Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

gunzfire's Valkyr Helmet

gunzfire

Hey guys! I been working on my first helmet for TennoGen. I have gotten some great feedback and working on revisiting the design. Thinking about exposing the "brain" for the helmet to give it an interesting look. I brought in the cable "braids" to match the wire attachment available for Valkyr.  Here are some rough sketches. Let me know what you think!

VDZHJIi.jpg

0DkoXnn.jpg

Edited by gunzfire

3 minutes ago, fredaven said:

new sketch is is nice. it looks a lot like the bastion at the back though no?

I actually quite like the old sketches as well, but I think you lost something in the translation to the model. it got a bit flat

Bastion? Is that a Warframe Helmet or are you referring to Overwatch?

Yeah, translating concept to 3d is always tough since some forms won't match the original concept. 

Id say the second design is my favorite of the two, the first has those metal bars which really have no relation to the frame body, making it feel out of place. The shape of the three cranial claws look a bit off to me, since she is more curved compared to angular. The two side curved parts angled back to the rear of the helmet look to be a nice addition as well.

7 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Id say the second design is my favorite of the two, the first has those metal bars which really have no relation to the frame body, making it feel out of place. The shape of the three cranial claws look a bit off to me, since she is more curved compared to angular. The two side curved parts angled back to the rear of the helmet look to be a nice addition as well.

Thanks! I will try something with more curve instead of the cranial claws. 

10 minutes ago, gunzfire said:

Bastion? Is that a Warframe Helmet or are you referring to Overwatch?

Yeah, translating concept to 3d is always tough since some forms won't match the original concept. 

whatever the valk helm is called with the dreads..the name escapes me:D

27 minutes ago, fredaven said:

whatever the valk helm is called with the dreads..the name escapes me:D

Yeah. I took the dreads idea from Kara Valkyr Helmet and modified it for this helmet. Planning to have cables almost as long as Ash Prime's "Ponytail".