Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perrin Sequence melee effect

gkuoni

19 hours ago, Krion112 said:

I'm sitting on about 4 million credits, do you think double credits is going to be any sort of a desirable resource for me, or players like me?

Peanuts. How many primed mods do you have? Fusing a primed mod from 0 to 10 requires 1,976,436 credits. I have 20 different primed mods (not counting dupes), maxing all of them would require 39,528,720 credits. I know players with 80 million credits that do raids mainly for credits, because a single bout of transmutation can easily cost 10 or 15 million. I feel like a pauper with only 11.5 mil, I raid every day to increase that. Because it WILL be spent if I don't keep getting more.

Plenty of MR 12 players need to farm credits. And getting double credits just for using a fun weapon in regular missions is pretty nice! The other day I went to selkie, sedna, just to level. When I left I got 53k credits from enemies alone, plus like 9k for the reward. Overall, not bad!

7 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Well then, it's a pretty useless passive if you ask me, because even if it's faster, the weapon already has faster finisher animations than most weapons anyway. So, lol, how are they faster than any other weapon just as fast? Well, it doesn't matter because it's useless.

Why do people always do this? "If it's not a one-button mass kill, it's useless." Everything's useless, according to the forums. If you just look around at different threads you'll quickly conclude that everything's trash tier except the galatine prime.

Look, as passives go it's not overpowered or game-changing. So what? It's a fun weapon with amazing utility that also has this neat pair of passives. I can get double credits from enemies in any mission I choose, without having to explicitly farm credits, and all I have to do is use this great melee weapon! Plus my finishers are faster! What's not to love?

1 minute ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Why do people always do this? "If it's not a one-button mass kill, it's useless." Everything's useless, according to the forums. If you just look around at different threads you'll quickly conclude that everything's trash tier except the galatine prime.

Look, as passives go it's not overpowered or game-changing. So what? It's a fun weapon with amazing utility that also has this neat pair of passives. I can get double credits from enemies in any mission I choose, without having to explicitly farm credits, and all I have to do is use this great melee weapon! Plus my finishers are faster! What's not to love?

Nice word twisting.

Just how fast can finisher get? How is amazing when it will hardly be used or rewarding when you can make any finisher faster than it already is? It's still the short end of the stick, it's still the weapon that offers little to nothing gameplay wise, but if you like your very unlikely finishers to be faster on a weapon that isn't really great for that kind of thing, great for you, but don't sugar coat as much.

1 minute ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

it's still the weapon that offers little to nothing gameplay wise,

Good base damage, great status, very fast attack speed, incredible range, elemental only, faster finishers, double credits, looks cool. That doesn't look like nothing to me.

You called it useless. Why? Because you don't do a lot of melee finishers? Some people do, and even without that passive it's a great weapon. Why is it useless?

Just now, Lord_Azrael said:

Good base damage, great status, very fast attack speed, incredible range, elemental only, faster finishers, double credits, looks cool. That doesn't look like nothing to me.

You called it useless. Why? Because you don't do a lot of melee finishers? Some people do, and even without that passive it's a great weapon. Why is it useless?

I didn't call the weapon useless but the second passive it has. If you want do use melee finishers this weapon doesn't really add that much to that even with a passive because the speed increase is negligible as you can improve that in any other weapon anyway, plus, some weapons are better for that even without CL.

The weapon is fine, it's effects however, comparing to the other 5 doesn't really get any near in usefulness (not even the credits thing, that should've been it's minor passive, because it's very minor, you won't get that many credits with it because mob credit drops are very meh, and will still be meh considering that it restricts what you can do just do get a 2x credits when it does drop as it doesn't even give guaranteed drop chance).

But hey, if you find everything about it amazing, good for you, I just don't agree.

3 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

If you want do use melee finishers this weapon doesn't really add that much to that even with a passive because the speed increase is negligible as you can improve that in any other weapon anyway,

Yes. you can improve finisher speed with attack speed mods. But you would obviously use attack speed mods on the SL, so I'm not sure how that's relevant. If I'm using the SL with a frame like inaros or excal or ash or banshee or loki or ivara then I'm going to appreciate the finisher speed.

