[DE]Megan

PSA: TennoGen on Consoles

1 minute ago, V45H said:

so let me get this straight they can only spend platinum that they bought without a discount?

No no, we console tenno get market coupons.  Usable only on single items from the in-game market.  Some of us intended to purchase the recent round of tennogen items on discount.  DE is stopping our ability to use market coupons on tennogen items.  We can still purchase tennogen items with plat we've traded for.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)iBoiz said:

What are you even trying to prove?

Market coupons were introduced exactly because PC had discounts. Why would DE want pc to also get market coupons?

Obsidian and Jade skins are our versions of pc exclusive skins. Pc players also get deals on plat via steam.

not trying to prove anything to my knowledge. you provided a discussion point, i provided a counter point, ect. its called a discussion, no need to get russled jimmies good sir/madam.

re-reading of our discussion, i see more of your point, but im still inclined to mine, but respect your perspective

1 minute ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

No no, we console tenno get market coupons.  Usable only on single items from the in-game market.  Some of us intended to purchase the recent round of tennogen items on discount.  DE is stopping our ability to use market coupons on tennogen items.  We can still purchase tennogen items with plat we've traded for.

oh i get it

Just now, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

not trying to prove anything to my knowledge. you provided a discussion point, i provided a counter point, ect. its called a discussion, no need to get russled jimmies good sir/madam.

re-reading of our discussion, i see more of your point, but im still inclined to mine, but respect your perspective

Just do add, pc players can get discount on their market items(similar to our coupons) via Darvo.

Just now, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

we also get the darvo deals...

That's not the point. What I'm saying is that Darvo deals are basically our coupon system, so pc players can experience it.

Yeah I don't see why anyone on consoles would complain...the prices for their tennogen are already lower then the PC versions. Now PC players complaining about tennogen prices and how it was handled for them...that's the kind of talk that gets your thread locked hehe.

Consoles still have stacked up platinum to purchase Tennogen items with instantly on release. Or trade for (free).

PC still has overpriced Steam items.

The wait time is a pointless argument and a poor justification. What's the point of all these items if they're not affordable at all? I'd much rather have only 6 affordable goods I can get instead of 60 that are way too much.

Even if 75p = 5$ no one in their right mind buys platinum without a discount because, again, it's overpriced.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Oh boy, someone's gonna be unnecessarily angry about this one

I am more angry about the coupons in general, as console players can't use them on bundles or even several stacks of items, but only 1 object at a time, while PC players can purchase Platinum at a discount with them and by doing so actually getting more out of them. One might argue, that the coupons on console are more beneficial to pure F2P players and I agree on it in general.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Senpai-Pie said:

Consoles still have stacked up platinum to purchase Tennogen items with instantly on release. Or trade for (free).

PC still has overpriced Steam items.

The wait time is a pointless argument and a poor justification. What's the point of all these items if they're not affordable at all? I'd much rather have only 6 affordable goods I can get instead of 60 that are way too much.

Even if 75p = 5$ no one in their right mind buys platinum without a discount because, again, it's overpriced.

Making Tennogen items obtainable by platinum was The Only Way DE could introduce it to consoles. Get over it.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, osuman said:

Making Tennogen items obtainable by platinum was The Only Way DE could introduce it to consoles. Get over it.

Kinda surprised DE's managed to find ANY way to make it so that PC steam generators get something from a different company on a different console. Color me impressed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, V45H said:

so let me get this straight they can only spend platinum that they bought without a discount?

No they get market discounts and those don't apply to Tennogen.

Edited by Godzilla853

1 hour ago, (PS4)iBoiz said:

That's not the point. What I'm saying is that Darvo deals are basically our coupon system, so pc players can experience it.

You realize that darvo chooses the item and discount whereas the coupon is able to buy pretty much everything at a discount

Plus all platforms get darvo

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)THE_HUNTER96929 said:

You realize that darvo chooses the item and discount whereas the coupon is able to buy pretty much everything at a discount

Plus all platforms get darvo

Did you even read what I wrote? What are you trying to prove me that I don't know of?

