Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fusion Simplified Part 2: Ayatan Sculptures & Stars

[DE]Drew

sounds really f...in Nito....

but for some people, unless the number of decorations gets multiplied again, they won't be able to place any! :D

On 9/16/2016 at 5:06 PM, SonicSonedit said:

I hope that Treasure Ship Alerts will also come back and have a good chance for rare sculptures.

i like Treasury Ships having high rates for these trinkets - but Treasury Ships have never disappeared. they're just far and few between.

Edited by taiiat

1 hour ago, PookieNumnums said:

As exciting as this is .. 

i feel like : Really? another pointless system to drop in tidbits of lore, neglecting the other systems implemented for that reason (see oddities, see codes, see sanctuary, see cephalon fragements, etc) and neglecting systems that one would consider a priority in a game that relies on people playing together (clans, alliances, dark sector, replayable events)

im looking forward to this as something else to do that is also giving depth to parts of the game : maroo but theres only so much collectoring i can do before i get tired of waiting for dojo/clan/alliance/archwing improvements... like serious improvements

The devs said it themselves, they get sidetracked. They're far from perfect. Look on the bright side though, it's not the worst thing in the world. It's not gargantuan, unlike the elephant in the room.

Plus, who knows, it doesn't look like much right now, but it could very well be a fantastic addition to the game. It does give incentive for players to explore some under used assets after all.

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

i like Treasury Ships having high rates for these trinkets - but Treasury Ships have never disappeared. they're just far and few between.

Can't remember when I've last seen one post-SotR, so at least from my point of view, they've definitely disappeared completely.

5 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

i feel like : Really? another pointless system to drop in tidbits of lore, neglecting the other systems implemented for that reason (see oddities, see codes, see sanctuary, see cephalon fragements, etc)

Man, that would be so cool if one by one, all enemies got a short bit of lore about them in the Codex. You could even bring back Simaris' community goals to fill some of them.

10 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

Can't remember when I've last seen one post-SotR, so at least from my point of view, they've definitely disappeared completely.

under the same logic Events which we've had more than once, all of which we haven't had since Specters of the Rail, they must have disappeared completely then.

no offense.

The questions/possible suggestions on my mind are

1. can we still keep the sculpture and put some endo back to it after maroo chan's so called credit eater squeezing process to store in our ship as an emergency endo supply?

2. Or can we add an endo multiplier star to it and let it multiply the endo stored inside it as the time passes to gain more endo. (Like Wine lol) Because otherwise I'm not giving those shiny golds to lesbiamaroo.

I know this feature is still not live and this is not a thread to be suggesting anything but still I can speculate ideas right?

Edited by Shidonia

1 minute ago, (PS4)Xurokhan said:

We have to pay credits to "sell" them in order to get the Endo? That's the one thing I'm seeing that needs to change because really what this means is that we are paying Maroo to perform a service.

She gives you the coordinates to get more endo. After you get an ayatan she fusions it and takes the ancient orokin fuel called endo that's why we have to pay for her service which makes some sense but at the same time nonsense. Dev could literally add fusion thing a segment which helps to refine ayatan sculptures. Or if what they want is to let Maroos bazaar gets more visitors they could add a machine to a corner for it. Otherwise I'm keeping the sculptures just to put them in my orbiter...

18 hours ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

The devs said it themselves, they get sidetracked. They're far from perfect. Look on the bright side though, it's not the worst thing in the world. It's not gargantuan, unlike the elephant in the room.

Plus, who knows, it doesn't look like much right now, but it could very well be a fantastic addition to the game. It does give incentive for players to explore some under used assets after all.

you dont need to defend the devs from me

i have 4k+ hrs in game and spent about a grand. im not going anywhere, i have a clan and an alliance to keep from committing sudoku out of boredom

nonetheless, trivial adds will eventually no longer do it for us.

3 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

@taiiat: Nope. Treasury Ships used to be about one per week. Events are months apart. But we could definitely use one (or at least a TA) to shorten the time until TWW a bit.

