complicated to navigate, would we ever potentially see the return of, or updated versions these rooms added to the game?

8 hours ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

What are the weirdest shortcuts did you all as developers have to make in order to have a game mechanic or some other part of Warframe work properly? Stuff like how you shrink down the player model in Archwing or how Bethesda made a working train by putting a special piece of clothing on a character model. Weird stuff.

Hydroid doesn't have his model removed, it's just shrunk and the texture is hidden, but you can see a tiny little hydroid if you have any buffs that cause the model to glow or get an outline.
It's one of the cutest and ridiculous things I've seen in WF. 

Will the ether daggers ever be put into the game in a way that can be obtainable for people who sold it after the stolen dreams quest? Its the only weapon I havent mastered, and I know a few other people who are in the same position, I would even pay plat for it from the market just so I could master it, but its completely unobtainable.

Why is it so imperative that you all ([DE]) keep all information such as stats and drop chances of currently released items hidden, so hidden that datamining is required to acquire this info? If we could look into a menu of some sort to know that Bullet Dance is a rare drop, rather than look for datamined stats of its drop chance. I can understand content not yet released being hidden in the game files, but released content being hidden is a confusing concept.

Will other Umbras that come after Excalibur have as massive of a plot relevence to obtain, or will the quest after TWW unlock the ability to acquire and build umbras?

Are there plans to add a spectator mode to Lunaro/Conclave?

What improvements will be made to the Dojos in upcoming updates?

There is a bug currently where during void rift exterminate missions, if you kill the enemies too fast, which commonly happens especially on lower level rifts, the enemies will not drop enough reactant to open a relic, commonly stopping around 8-9 reactant. Would it be possible for you to insure in some way that at least ten reactant always drops in a mission so that players are not punished for running the missions efficiently?

Since this is about the core gameplay...

1. What internal progress have you guys made for enemy cheese and enemy scaling?

2. Any considerations for increasing base movement speed?

3. With powers being such an important part of Warframe, are there any plans to tweak the energy system, or to add other things (universal vacuum?)?

4. How's the progress on Damage 3.0/mandatory mods? Will we see mods like Body Count being implemented into the base system as buffs instead of mods?

First, Can you do the dairy tribute attendance on mobile apps?

Second, Are there any plan to tweak some Machete and Sparring melee?

Third, Do you have any plan to convert already finished "Operation" and main quest into story mode? Those events are tied with lore of the game it would be great if you can do something about the "Operation" to be one part of the main quest. For example, the Operation : Mutalist Incursions, this story will be playable as a story mode to understand where Mutalist Alad V come from, the requirements before this operation can be playable maybe, Unlocked Eris and finished Operation : Breeding Ground first. The reward maybe unlock Patient Zero quest.

Titania's Dex Pixia primary weapon recently had it's recoil reduced but added random spread in it's place, making accurate tap fire meaningless. This brings me to ask about weapon handling, primarily focusing on recoil and spread. Are there any plans to alter weapon handling such as giving weapons (especially automatics) controllable vertical recoil, more accurate hipfire and more defined bullet spread? 

What has the team taken away from the launch of U19 in parts and how it has affected the community?

What old mechanic are looking to brush up next, and what are you working on right now?

What is the long-term goal in integrating and making archwing relevant to the core game?

Any thoughts on how Carrier continues to dominate the companion scene? No matter how much it's stated only casual players pick Carrier, it cannot be denied the sheer utility of having Carrier with you trumps most, if not all other companion abilities. Certainly no other sentinel compares, and the Kavats tentatively if at all provide a small competition. The diriga used to prove worthy with high damage output and was nerfed, the smeeta used to provide large resource bonuses and was nerfed while carrier continues to suck in loot player usage and complete dominion with ease. What's up with that? How will you make other companions compete with carrier?

Any thoughts on integrating enemy balances as mini (maybe tactical) events to give a sense of real world repercussions or effects? Such as a sabotage alert that nerfs nullifier bubbles, for example, that players could complete and see nullifiers actually suffering consequences.

