Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strawpoll: Limbo Deluxe skin

Sir.X

I guess, yet to be honest, Limbo somewhat looks he has a lackluster Deluxe skin going already.

As for the skin itself, what could you really do with it? It's not like his design was different before. 

Now, what I would love to see for a Deluxe Skin on Limbo is some kind of Day of the Dead, Los Muertos style attire. 

23551d897a43ac7f3999f4a39ccff145.jpg

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

2 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

What do you mean by related to his quest line?

Meh, might as well spoil it. In the quest Ordis finds out Limbo killed himself by attempting to Rift Walk too far. Some have suggested for a skin that would show what he looked like either after he died or before.

2 minutes ago, shadow18715 said:

Meh, might as well spoil it. In the quest Ordis finds out Limbo killed himself by attempting to Rift Walk too far. Some have suggested for a skin that would show what he looked like either after he died or before.

Wouldn't that be what he looks like now? If not then wouldn't that be his Prime. Talking about before he died here.

After he died would be hard to implement as a skin IMO.

13 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

-snip-

Most/ all warframes you play as or get through quests are "as they were" before the quest. Mirage was obliterated by the sentient, I believe, yet her default has no battle wear.

Needless to say, i think a more "Nebulous" look for Limbo would be neat. Fractured and broken.

Or you know, Dia de los muertos. A style thats already going on in warframe.

Neither, because original Limbo is probably Prime and the other Deluxe styles are getting a bit bland (Ash, sniffle)

There's heavy use of symmetry in Limbo's aesthetics save for his hat. I would like to see drastic asymmetry in his Deluxe skin, twisted by the Rift if you will.

6 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

I'd like to see a pirate-based Limbo before a battle-damaged Limbo. Deluxe skins are always different themes, so a damaged skin doesn't make much sense at all. However, pirates can have fancy hats all day, and that's the best thing (aesthetically) about Limbo.

Don't we already have Hydroid for Pirate?

46 minutes ago, ByrdMann said:

Most/ all warframes you play as or get through quests are "as they were" before the quest. Mirage was obliterated by the sentient, I believe, yet her default has no battle wear.

Needless to say, i think a more "Nebulous" look for Limbo would be neat. Fractured and broken.

Or you know, Dia de los muertos. A style thats already going on in warframe.

If you want a battle damaged skin, you can make one yourself. IMO that doesn't fit into a deluxe skin. Not deluxe-y enough for me.

1 hour ago, shadow18715 said:

it's a warframe it can't accidentally kill itself. The operator is still in stasis

12 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Yes, but he doesn't feel like a pirate at all, but a skin could do it better than Hydroid can.

Also, Pirates should have hats, and Hydroid is seriously lacking that key aspect, but Limbo is perfect for it.

Does this.

Not resemble this?

Spoiler

pirate-008.jpg

And summoning a Kraken is not pirate-y enough for you?

1 minute ago, secret9005 said:

Does this.

Not resemble this?

Reveal hidden contents

pirate-008.jpg

And summoning a Kraken is not pirate-y enough for you?

It resembles it, sure, but only if you think about a direct comparison. However, look at the entire rest of his body and it isn't pirate-y at all. 

And yes, summoning the Kraken seems like a pirate, but that's not part of the skin, which was my point. 

9 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

It resembles it, sure, but only if you think about a direct comparison. However, look at the entire rest of his body and it isn't pirate-y at all. 

And yes, summoning the Kraken seems like a pirate, but that's not part of the skin, which was my point. 

It just seems weird to give Limbo (a mathematician) a pirate themed skin. Where as we already have Hydroid whose theme is mostly based on pirates.

13 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

It just seems weird to give Limbo (a mathematician) a pirate themed skin

Seems odd to have given Nova, an anti-matter-themed frame, a buddhist/eastern religion based skin, despite those being nearly polar opposites. 

14 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

Where as we already have Hydroid whose theme is mostly based on pirates.

I'm not saying that it should be the only option lol. I was saying I'd rather see it than a damaged skin, and it could also work well with him with his hats and the glory of pirate hats. 

In reality, Hydroid has almost zero direct resemblance to pirates. He's actually mostly water-based with a couple pirate elements.

6 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Seems odd to have given Nova, an anti-matter-themed frame, a buddhist/eastern religion based skin, despite those being nearly polar opposites. 

I'm not saying that it should be the only option lol. I was saying I'd rather see it than a damaged skin, and it could also work well with him with his hats and the glory of pirate hats. 

In reality, Hydroid has almost zero direct resemblance to pirates. He's actually mostly water-based with a couple pirate elements.

Well no one else had an eastern religion theme going on with them. I want to see something unique for Limbo, not something the game already has (in some extent).

2 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

The exact polar opposite of antimatter is matter, and last time I checked, religions weren't matter or anything even close.

That said, I have not recently checked if anyone has managed to materialize a religion into physical form.