Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Oni helmet. 2017-02-10 Feedback on Tintareas please :)

arch111

17 hours ago, arch111 said:

Thing is it looks so original it might be a new Warframe. It looks super fun to create though.

His look is more like the tennogen ash in the last batch (im terrible with names) the one with two horns going forward.

My aim was allways the Demon mask, Hitsusan did a blind demon, the deluxe is like a metal gear/splinter cell.

Will get back to it when I have some time again.

i love the idea period how about this hear me out! how about making a Oni gear set! syandana with an Oni warframe face, left and right shoulder with demon knee  greaves\ shin guards +  chest, latest?cb=20140311002550

60a587f73eb03fb953c44255e25a07b8.jpg

Edited by (PS4)BIGHEBREW

On 9/16/2016 at 0:12 PM, arch111 said:

Yes it is more human than the traditional warframe, though Ash is perhaps the one with helmets that align perfectly with a human head.

I knew this would be a common reaction to it. But maby Ash can be the strong exception to the rule?

It could be both, vaguely enough that it looks human, while it is not. I like what you did with the eyes for example, there aren't any.
Something like that works.

Vague.

9 hours ago, Noabettiet said:

It could be both, vaguely enough that it looks human, while it is not. I like what you did with the eyes for example, there aren't any.
Something like that works.

Vague.

It needs something more, not sure what yet. But yeah, with de it is tricky.

For example Excalibur kabuto have a clear demon/alien face with three diods placed exactly where human eyes would be. And yet they accepted it.

So who knows what makes or brakes?

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2016 at 10:29 AM, arch111 said:

It needs something more, not sure what yet. But yeah, with de it is tricky.

For example Excalibur kabuto have a clear demon/alien face with three diods placed exactly where human eyes would be. And yet they accepted it.

So who knows what makes or brakes?

yeah, i think it is also because it blends with the sci-fi theme of general warframes. But definitely give it a shot, bottom line they will love anything creative for sure.

It scares me....

It partially turned me on....

Do i want it...or does it want me..?

Arch i love it jesus can you imagine it with that sexy deluxe body......

I would pay top dollar for this..... unfortunately us console users don't get items often from Tennogen....😧

60 items verse like 8😣

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

It scares me....

It partially turned me on....

Do i want it...or does it want me..?

Arch i love it jesus can you imagine it with that sexy deluxe body......

I would pay top dollar for this..... unfortunately us console users don't get items often from Tennogen....😧

60 items verse like 8😣

I will try to get it to a place where it can at least be tested. Hitsusan is still not in the game so I might need to do some creative changes to mine too.

I am at least glad some think I should continue :)

Just now, arch111 said:

I will try to get it to a place where it can at least be tested. Hitsusan is still not in the game so I might need to do some creative changes to mine too.

I am at least glad some think I should continue :)

Never ever let anyone tell you otherwise....

As a heavy spender on Warframe fashion. I am telling ya i would buy it right away i love the DD / Skull look.

I would love to tint the skeleton mouth area much like a shiny metal and the rest a dark black.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Never ever let anyone tell you otherwise....

As a heavy spender on Warframe fashion. I am telling ya i would buy it right away i love the DD / Skull look.

I would love to tint the skeleton mouth area much like a shiny metal and the rest a dark black.

Just to make sure, is this the one you mean?

4bba8b827a87cf746e7c210140441ec9-dake9fk.jpg

I am still weighing my options on where to go from here.

The braid from the original concept art for example. I wonder if it would work as energy?

2 hours ago, Noabettiet said:

yeah, i think it is also because it blends with the sci-fi theme of general warframes. But definitely give it a shot, bottom line they will love anything creative for sure.

I will give it my best shot.

Just now, arch111 said:

Just to make sure, is this the one you mean?

4bba8b827a87cf746e7c210140441ec9-dake9fk.jpg

I am still weighing my options on where to go from here.

The braid from the original concept art for example. I wonder if it would work as energy?

My opinion may be odd because I'm a huge predator /cyborg fan. Not sure if this helps but the more skull like and metal the better.

