The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No security consoles in corridors, so there's no way to override lockdown and mission fails.

Nonahedron

I did a mission last week where this hapened, but [long story short] I didn't get any video or screen prints due to timing and technical difficulties, the mission timed out before I got back to it and I quit out of game before remembering to save an ee.log.  :/

The basic problem is when a lockdown happens and I've just made a tactical retreat to let my shields recharge... to the other side of the door... into a section of corridor where there are no security consoles.  There's nothing to hack so the mission times itself out as incomplete after a while. 

Surely there should be a cool down on security lockdowns to the point where [in this case] Grineer consider things to have returned to normal.  Something like 2-3 minutes... or the level designers might want to ensure that there is always an available security console, whatever area one ends up in during a lockdown.  I outlined the section of corridor where it happened in red.  It's the same area where it happened before [that corridor section, even if the overall map may have been slightly different in the mission where this happened last week]. 

Cse-f7IWcAEGCOa.jpg

I don't know if it's a known problem or not.  Please let me know if I should submit a ticket on this with the ee.log file, or is the screen print with the map section that's causing the problem highlighted in red enough for someone to identify it and put in a security console somewhere in that section of corridor? 

There used to be a console at more or less the central crossover point, but it's not there anymore.  I think it got changed sometime in the last month or 2.  If there were a console in those corridors when I took that screen print during lockdown there would have been a yellow icon marking it. 

DSpite, so far as the power of the Tenno to overcome doors goes... in fairness I did take out a few of them after the doors had shut by using Discharge, so there is that ;) .  The thing is that even if I'd managed to use it with all the remaining Grineer being in range and having low enough hp that they all died from it I'm fairly certain the mission would still have timed out to a failure because I wouldn't have been able to get to extraction.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . 

[edit: I realised I never mentioned which mission this was happening on.  I think both times this happened were on Saturn/Telesto/Exterminate Grineer.  The latest time this happened was definitely there.]

Edited by Nonahedron

14 hours ago, Nonahedron said:

There used to be a console at more or less the central crossover point, but it's not there anymore.  I think it got changed sometime in the last month or 2.  If there were a console in those corridors when I took that screen print during lockdown there would have been a yellow icon marking it. 

DSpite, so far as the power of the Tenno to overcome doors goes... in fairness I did take out a few of them after the doors had shut by using Discharge, so there is that ;) .  The thing is that even if I'd managed to use it with all the remaining Grineer being in range and having low enough hp that they all died from it I'm fairly certain the mission would still have timed out to a failure because I wouldn't have been able to get to extraction.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . 

[edit: I realised I never mentioned which mission this was happening on.  I think both times this happened were on Saturn/Telesto/Exterminate Grineer.  The latest time this happened was definitely there.]

I think the "being trapped" is a side effect of just randomized tile sets and corridors. Technically speaking, there should NOT be a Console in every tile, and sticking one everywhere feels as kludgy as all hell.

I understand the frustration of when this happens, but there needs to be a better "fix" then "more consoles", at least something that fits the theme of the area.

Out of curiosity. Anyone ever tried to do a "/unstuck" in a tile with no consoles to see where you end up? The test should be meaningful even when when not locked somewhere, just to see where you end up (if you do end up elsewhere). Could be a "temp fix" to just make you spawn in front of a console while DE thinks of something appropriate.

I tried /unstuck [I had several minutes to try every way I could think of of getting out of it] and it did nothing as I expected it wouldn't, not actually being a graphical glitch or a falling loop. 

I've been running that mission a lot as plastids are a high priority for me right now and it looks like a console has been put back in at the crossover point.  So thanks to whoever fixed it.  I really appreciate it.  :)