Any news on our new musical friend?

What will be done to bring up status and raw damage builds up to par with crit? Any thoughts on making IPS builds as viable as elemental builds?

What's next for the focus system?

Thanks!

Are there any plans of going outside the solar system?

The locations today are great and you have done an excellent job of differentiating between them but for some reason all the talk about how great and strong the Orokin were gives me (at least) the impression that they spread outside the solar system - I think this would also work well with the Sentients.

Thanks. 

Can you please make cronus and ether daggers as alert rewards? either that or please make quests replayable. I need those to complete the codex entries. Also, can MR20+ players get a 4th extractor? Also, is the neural sensor drop for the extractors glitched? Did'nt get a single neural sensor from the Jupiter extractors since SOTR update, and i deploy those twice in a day. Please fix it.

Edited by Shashu13
Wrong update mentioned

In Devstream #78, in response to Chroia's question about what kind of game Warframe is supposed to be, [DE]Steve said that: "Generally speaking there's an element of skill.  It's a bit twitchy.  You need to aim."

Given that there are still some abilities and weapons in the game that completely negate a player's need to aim or develop other skills, I would have to disagree with that statement.

All too often I find myself in a game with, for example, a World-on-Fire Ember, or a Mirage with a Synoid Simulor, and their presence makes that of anyone who has spent time developing skills in aiming or moving, pointless.  They could very easily solo the mission, probably one handed, but instead three other people are effectivly forced to run through the mission as spectators while that one person 'plays'.

Personally, I am of the belief that abilities should supplement and enhance a players skills in shooting/movement/melee, rather than being a crutch or replacement for a lack of them, but instead I see players claiming that the game is 'built around abilities' (like in a conventional 'stand-in-the-fire-and-press-1-2-3-4-while-the-healer-gives-themselves-an-aneurism-keeping-you-alive' MMORPG, instead of a shooter), and that as players progress in the game these 'unlocked skills' frequently replace any need for learned skills (up to a point at which learned skills become a necessity, and the players that neglected them a liability).

Are there any further plans to reign in the few abilities/weapons that allow this, or is there no such thing in Warframe as 'too casual'?

I'm not suggesting that the game should be more like Dark Souls in terms of difficulty, or that abilities don't have a place when used together in a team setting, just that a single player's ability strength should not negatively affect others' 'player agency' to the extent that it currently does, regardless of their difference in progression.  In addition to being a skill redundancy issue, it is also a new-player-experience issue.

-

As for solutions:

My suggestion for WoF would be to remove its augment, change it from a flat damage amount to a % of enemies health per tick, which would counter the abilities scaling issues (% is decreased if the enemy is above player level/elite, to prevent infinite scaling) and make CC dependent on modding, so that efficiency allows the ability to be used constantly, with a much higher chance of causing the stun CC, while modding for strength instead allows for faster kills, at an unsustainable energy cost (and damage can be supplemented further with accelerant for tougher enemies, but with an additional energy cost).  This would have the base, unmodded version of the ability have a low chance of stunning each target, and provide damage over time, rather than burst.

For Mirage/Simulor, I'd stop orbs frome clones merging, so that the player still needs to fire the full amount of shots for them to merge.  However, at that point the shots from each individual clone would also merge.  This would make it harder for a Mirage to blanket a level, and increase their ammo consumption, but still allow high, if spikey, damage.

Edited by polarity

1 minute ago, Shashu13 said:

Also, is the neural sensor drop for the extractors glitched? Did'nt get a single neural sensor from the extractors since TSG update, and i deploy those twice in a day. Please fix it.

I think having 2 planets for all of the rare resources would help a lot with that.  Aren't neural sensors still only available from one location?

First of all, Thank You DE for creating such an amazing game! 400 hours in (over 4 months), and still loving it! (This is coming form someone who hated grind games; the story of Warframe got me hooked for so long, I really got used to it ).

My main question for you guys is, will anything be done to fix the Lore elements already present ingame? The elements in question being Void 2.0 and the Patient Zero Quest.