3 hours ago, TwevOWNED said:

This is just disingenuous as hell. The Atterax is still far and above the best Whip entirely due to crit. 

Comparing the Atterax to the Secura Lecta

Damage: 45 to 75

Speed: 1.25 to .917

Crit Chance: 25 to 5

Crit Damage: 3 to 1.5

The Secura Lecta is hot garbage, both in stats and its passive (twice of nothing is still nothing). It's going to score significantly less DPS than the Atterax, and Status melee weapons as a rule are awful. 

you have misplaced speed stats tho. And range is better on lecta, while on Atterax it's horrible

Just now, TwevOWNED said:

Oh, woops, didn't notice that. Atterax will still come out with higher attack speed with Berserker though. Range is eh.

you can proc berserker via Maiming strike, which on high-range weapons makes sense. Also, primed fury reduces the distance between crit and non-crit weapons, too.

15 minutes ago, pavlo555 said:

you have misplaced speed stats tho. And range is better on lecta, while on Atterax it's horrible

13 minutes ago, TwevOWNED said:

Oh, woops, didn't notice that. Atterax will still come out with higher attack speed with Berserker though. Range is eh.

What is this about meh range! Both the atterax and the lecta have amazing range. Only the telos boltace gives them a run for their money in terms of range. Though I think that the atterax's range is better.

And that comment about status melee being horrible is pure nonsense. Ever heard of slash procs? Gas procs? Rad procs? Viral procs? I like to quick-melee with a radiation-viral serro, but now the SL may displace that weapon. Gas + electric will be fun with the SL vs corpus, and of course the gas lesion or slash proc dual cleavers are amazing. Have you ever tried status melee?

1 minute ago, Lord_Azrael said:

What is this about meh range! Both the atterax and the lecta have amazing range. Only the telos boltace gives them a run for their money in terms of range. Though I think that the atterax's range is better.

As far as I tried both usual lecta and atterax, atterax feels shorter. And it doesn't  just feel, it is significant due to meh stances (De pls). While 2nd hit on lecta with usual reach hit a target 12m away... I actually don't remember what atterax scored there - need to build it again. but I remember missing my targets a lot.

4 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

And that comment about status melee being horrible is pure nonsense. Ever heard of slash procs? Gas procs? Rad procs? Viral procs? I like to quick-melee with a radiation-viral serro, but now the SL may displace that weapon.

Related:

2 minutes ago, pavlo555 said:

As far as I tried both usual lecta and atterax, atterax feels shorter.

Atterax has much better range than the regular lecta. It was (afaik) the best reach in the game, before the telos boltace came out.

Signed: someone with a 5 forma atterax and a profile that lists the atterax as my most used weapon.

Edited by Lord_Azrael

2 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Heh heh, gas damage is so amazing. I love the serro.

Is this your video? If not, good find!

Click "View on youtube" and you will be led to amazing channel which is not mine. Mine is horrible and has a lot of dislikes and old vidyas.

Secure Lecta : should have had an Ordinary worthy Pun.

Instead of : Whip the enemy out of their ill-gotten gains; double credit drops on kills.

Something like: Whip the enemy out of their ill-gotten gains; increase Status with double credit drops on kills.

Where a passive adds Status chance based on credits pickup or when the credits drop. (Can be a short 6 second doubled status buff)*

Gas+Electric Lecta with only needing 2 Dual Stat mods ... Yes please

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

I am really dissapointed with the overall balance across syndicates. There was no need to screw Perrin Sequence and Hexis even more. Passives aside, they had the chance to introduce a high tier Tonfas and Whip which wouldn`t have hurt. They are not even as a melee weapon impressive. 

The bare minimum is an additional effect for Secura Lecta just like Helicor has two.

2 hours ago, AcceptYourDeath said:

they had the chance to introduce a high tier Tonfas

Um, the boltace is definitely high tier. Are you sure you're talking about the right weapon?

Also the SL is top tier, it's just not a damage weapon. It's a status weapon, and as a status weapon it is amazing.