Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Oni helmet. 2017-02-10 Feedback on Tintareas please :)

arch111

On 2016-9-19 at 4:05 PM, Vlada91 said:

On 2016-9-23 at 3:37 AM, Kyotra said:

Two things need to change, in my opinion. The nose needs sharply reduced in profile or removed (it looks too human), and the teeth need to look far less like, well, actual teeth.

As an example of how to do te teeth, take a look at Nekros Prime's helmet:

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20160710161326

Notice how part of his helmet has he appearance of skeletal teeth without actually being, well, teeth? It's just a small section of the helmet that juts outward with a few grooves on the surface, just enough for the mind to pick up on the allusion to teeth withou

On 2016-9-23 at 5:09 PM, Senketsu_ said:

I feel that removing the nose would make this helm perfect. I've been wanting an ONI mad for ash forever now.

I guess I will explore the nose and teeth further now and see how that looks.

Thanksggf

It has become clear that facial-features will always be a major problem for Tennogen. I simply have to change the design.

With this in mind, I took a more biomech-approack to the lower part of the head. It needs a highrez detailing and more work, but I think this is much more in line with what is ok by DE.

What do you think so far?

ash_custom_helmet_oni_v_5__warframe_fan_design__by_gaber111-dak9kwj.jpg

8 hours ago, arch111 said:

It has become clear that facial-features will always be a major problem for Tennogen. I simply have to change the design.

With this in mind, I took a more biomech-approack to the lower part of the head. It needs a highrez detailing and more work, but I think this is much more in line with what is ok by DE.

scary !

The teeth are ... problematic. As much as I WANT to have clear teeth, they will be rejected.

So. I am contemplating to make some "teeth" in front of the others, more of a transformers-style maby.

Gah. Maby I'll get a stroke of genious and rework it into more organic form again. 

8 hours ago, arch111 said:

Whoa. Well, it definitely looks better than before, I like this direction. But I had no idea that chin jutted out so far. I guess when it still had the nose it looked a little more balanced, but now all the attention goes straight to that chin. It looks weird.

I think you had a good idea going with the toothy-lookin' grooves there. Just take out the chin and bring the lines all the way down, it could work.

Edited by Kyotra

32 minutes ago, arch111 said:

The teeth are ... problematic. As much as I WANT to have clear teeth, they will be rejected.

So. I am contemplating to make some "teeth" in front of the others, more of a transformers-style maby.

Gah. Maby I'll get a stroke of genious and rework it into more organic form again. 

the ridgle line in face becoming a teeth look would suit it better 

like how the upper jaw looks now just mimick that on bottom behind the chin 

9 minutes ago, Kyotra said:

Whoa. Well, it definitely looks better than before, I like this direction. But I had no idea that chin jutted out so far. I guess when it still had the nose it looked a little more balanced, but now all the attention goes straight to that chin. It looks weird.

I think you had a good idea going with the toothy-lookin' grooves there. Just take out the chin and bring the lines all the way down, it could work.

You mean schrink the chin and bring it up a bit?

This size it pretty close to Ash's default helmet, and I have been going bigger and smaller all day.

By the way, I meant for the lines going down and up to suggest teeth rather than just show them.

Still want some tech parts in here, and I likely will bring something back from the concept drawing too somehow.

13 minutes ago, arch111 said:

You mean schrink the chin and bring it up a bit?

This size it pretty close to Ash's default helmet, and I have been going bigger and smaller all day.

By the way, I meant for the lines going down and up to suggest teeth rather than just show them.

Still want some tech parts in here, and I likely will bring something back from the concept drawing too somehow.

heres my horrid visual explanation , hope it helps 

CuLxoaDVUAA4W4Z.jpg:large

1 hour ago, Aliuas said:

This helmet looks really cool, and i decided to make a color scheme example, if you want to use it:

t13Q9So.png

I like it! In a way the Oni have come full circle now. I realize that the initial concept was too literal even if I really like the look.

11 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

just gonna say id make it into  the 1st color scheme for ..reasons 

Darker I guess? I really havent tried any colors for real yet. Plan on checking it out in th Viewer soonish.