For Void 2.0, I actually wrote about it in the Void 2.0 Megathread, along with fan-concept type solution. Can't quote it since it's locked, but the main points (as posted on the thread, with some modifications) were:

Spoiler
  1. The fact that relics hold 'the probability to hold a specific item' does not make sense. Why would the Orokin create something like that in the first place? Assuming that relics were used by the Tenno during the Old War (they'd have to, since they contains Tenno weaponry), It would only create problems in weapons and Warframe acquisition, in a time where every day they're pushed closer to complete annihilation.
  2. According to the original fissure mission dialog, void traces are by-products of relic opening. Then how do we get traces without a relic?
  3. What happened to Void Keys? Uptil now they've been an integral part of the Warframe Lore.
    • Captain Vor became Corrupted Vor and could enter all towers due to his special edition Void Key.
    • The Corpus/ Grineer use Void Keys to enter the Orokin Towers (i.e. Void Sabotage).
    • The Stalker uses Void Keys in the Second Dream.
    • What about the Tenno? How do we enter the Towers? Though Corrupted Vor still says we use keys to enter, post SotR, it's no longer mentioned how we obtained them in first place.
  4. How do Fissures in the Towers themselves make any sense at all? The Neural Sentry sets his own people against his people? When he has complete control over them, what's the point?

Solution Mentioned ( A personal fan concept, but I rather it be anything that holds Warframe logic):

Spoiler

Void Fissures are small unstable portals between the Void realm and the Sol System, from which Void energy flows from the Void to the System and remain open so long as a relative 'flow' remains. The Void, in turn acts as a 'sink' to excessive void energy in the Sol System. The Void that we see is in fact a giant, permanent, stable Void Fissure, opening up to the rest of the Void realm.

Void Fissures are the equivalent of trans-dimensional energy storms, appearing in places where there is excessive lack of Void energies (like near zero humidity in a dessert, versus a 'void' humidity of around 100%). This implies that gathering and dispensing Void Energy like a low level humidifier, is one method to greatly reduce probability of Void Fissures appearing, though quite a costly one. Spy vaults should one place they are used! (Spy fissures are near impossible to complete anyway, at least that's what I and a lot of people in the Megathread say)

Void Fissures can be both natural and artificially created by Neural Sentries.

Torsion Beam devices are (maybe, this is a guess) used to open portals between two points. When equipped with Void Keys, they can open a path to an Orokin Tower hidden in the Void by acting as entrance passes, the only known method of Void Travel by the Grineer and the Corpus. Weather one is welcome after entry though, is another story.

The Tenno use Void Keys and there own Navigation System to locate and Enter Orokin Towers. Said keys may be either be acquired from junctions connecting to the planet that has access to the Void, or from additional Void Junctions at Europa, Phobos and Neptune [Either the same way as other Junctions, or a set up where the Void Junctions act as research outposts for the Void and the Orokin Towers. Certain tasks need to be completed to get access to permanent Void Keys of a particular region].

Relics can be thought of stable mini-portals that connect to particular well hidden (and tightly guarded) storage rooms. A Relic can be said to be any of the items listed, but only one at a time, and is destroyed after use. (Useful in wars, to keep access of said rooms as restricted as possible).

Refinement can be thought of as a method to ensure a particular item is obtained from said relic, only the Orokin had a method to ensure particular a drop, while we (the Tenno) have no choice but to use cruder methods, which only increase the probability of a drop ( add in the age of the relics themselves, the Tenno are lucky to get anything at all).

Void traces should only be found from the Void, in caches spread out throughout the Towers. [For newer to mid level players, too much farming left, not enough time to enjoy the scenery, unless the scenery is in the mission itself].

Void Fissures corrupt people in the sense that, due to overcharge of Void Energy, they either die, get knocked out, or go berserk with appropriate buffs [Mostly berserk], and attack anything they see as a threat (Like a Bull seeing the metaphorical Red). Artificial fissures are used by Neural Sentries to increase the ranks of the Corrupt (Example: Fissure corrupts. Actual corrupted enter and drag berserk and unconscious people back through the fissure).