DE Reb did let slip a TA preview screen on Devstream 80 tho, so that might be coming to alleviate the pain of waiting :)

If anyone is keeping up with this thread, ive had somewhat of a realization.

I think back to the 4000 hrs i have in game and how much exploration for absolutely no reason other than to do it that i have done and still do, having had this would have made it a little bit cooler. Combined with the resource deposits it makes for a pretty lucrative farming / exploration combo experience..

And, while for some of 'us' it may be a big 'whooptie dooo *fartnoise*,  for everyone who isnt a long term player that has nearly everything this is actually pretty massive. They arent so forced into ds farming, with spec groups, and can get a little something out of the exploration that seems to come naturally as you get more into the game. 

I still think it would be nifty if we at some point have chances at 5 10 15 thousand endo from trading one in, however i feel a lot less selfish about it realizing what an improvement it is for players 'in general' and especially newer peeps. 

so, break out those diego and dora lunchboxes and lets get to it

Edited by PookieNumnums

Hi,

I just want to give a few thoughts and calculation on the Endo values the sculptures carry and the place they now have in my personal scope, what I expected and what they could be.

Fusion power/Endo never were a resource you could trade directly. The most powerful item to do this is a legendary core, with the downside of a huge trading tax, that halved the maximum credit value you could get out of it by ranking up a primed mod. It values currently around 500 platinum on the market. (~82 Endo + 2k Cr per Platinum)

The most reliable way to trade fusion power is to sell/buy the maxed mods. Rare R10 mods sell for around 300 platinum, uncommon R10 for 200, Commons around 100. (~100 Endo + 3-5k Cr per Platinum).

With the Endo the statues currently carry (1.500-2.700 Endo) you'd have to trade about 15 statues to get a rare from R0 to R10 with an additional tax of 0.5x the credits cost. So an avg. upgraded statue value (only regarding the Endo), would be around 10-15 Platinum).

Considering the luck, time and dedication to get statues and the fact they amp up the need of credits and aren't worth platinum, the statues in the current state won't be worth more for me, than something I can put on my ship and tell my clan mates "hey i finally have all 5 of them". There are so much more reliable ways to get Endo in a shorter time, easier to trade and without shifting my resource needs towards credits.

They were announced as another way to acquire and trade fusion power in the "Indiana Jones" style and they could be exactly that, if the values would reflect this. I expected a similar reward feeling like the syndicate medallions have. With the medallions you can easily double your daily cap. Standing has a kind of evergreen value with the relic packs and weapons, mods, archwing parts that are easily tradable.

To get the ayatan sculptures in a similar spot, the Endo value they carry have to get adjusted. I would suggest a multiplier of at least 3 or expand the range between different statues (from 1.5k to 10k eg.). The stars are fine i guess, considering their decent drop rate. But I could even see a crafting system where you only collect star fragments and you have to combine them (3-10 fragments) to get a finished star. This would also give a little bit more value to the stars themselves and you're looking forward to get you're weekly statue, when you collect the fragments over the week.

Make ayatan great, not irrelevant!

regards

I love what y'all are doing with the treasures, resources, and little areas

You added places like the Silver Grove, and have a bunch of little collectibles like cephalon fragments and Kurias

And now you've directly given us a reason to explore even more, while fleshing out the maps and making them less empty.

Good on y'all, I like all the detail you're adding while working on The Wait Within and its super sexy lighting (and its massive freaking script)

putting aside other issues, am i the only one disappointed because they were hoping for something like some of the floaty inverting  patterns found in some void rooms or the moon and instead only have the equivalent of those four balls on strings desk bits?

you know which tile elements i mean. the ones reminiscent of these real life sculptures

Glaring issue: The missions maroo sends you on appear to have some sort of arbitrary time limit that is never described and will just fail you randomly out of the blue. not very helpful when its the first time you're going into the new tilesets trying to figure out the unreasonably convoluted puzzle of "Am I meant to be standing on the tree roots this time?"

Its very hard to win a mission the way you expect us to when midway through a puzzle it just turns around and says "nope, you failed" with no real reason as to why