It's why i like the design 

I5f_JYPS.png

If i had this helm i would give it a black chrome look then a sliver teeth look and red energy. 😄

2 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Careful my friend, my Ash helmet needs to be redone cause it looks too human for DE (their feedback). I'm sure this information will help you :) 

Thanks for sharing :)

I guessed as much. I think that I will make it even more demonlike and see it that can blend with the body.

• 4 weeks later...

The odds of this going through without heavy reworks got really low after the last Tennogen batch, with Hisusans design.

I have to do something. 

So I began again. This time the demon have the focus, the mask will never ever work.

This is really Early,  but this is what I have so far.

ashhelm_by_gaber111-dawvnyu.jpg

man i wish i could make things look right like that .....-wait i need to explain my meaning.....-

when i look at your/hitsues/others ECT  designs they look organic/right and or fit the warframe theme 

mine come off as ... robotic but not that organic/techno organic feel i hope for 

-hopes that explained it better-

back on topic

have you considered doing a multi small horned look ? 

39 minutes ago, arch111 said:

What can you do? 

Maby it's for the best and I can try new directions. Regardless of how much some want a true onimask, DE will never allow it.

I can give you some professional tips maybe? ^^

I don't want this to look like a give up kind of things but you know, sometimes if you can't make a design work pushing through it's not the best solution. I often leave something behind and go explore some other ideas first so i can come back to it with a fresh mind and perspective, sometimes while working on something else you can come up with the perfect solution to a problem you had before. It's one of those things you'll learn with experience as a concept artist where you have to come up with ideas really fast and you can't afford to spend so much time on a thing that you're not sure it it will ever work in the end.

I hope you'll eventually come up with a good idea for the oni mask though :) 

23 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

man i wish i could make things look right like that .....-wait i need to explain my meaning.....-

when i look at your/hitsues/others ECT  designs they look organic/right and or fit the warframe theme 

mine come off as ... robotic but not that organic/techno organic feel i hope for 

-hopes that explained it better-

back on topic

have you considered doing a multi small horned look ? 

I think I know why yours look more plastic or robotic. When I work I tend to do ALOT of layers so the surface have lots of varying height.

To be honest this allways means I have to flatten and smooth it out after, but in terms of organic and shadows it looks more real.

I allso tend to work in arcs when I sculpt more than even lines. It's more pleasant for me to see how it transform. 

Try it and see if you see a difference :)

Ash. Well. Multihorn? Not thought of it. I have thought of a Predator-like braid-setup gathered into a braid in the back.

I have allso thought of a basically plain mask with a few resesses and details only and then let the tintmask bring out the oni.

It's tricky because I like where the last one was headed but the eyes and all of that needed to change. The reason i redid it now was to maby get some new ideas.

Nekros Prime and now Inaros alt helmet are both clear skulls. So in theory I can do it too. But it must feel right and I have a tendency to push to far.

*sigh flips table*

55 minutes ago, arch111 said:

I think I know why yours look more plastic or robotic. When I work I tend to do ALOT of layers so the surface have lots of varying height.

To be honest this allways means I have to flatten and smooth it out after, but in terms of organic and shadows it looks more real.

I allso tend to work in arcs when I sculpt more than even lines. It's more pleasant for me to see how it transform. 

Try it and see if you see a difference :)

Ash. Well. Multihorn? Not thought of it. I have thought of a Predator-like braid-setup gathered into a braid in the back.

I have allso thought of a basically plain mask with a few resesses and details only and then let the tintmask bring out the oni.

It's tricky because I like where the last one was headed but the eyes and all of that needed to change. The reason i redid it now was to maby get some new ideas.

Nekros Prime and now Inaros alt helmet are both clear skulls. So in theory I can do it too. But it must feel right and I have a tendency to push to far.

*sigh flips table*

by multi i meant like a small ridge of little horns in parallel , the braid concept works great also xD  

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

by multi i meant like a small ridge of little horns in parallel , the braid concept works great also xD  

Ah, like dragons often have? Yes why not?

I just had an idea that if I was to make the oni mask but cut it up into parts that float infront of each other; creating the onimask if you look at it from the front.

But from an angle and side you see panels and parts.

Maby I can make a predator/oni look with energyflows somehow.

Haha now I gone and made myself a big job again ... I can at least try.