The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Prime?

(XBOX)Paladin Kenobi

4 hours ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

God no! Its taken me forever to reach rank 13 and you wanna lock content behind unfairly high MR walls!? NO! Please god no! MR 12 is high enough. 

Remember. Not every Warframe player is veteran whose been playing since the very beginning of Warfame's lifespan. 

A few weeks is a long time....?

And that is playing super casual at an hour a day maybe.

7 hours ago, (XB1)Paladin Kenobi said:

I love my OP grenade lancher, its my favorite gun lol yall ever think we could ever see a Tonkor Prime, Prisma, or even a Tonkor Wraith or such?  maybe a magazine buff or status buff

C'mon ... how can you miss the obvious:

ATONKOR - dual wielding tonkor is what we need!

I really like the Tonkor, but right now, I'm no longer using it because while it does high amount of damage, most of that damage is useless. I'm using a Soma Prime now and it's way more efficient. It's even more true because of the wierd hitbox on the grenades sometime... The Tonkor already had a nerf, it's in a fine state, but there's way better weapons out there.

1 hour ago, Ninjahunter8020 said:

Just to be a massive troll I would want them to release it now and MR lock it at 24 :3

Actually, buying gear from the Marketplace (I think?) or Prime Access bypasses MR requirements. So that would be more of a step towards pay to win than a DevTroll. 

Might be entertaining for me to watch the forums go up in flames, but I doubt any af the moderators would be happy. :-p 

Prisma Twin-Tonkors!!!

And wow.. people complain about being outscored in a PvE game where your own kills give you less Affinity than the kills of your team-mates...
this is most amusing.

Whenever i got o akkad and a simulor mirage joins my team i go semi afk because i am happy to see the massive income of affinity that player causes... the only annoying things is the simulor sound though.

Also the Tonkor requires some sort ff skill as i have been running into people who complain that tonkor is a bad weapon and they cant hit sht with it.

Edited by Vyra

1 hour ago, Zaisha said:

Actually, buying gear from the Marketplace (I think?) or Prime Access bypasses MR requirements. So that would be more of a step towards pay to win than a DevTroll. 

Might be entertaining for me to watch the forums go up in flames, but I doubt any af the moderators would be happy. :-p 

Well it would be a prime so it would have to be through the Prime Access. But since you mention it, that is a good point about the bypass (keep forgetting about it since MR-lock hasn't been much of an issue for me for a long time). Still would just sit back with some popcorn and watch the Forums burn if they did something like this. Heck I'd bring enough popcorn for the both of us.

16 minutes ago, Vyra said:

Prisma Twin-Tonkors!!!

And wow.. people complain about being outscored in a PvE game where your own kills give you less Affinity than the kills of your team-mates...
this is most amusing.

Whenever i got o akkad and a simulor mirage joins my team i go semi afk because i am happy to see the massive income of affinity that player causes... the only annoying things is the simulor sound though.

Also the Tonkor requires some sort ff skill as i have been running into people who complain that tonkor is a bad weapon and they cant hit sht with it.

I agree with you, but it seems people don't want the strong weapons like the Tonkor buffed because they fear that the game would be too easy to play or that there will be fewer variety of weapons on the battlefield. 

Can't hit anything with a Tonkor?  Cover the floor in grenades. 

Just now, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

I agree with you, but it seems people don't want the strong weapons like the Tonkor buffed because they fear that the game would be too easy to play or that there will be fewer variety of weapons on the battlefield. 

Can't hit anything with a Tonkor?  Cover the floor in grenades. 

The problem is we already have that and i don't even think that is going to change.

Tonkor, Simulor, Soma, Galatine, War , Tigris

most of the other guns are usless like ether swords and so on

1 minute ago, Vyra said:

The problem is we already have that and i don't even think that is going to change.

Tonkor, Simulor, Soma, Galatine, War , Tigris

most of the other guns are usless like ether swords and so on

It is funny, isn't it? 

Oh and War and Galatine are not guns.  That's kinda scary if you are, in fact, using them as such.

Edited by (XB1)GeckoGenesis

14 hours ago, (XB1)Paladin Kenobi said:

I love my OP grenade lancher, its my favorite gun lol yall ever think we could ever see a Tonkor Prime, Prisma, or even a Tonkor Wraith or such?  maybe a magazine buff or status buff

NO, GOD, PLEASE NO! NOOOOO!!!!!!  (oops, see that I was ninja-ed above :) )

Edited by Omnimorph

4 hours ago, Vyra said:

Prisma Twin-Tonkors!!!

this is most amusing.

Not everyone is like that. I for one don't play because I like seeing other people doing things and numbers appearing. I like doing things. Period. Numbers going up will happen either way and I don't care if it takes slightly longer to level something.

According to the lore, Prime Stuff is just some ancient stuff from the Orokin Era. Tonkor is a Grineer Weapon. During the Orokin Era, there were no Grineer. So, there can't be a Tonkor Prime, that would break the lore.

It already is OP af, to be honest. It one-shots everything in your way. I heard that in the future, there will be even more planets / systems with even higher enemy levels. So to keep the One-Shot power alive, maybe DE will add something like a Vaykor Tonkor or something like this.

I've always felt like at least some Grineer / Corpus / Infested weapons could be primed.

I mean, with Grineer and Corpus weapons you could say that some of them are based on old Orokin tech. Orokin tech that these offshoot races couldn't even begin to reproduce because of how much more advanced it was in comparison to the status quo of their technological capabilities. So instead they created their own stylised versions of the salvaged Orokin tech they found from Orokin towers + derelicts. They improvised as best they could.

And as for Infested weapons being primed. We know that the infested have a hive mind. For example we have Phorid manifestations. Phorid has a base consciousness within the hive mind (perhaps Phorid is the hive mind) that can manifest at a whim. So the hive mind has a memory, and that memory can cause specific forms and specific divisions of itself to emerge wherever technocyte has infected certain hosts. Perhaps the infested weapons we have, are partially created from infested hive mind templates, extracted from the collective consciousness of the technocyte itself. And those templates come from the original instances of technocyte infesting Orokin weaponry, back when the technocyte eventually overtook many of the Orokin towers and the technology within.

Let's take Synapse for example.

Perhaps there was an original weapon similar to the Synapse that was developed by the Orokin. Perhaps the technocyte hive mind managed to overtake that technology and it's bearer, thus creating a sort of mental template so that future copies could be created at a whim. And the blueprints we purchase are merely copies of the translated information originally held within the hive mind.

16 hours ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Tonkor being grineer will never actually have a "prime" as for a wraith or prisma, it is in a place right now where it doesn't need variants. Devs will give the focus to other weapons that either need or deserve it more.

Like the dragon nikana and the sancti tigris.

Honestly at this point, it could happen.