Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fusion Simplified Part 2: Ayatan Sculptures & Stars

[DE]Drew

The following Dev Workshop will go into detail about the upcoming Ayatan Treasures. Read below to learn how they’ll be acquired, and what you can do with them! As always, all information here is subject to rapid change. Stay updated by checking this thread!

In part one of Fusion Simplified, we described Part 2 of this system as “lore-amplifying and collection building version of Fusion”, but that’s really just the beginning. Ayatan Treasures will let you become a procurer, collector, and trader of ornate Orokin artifacts. Hunt them like Indiana Jones via special missions given to you by Maroo, or find them during your regular excursions. 

The individual Sculptures and Stars have several variations of rarity and value. Sculptures, which are more valuable, can be completed by
socketing in the appropriate types of Stars.

(Please note: values, names, and art are not final)

Maroo will pay handsomely in Endo for your Ayatan treasures, but she’ll offer more for completed Sculptures. You’ll have to decide whether you want a quick payout or wait for the big prize and complete your Sculpture. If Endo isn’t what you desire most, you can keep your collection on display in your Landing Craft or trade your treasures with other Tenno. The gif below gives an idea of what selling to Maroo will be like: 

(please note: values, names, and art are not final)

Finding Ayatan treasures in regular missions will be rare, but if you’re feeling adventurous, you can speak with Maroo for a special treasure hunt mission that will test your coordination, speed, and mobility. If you enjoy the more leisurely approach to art collecting, you can always have other Tenno do the work for you and acquire your treasure through the trade system. Whatever your method of procurement, once you have a piece of Ayatan treasure, what you do with it will be up to you.  

WHAT ! Amazing !

do you guys have an estimated release date ?

Kuestenjung is right i didn't express me the right way.

Is the sculptures system is before , with or after TWW ?

Should be before TWW acording to The second Stream podcast ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

So how will these work for the replacement market system? Are we going to be able to purchase something similar with platinum in order to get Endo? 

I was super hyped about being able to purchase cores when it was brought up as I have a surplus of platinum and not a lot of free time. Now that option is no longer available, and the trade market is unstable at best for prices.

I'm a little disappointed that you just sell the treasures for Endo. They way they were discussed earlier, I thought that the treasures were somehow made of Endo, or had Endo incorporated into them in such a way that you could get it out of a treasure at the cost of destroying that treasure.

Overall it sounds pretty cool though!

So these Ayatan sculptures are basically just ship decorations that can be sold to Maroo for Endo, and prettied up with Stars before selling them in order to increase their value for selling for Endo.

Is that a fair summation of what I'm looking at here?

Because, while it's nice to be able to get ship decos (especially Orokin-themed ones, as I love the Orokin aesthetic even if I hate the Orokin themselves), there's... not a lot that these really do beyond selling them, now is there?

Unless they give out literally thousands of Endo for a basic sculpture, I really don't see these replacing 30-minute Survival missions and mod dissolution as being Endo sources.  I imagine more people will want them for their aesthetic than for their Endo value.

Edited by Arkvold

Just now, Arkvold said:

So these Ayatan sculptures are basically just ship decorations that can be sold to Maroo for Endo, and prettied up with Stars before selling them in order to increase their value for selling for Endo.

Is that a fair summation of what I'm looking at here?

Because, while it's nice to be able to get ship decos (especially Orokin-themed ones, as I love the Orokin aesthetic even if I hate the Orokin themselves), there's... not a lot that these really do beyond selling them, now is there?

Selling them is probably the main point - because it allows you to trade for treasures which you trade for endo.  Basically to make high value endo trades - vs trying to trade 500 fusion cores, for example.

As I see, this change can be 10/10. Maroo is now part of the game, and not only a secondary (and almost useless relay). The parkour challenges on the Void now have a use and my ship can be more than a empty room.

I only want shelves and tables now, cause the ground is not a nice place to put decorations. 

1 minute ago, Phatose said:

Selling them is probably the main point - because it allows you to trade for treasures which you trade for endo.  Basically to make high value endo trades - vs trying to trade 500 fusion cores, for example.

Given that Fusion Cores are gone and that Endo itself is a stackable resource... why not just make Endo itself tradeable, and allow us to put any amount in a trade window slot, just like we do with plat?

Are they afraid of Endo somehow replacing plat as the de facto trading currency?  I mean, that's kind of a reasonable fear and all, but I don't think this is a solution to it, as I really don't think people will trade these sculptures for the Endo they're worth.

I see them as being traded more for their aesthetic value than anything.  Again, unless they're worth truly gobsmacking amounts of Endo, or (heaven forbid) Endo gains get nerfed, I don't see their endo value as being worth much in the grand scheme of things.  Hek, back when Fusion Cores were a thing, a Gold R5 core was only 1 plat.  That's, what, 80 endo now?  These things are going to have to be common, or worth hundreds to thousands of Endo for them to be valuable for Endo trading.

I don't feel it is the correct way of filling the emptinesses of the game.

The only thing interesting me is the Maroo's Mission.

Endo gain isn't a problem and also this doesn't seem to be the way of promoting exploration.
You already tested this feature with Kurias, Cephalon fragments, etc.

I guess it is a feature that's going to get forgotten like Archwing, Spy2.0, and other missions which needs refinement.

Edited by Burnthesteak87