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Attention Console Tenno,

We have just put a fix live that removed the ability to apply Platinum coupons to the TennoGen items released in yesterday’s The Silver Grove Update. It was never intended to have these coupons apply to TennoGen items and we apologize for the mix up. Bringing Steam items from PC to Console was no easy task, and we had many dotted lines to sign in order to ensure our content creators were being properly compensated for their hard work. Considering console Tenno are able to purchase these items with Platinum unlike PC players who must purchase through Steam using Steam Wallet, we can’t allow discounts on these TennoGen items in order to ensure we can maintain value and sustain the addition of future content. 

If you have already purchased a TennoGen item using a coupon - it’s your lucky day! Your items will remain in your Inventory, but coupons will be exempt from purchasing TennoGen items moving forward. 

Thank you for supporting our TennoGen content creators, and stay tuned for more coming to consoles in the future!

You telling me I bought a discounted tennogen when I wasn't supposed to?

HAH.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Attention Console Tenno,

We have just put a fix live that removed the ability to apply Platinum coupons to the TennoGen items released in yesterday’s The Silver Grove Update. It was never intended to have these coupons apply to TennoGen items and we apologize for the mix up. Bringing Steam items from PC to Console was no easy task, and we had many dotted lines to sign in order to ensure our content creators were being properly compensated for their hard work. Considering console Tenno are able to purchase these items with Platinum unlike PC players who must purchase through Steam using Steam Wallet, we can’t allow discounts on these TennoGen items in order to ensure we can maintain value and sustain the addition of future content. 

If you have already purchased a TennoGen item using a coupon - it’s your lucky day! Your items will remain in your Inventory, but coupons will be exempt from purchasing TennoGen items moving forward. 

Thank you for supporting our TennoGen content creators, and stay tuned for more coming to consoles in the future!

Really.....I saved 25% of my plat then I get F$%#&!....>_<

23 hours ago, Senpai-Pie said:

Console players can't buy plat with discounts. They don't get the plat discounts we get.

2 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Console players can't buy plat with discounts. They don't get the plat discounts we get.

Yeah, they trade for plat and get the items free of charge.

1 minute ago, Lord_Azrael said:

we get maybe one or two a year when Supreme Console Overlord (Sony/MS) allow it. and even then the deals kinda suck.

cant speak for XB1 but on PS4 its like:

75P-$5 down to like $4.50 

170P-$10 down to $8

370P-$20 down to $15

Ect, ect

5 minutes ago, Senpai-Pie said:

Yeah, they trade for plat and get the items free of charge.

Somebody bought the plat. I see what you mean about that, but in the end that 75p is still worth $5. And this was the only way to introduce tennogen on consoles, as others have pointed out. Either way, it doesn't really effect us. Whether the items are free on console or cost $50 apiece, it doesn't change anything on PC. Unless you're thinking about switching to console just for cheap tennogen, we're best off just letting it go. They aren't that expensive, anyway. A cup of coffee costs almost as much, these days (which, to me, says more about the cost of coffee then anything).

Just now, Lord_Azrael said:

Somebody bought the plat. I see what you mean about that, but in the end that 75p is still worth $5. And this was the only way to introduce tennogen on consoles, as others have pointed out. Either way, it doesn't really effect us. Whether the items are free on console or cost $50 apiece, it doesn't change anything on PC. Unless you're thinking about switching to console just for cheap tennogen, we're best off just letting it go. They aren't that expensive, anyway. A cup of coffee costs almost as much, these days (which, to me, says more about the cost of coffee then anything).

Even though my responses say otherwise, I have nothing against consoles having the Tennogen items for platinum.

My problem is PC having overpriced items when they should have been priced from 3$ to 5$ while consoles are now able to get those same items (even if not all at the current moment) without paying a single thing. The whole system ends up feeling like a scam, at least to most.

And the best part is we all know DE won't do a single thing to change this and wait out for the anger to settle down, until everyone forgets about this situation and they continue on with this poor practice. Sooner or later, 40% or more of the customization will be Tennogen items which will be hilarious in a stupid form.