What is reactant? A crystallized form of Void Energy, formed like salt crystals when clumps of active void energy suddenly move from a saturated (full of void energy) to a non-saturated area, gathering around exposed high Void energy sources (like the corrupted, newly made or otherwise). They decay like Argon Crystals but with a much shorter lifespan. Thus opening relics require the Tenno to be on site to gather and use them.

Reactant hold the same property as the corrupting void lightning from Void Fissures, but much more concentrated (like short term radiation). Tenno have a much higher threshold for Void energies, but two squad members standing together holding different amounts of reactant act like Tesla coils, creating lesser void lightning. This can cause havoc to both machines and nearby people, thus it is not recommended to rescue people while gathering reactant, or even entering the Liset! If you must open a relic, do it before the rescue!

Tenno have an innate Void energy discharge system, which only activates when Void energy levels cross a threshold (like after opening a relic). Thus no member of a squad is allowed to extract unless everyone has discharged (or someone holds no reactant at all, although that would be counter-intuitive).

Also, shoutout to Xenotechie for the following idea taken from his 'Research Report' fan concept.

The Rift Plane, located between the Void Plane and the regular one (where the Sol System lies); acts like a boundary between the two realms. If a large mass of Void energy is corrosive/reactive enough to break through to the Sol System, then the Rift Plane (through which Void energy flows like an underwater current system), acts like main plane wide Void energy regulator. Void fissures would form in areas where severe lack of Void energy in the Sol System system, would cause an excessive build up of energy in the respective area in the Rift plane, allowing a pierce through of the Void.

Patient Zero Timeline Dilemma:

Spoiler

In the Patient Zero quest, we see Mutalist Alad V, which happens after passing through Jupiter (where we meet 'Regular' Alad V ), and before/at Uranus, as according to the timeline of the events 'Tubemen of Regor' (where he asks the Lotus for help in obtaining a cure), the Second Dream quest and Operation Shadow Debt (where he appears almost completely cured). But we still see Mutalist Alad V in Eris transmissions, which as per the new star chart, we can assume the Tenno gained access to after The Second Dream and Shadow Debt (The fact that quest access can only be gained from the Eris Junction on Pluto only confirms that). So then, where the did the new Mutalist Alad V come from? Is the quest 'Patient Zero'  a flashback quest, or did he get infected again?

Some confirmation to the above two main points would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by ShadowMark25

Greetings,

I would like to play more pve again, but it is getting boring real quick.

I'm playing this game since it got released on Steam, so I reached this 'in rumors shrouded point of boredom' since I accomplished all I wanted and got tired of the grind a long time ago. The only things that kept me online were Clan-Alliance related business, updates, events and especially the Conclave. (Because I love to master the games mechanics and play it to its full potential.) But in the current state we don't have much of Clan-Alliance related stuff going on and events got pretty rare too.

Conclave related questions:

What are your future plans with the Conclave? Is there something big upcomming again?

After servers became a thing, will there be a spectator mode?

Will we be able to make lobbies and ban certain weapon types, or disable energy, etc.?  In short: Setting rules for our lobbies?

PvE/Clan related questions:

Clans (especially Dojos) and Alliances had become more and more just a side gimmic during the last year. You already said in one of the last streams that you would work on them soon. Are there any plans to integrate them deeper into the everyday gameplay again and maybe make them more viable yet?

Here some suggestions I thought about:

e.g. Weekly missions to gain some rare ressources for everyone in the Clan. The overall-value could depend on the members participation.

e.g. A holodeck to train certain tactics in certain tilesets against certain enemies would be an useful addition for the game too. Especially to prepare new recruits for the field.

e.g. A "Question and Answere" or just an info page for the Clan/Alliance with "for everyone" and "for members" parts. This could help to make recruting and introducing the Clan/Alliance to players more appealing.

Oh and Dark Sectors? :)

Edited by Loxyen