Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Oni helmet. 2017-02-10 Feedback on Tintareas please :)

arch111

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i could make it but it changes to much to be tennogen legal o. o 

if basic nikana has a model ill try my hand i guess ? 

Damn I forgot about that small detail :P

But didn't the Nyx-skin launch with a heavily modified Orthos a while ago? Have to check.

Yes. The modelswap of Orthos was in fact accepted.

119D638E87D73E110FB95F9DECCA0EEAEAA5FB72

Who knows?

Edited by arch111
found it! my presciouss. nasty hobitses!

8 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Damn I forgot about that small detail :P

But didn't the Nyx-skin launch with a heavily modified Orthos a while ago? Have to check.

Yes. The modelswap of Orthos was in fact accepted.

119D638E87D73E110FB95F9DECCA0EEAEAA5FB72

Who knows?

is there a nikana model i only saw some firearms 

i would mined making different blade variations for fun,

24 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

is there a nikana model i only saw some firearms 

i would mined making different blade variations for fun,

Very few have been released. I don't get how it works actually.

Maby we ask nicely if we can have a model to work on. Or we make a model as true to the original as we can, and IF They like it they will give insructions on proper dimensions and gripsizes and such.

5 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Very few have been released. I don't get how it works actually.

Maby we ask nicely if we can have a model to work on. Or we make a model as true to the original as we can, and IF They like it they will give insructions on proper dimensions and gripsizes and such.

i have some real katanas laying about, not like i cant use them as reference , ill give it a go  

ashclr_by_gaber111-dayjxi7.jpg

I would like oppinions on the tints, I think by choosing the 3 I think it is, the helm can have basically all colors and the onimask can stand out from the rest, that I feel is a major problem for Ash normally - its just two big colors with no patterns.

Do you like it? Is it any other way you think would work even better?

32 minutes ago, arch111 said:

I would like oppinions on the tints, I think by choosing the 3 I think it is, the helm can have basically all colors and the onimask can stand out from the rest, that I feel is a major problem for Ash normally - its just two big colors with no patterns.

Problem with that is, it probably stands out too much, so much that it doesnt feel like it belongs on that body. The red is such a tiny part on the rest of the frame, throwing it all over the face doesnt really feel right. However,  the helm model itself fits the rest really well in style, So I would just go with that:

My suggestion

-The top (which is currently yellow), as it kind of looks like the arm plating and also like its protecting the head, would be that brown.

-The face (red) grey like the torso

-Sides (Brown) would be yellow, like the rim of the leg

- if you want a fourth color (i dont see one in the pic), I'd make it red

Do you think that ponytail will move just like on the other ash helmets? Stiff as it is there looks very strange :D Apart from the stiffytail I love the model! Would keep the final version close to this one (If this isnt final)!

42 minutes ago, EpicBred said:

Problem with that is, it probably stands out too much, so much that it doesnt feel like it belongs on that body. The red is such a tiny part on the rest of the frame, throwing it all over the face doesnt really feel right. However,  the helm model itself fits the rest really well in style, So I would just go with that:

My suggestion

-The top (which is currently yellow), as it kind of looks like the arm plating and also like its protecting the head, would be that brown.

-The face (red) grey like the torso

-Sides (Brown) would be yellow, like the rim of the leg

- if you want a fourth color (i dont see one in the pic), I'd make it red

Do you think that ponytail will move just like on the other ash helmets? Stiff as it is there looks very strange :D Apart from the stiffytail I love the model! Would keep the final version close to this one (If this isnt final)!

Hey thanks for commenting :)

The normal tintmask would have top yellow, bottom/back brown like this.

291?cb=20141124022921

So there is allmost no variations going on in the helmet.

I could of course have the face like the main grey, top yellow and chin brown.

But then so much is the same.

The point is to bot loose the Onimask. I will get a better feel once I actually paint these for real.

Hey thanks for commenting :)

;)

The normal tintmask would have top yellow, bottom/back brown like this.

When I thought about your helmets top being brown, it was because of the texture, this armor-like look with the furrows. Because if you look at the arms plating texture and then to the top of the oni's head, it looks very similar (to me). Same for the grey face. But if you dont like it, dont do it, the only thing I care about is that it becomes available to me one day :)

BTW I just had an amazing idea to add to my coloring suggestion above. When I think about oni masks, I think of primeval warriors putting those on to look scary. Maybe you could make some lines or details with the red accent color on the face, so it looks like warpaint! Would also make it stand out from the standard one and the body!

1 hour ago, EpicBred said:

;)

When I thought about your helmets top being brown, it was because of the texture, this armor-like look with the furrows. Because if you look at the arms plating texture and then to the top of the oni's head, it looks very similar (to me). Same for the grey face. But if you dont like it, dont do it, the only thing I care about is that it becomes available to me one day :)

BTW I just had an amazing idea to add to my coloring suggestion above. When I think about oni masks, I think of primeval warriors putting those on to look scary. Maybe you could make some lines or details with the red accent color on the face, so it looks like warpaint! Would also make it stand out from the standard one and the body!

This is not a bad Idea. I have to think that one over for a bit.

38 minutes ago, arch111 said:

I am thinking of drawing patterns on the helmet and body, like tatoos. This way I can combine tints and add emissives.

I think you'd be better off focusing on basic details, such as normal mapping and textures. Maybe sharpen up the shapes (has a tad bit of that "lumpy clay" look right now) and add some texture detail (looks a bit flat and too smooth). Adding patterns may do too much to obfuscate the finer details, may make things too visually confusing and cluttered when it's not necessary.

1 hour ago, Kyotra said:

I think you'd be better off focusing on basic details, such as normal mapping and textures. Maybe sharpen up the shapes (has a tad bit of that "lumpy clay" look right now) and add some texture detail (looks a bit flat and too smooth). Adding patterns may do too much to obfuscate the finer details, may make things too visually confusing and cluttered when it's not necessary.

You're right about the details. I am not at the HQ detailstage, I have a few overall descisions to make first. 

Buy yeah, thats probably wizer to hold up with the actual texturr until later.

Any of the tintmaps you prefer over the others?

23 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

if you put emmisives on the dragon scales/design? it could be very interesting 

Yeah, here is why. Like Banshee, Ash have allmost no emissives. There are some glimmers in the arms I think but they are barely visible.

By adding energy into the colors it should give some very cool effecs, allmost like the blood beneath is shining through.

Of course tennobet, eyes, claws and such are possible ways to do this. 

Just like a color-gradient + emissives to create a fire-effect. Might be hard to do, but I think Ivara or Nidus have gradients allready.

41 minutes ago, raydog said:

The thing at the back is very distracting. It just looks like a curved you know what.

It will look more like a segmented dragon tail,  Alienstail or similar to what Ash allready have.

Thing is I still havent decided if I want it rigid or moving.

But yeah, I have done next to nothing with the design. Yet.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

so im currently deving a nodachi yokai blade based on the mutalist nikana design so far tsubas coming along nicely , did you want a dragon design head on the sword or its saya [sheath] ?

C49n4yfUMAE5n6s.jpg  

That's a tough call. Probably the saya, for most effect.

I gotta wonder about the direction of warframe, both tennogen and inhouse skins seem to take a demonic and fantasy-route.

Just look at Mirage morgaine, and Valkyr cheeta before that among others and now Chroma.