Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: "Dissolve All Duplicates" button

(XBOX)XxSchism6886xX

With the new change in the mod upgrade system from fusion cores to Endo, can we discuss the pros/cons for creating the ability to dissolve all duplicate mods into Endo with just one click?

After a few hours of grinding for mods to turn into Endo, I usually have several hundred mods and I am forced to manually select each one individually to dissolve. Now that we dont have to worry about trying to dump like mods into each other to level them up, each duplicate mod is basically just Endo food for any mod you want to level up.

Of course, it would need a pop up warning...something to the effect of "Are you SURE you want to dissolve all duplicates?" And maybe some type of container to put duplicate mods in, that you want to hold onto for a friend or sell in trade chat (or the ability to "lock" mods so they cannot be dissolved).

But manually selecting hundreds of duplicate mods for Endo dissolving several times a day is getting a bit tedious.

Given how many people accidentally sell quest only parts for warframes or weapons, or accidentally manually dissolve their corrupted or primed mods they want to sell, I don't think we are ever going to get a "dissolve all" button that willl most assuredly get rid of corrupted mods or duplicate rares that you were holding on to sell, or even mods like Fleeting Expertise or Heavy Caliber, where it behooves you to have more than one of at different fusion ranks.

Basically, it's a functionality that practically no one who plays seriously would ever use, and just invites disaster.

Edited by Gelkor

1. Dissolve all duplicate commons
    • All
    • Dash polarity
    • V polarity
    • D polarity
    • double dash polarity
    • Am I missing a polarity?
  2. Dissolve all duplicate uncommons
    • All
    • Dash polarity
    • V polarity
    • D polarity
    • double dash polarity
  3. Dissolve all duplicate rares
    • All
    • Dash polarity
    • V polarity
    • D polarity
    • double dash polarity

That's a whole lot of buttons, and it can still definitely be broken down into further sub-categories.

Everybody knows that we just need 1 button: Dissolve all duplicate AMMO DRUMS

27 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Am I missing a polarity?

Unairu.

BitingPiranhaMod.png

44 minutes ago, (XB1)XxSchism6886xX said:

With the new change in the mod upgrade system from fusion cores to Endo, can we discuss the pros/cons for creating the ability to dissolve all duplicate mods into Endo with just one click?

I'm cool with it as long as it's 'dissolve all UNRANKED duplicate mods' so my ranked damage mods for sentinels or ranked mods for sale don't go to waste :P

Edited by Raniu
[/spoiler] doesn't work >_<

44 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

That's a whole lot of buttons

Dissolve all Duplicates that are higher than X

x = input amount 5, 10, 100, whatever...

If you have a stack below the input amount it isn't touched, any mods above that are dissolved leaving the 'X' amount for that stack.

You have 5100 redirections and 1100 ammo drums, x = 100, dissolve all and have 100 ammo drums and redirections remaining.

1 button with a quick input required that is saved so it works on that value every time unless changed.

1 minute ago, Xekrin said:

Dissolve all Duplicates that are higher than X

x = input amount 5, 10, 100, whatever...

If you have a stack below the input amount it isn't touched, any mods above that are dissolved leaving the 'X' amount for that stack.

You have 5100 redirections and 1100 ammo drums, x = 100, dissolve all and have 100 ammo drums and redirections remaining.

1 button with a quick input required that is saved so it works on that value every time unless changed.

I'll accept this.

1 hour ago, (XB1)XxSchism6886xX said:

But manually selecting hundreds of duplicate mods for Endo dissolving several times a day is getting a bit tedious.

Simply do not do it everyday. What's the rush? Select mod's to be sorted by dublicates & dissolve piles more than 50 - 100. That surely should not be so hard every now and then. With any new content released small or big we ask for convenience buttons: toggle that, shrink another, reduce this, hide that. Not sure if simplifying everything is a good idea. Lets assume such 'Dissolve set amount of dublicates' button gets implemented, what's next? Hmm so maybe allow me to select particular mods to be converted into endo automatically after each mission, cause hell, i cant be bothered pressing that 'Dissolve dublicates' button anymore!

Most of the negative comments focus on the potential of accidentally dissolving rare or prime mods you want to keep. This is why I also recommended a way to lock mods down, so they cannot be sold/dissolved until you manually unlock them (much in the same way as locking weapons in Destiny).

As for the replies from players who like to keep multiple mods at different levels, don't you find it a bit of a pain to go to the duplicates tab and sift through all of them in order to select just the unranked mods for dissolve? It wouldnt be too hard if you only had a couple mods at different ranks to save, but if you try to do it with a lot of mods, it wouldnt be very fun to manage. 

Why do I dissolve my duplicate mods so often? I need that Endo! I dont want to hold onto useless duplicates for days/weeks, when I can dissolve them to obtain the Endo I need to upgrade the mods I do use.

Personally, a lock/unlock and a sell all duplicates would be handy. 

2 hours ago, MokutoBunshi said:

Here's what would be nice. When you are dissolving trash mods make a: Select all but on button.

That way I don't have to go to and click on my stack of 30 vitalities and type in 29 and then exit then move on to the next.

]\'[

XB1 players can just press Y to select all.  Thats probably the ONLY thing console players have over PC ?

8 hours ago, (XB1)XxSchism6886xX said:

XB1 players can just press Y to select all.  Thats probably the ONLY thing console players have over PC ?

PC players also have this, middle mouse button. What he wants (and what I'd like as well) is instead of getting rid of all the duplicate mods in a stack with one button, instead get rid of all the duplicate mods in a stack leaving one so you always have a spare just in case.

• Like 1

Instead of selling all mods, an option to sell all unranked duplicates would be better in my opinion.

It would be fairly easy to rank a mod you wish to sell or upgrade later by just 1 level (especially with the Endo system).

All the unwanted trash could still be dissolved in one press of a button.

And I do not really understand the cries of people who "accidentally" sold their mods or parts.

You really need to go through several buttons to do so - it seems a bit like someone wanted to get some credits and realized later that it would be better to sell that mod on trade. Can't blame an option for your own mistakes.

As a console player, my one desire on this topic is to have the "select all" function only set the number selection to maximum, rather than actually selecting all of them. That way, I can "select all",  tick it down one, and then confirm, rather than needing to tick the count all the way up.

I want to keep at least one of each mod even if I'm burning them for endo. You never know when you're going to need a new rank of something, so one on hand isn't a bad idea.

On 9/15/2016 at 3:56 PM, DeltaPhantom said:

I would never use it, because there are plenty of mods that are worth keeping spares of in order to sell/trade.

yup same thing, or having duplicates at different ranks for various builds, or extra copies for your Sentinels weapon

After reading all of the suggestions, I have the answer.

Have DE develop a macro language just for mod to endo conversion.  

Add a terminal mode so people can develop and test their scripts.

Allow players to trade their macro files for platinum.

How does DE make money from this?  Sell virtual buttons for the macros.  Want to have three scripts available?  Buy three buttons.

• Like 1