2 hours ago, Evanescent said:

Lookin' good!

Glad you think so :)

3 hours ago, (PS4)Nzza_News said:

Kept my eye on this, it's looking pretty good I'd say

I hope it looks just right once Im all done!

10 hours ago, Kyotra said:

I changed my mind about the chin. Once you add color it changes up the profile, this is looking really good now.

i will stream line it a bit, but yeah I think it will look pretty good.

6 hours ago, arch111 said:

Darker I guess? I really havent tried any colors for real yet. Plan on checking it out in th Viewer soonish.

Glad you think so :)

I hope it looks just right once Im all done!

i will stream line it a bit, but yeah I think it will look pretty good.

viewer? 

and i just want to have a evil scary look myself o. o

10 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

viewer? 

and i just want to have a evil scary look myself o. o

I mean the Tennogen viewer. I loaded the body and a relatively speaking, low poly helmet an hour ago. To see how the neck and jaw and overall proportions look.

It works well for the most part. I need to figure something simple but sweet for the back of the head, and of course add the "ponytail" to see if it works or not.

The viewer seem to have a pretty extreme fish-eye lense in front though - no way that is representative of the ingame camera.

20 minutes ago, arch111 said:

I mean the Tennogen viewer. I loaded the body and a relatively speaking, low poly helmet an hour ago. To see how the neck and jaw and overall proportions look.

It works well for the most part. I need to figure something simple but sweet for the back of the head, and of course add the "ponytail" to see if it works or not.

The viewer seem to have a pretty extreme fish-eye lense in front though - no way that is representative of the ingame camera.

yea i kinda played with that a bit it was...ok 

for the piece why not try a braided line to a pointed end peice? if that sparks any creativity 

is the tennogen part were one would officially color it or is that just the basic upload? 

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

yea i kinda played with that a bit it was...ok 

for the piece why not try a braided line to a pointed end peice? if that sparks any creativity 

is the tennogen part were one would officially color it or is that just the basic upload? 

The Viewer have Tintmasksupport I think. 

So with 3 lights, tint-colors, normal, specular and diffuse its a good test-environment.

I hate to be that guy but you do realize that hitsu san already has an ash skin being voted for on steam that has a very oni themed helmet already right? I'm not sure how you could really differentiate your helmet enough from his while keeping the whole oni theme to justify both being added to the game, and ignoring his current track record of getting items added to the game (and his potentially rabid fan base) he did get his out there and voting started first by a few weeks now. I'm not sure how you can really differentiate an oni helmet from another similarly themed once since the defining feature of the oni would be the demonic face (which hitsu san managed to subvert by making the demonic jawline while blind folding the eyes to keep from having a too humanoid face) and the very distinctive short curved horns.

I guess the questions you have to answer for yourself is "if his is accepted first how can I make mine unique enough to also be accepted despite that" and "if his is rejected how can I make mine so it's not rejected for the same reasons".

1 hour ago, RedVoidDragon said:

I hate to be that guy but you do realize that hitsu san already has an ash skin being voted for on steam that has a very oni themed helmet already right? I'm not sure how you could really differentiate your helmet enough from his while keeping the whole oni theme to justify both being added to the game, and ignoring his current track record of getting items added to the game (and his potentially rabid fan base) he did get his out there and voting started first by a few weeks now. I'm not sure how you can really differentiate an oni helmet from another similarly themed once since the defining feature of the oni would be the demonic face (which hitsu san managed to subvert by making the demonic jawline while blind folding the eyes to keep from having a too humanoid face) and the very distinctive short curved horns.

I guess the questions you have to answer for yourself is "if his is accepted first how can I make mine unique enough to also be accepted despite that" and "if his is rejected how can I make mine so it's not rejected for the same reasons".

I am very aware. I am allso aware that our styles are very different and if I do the design right, they won't fight over the same space. Ash is not exactly flooded with new items, so the more the merrier :)

Besides, there are 2 other ash-helmets there - allso Oi-themed and allso very different. 

Have you seen Mags and Excals helms? Not exactly worlds apart either. 

I do this for fun so if I do a  design that people like and that DE aprove of, that's a bonus. Thanks for bringing this up though.