Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fusion Simplified Part 2: Ayatan Sculptures & Stars

[DE]Drew

On 9/25/2016 at 10:18 PM, Mbgunsling said:

Glaring issue: The missions maroo sends you on appear to have some sort of arbitrary time limit that is never described and will just fail you randomly out of the blue. not very helpful when its the first time you're going into the new tilesets trying to figure out the unreasonably convoluted puzzle of "Am I meant to be standing on the tree roots this time?"

Its very hard to win a mission the way you expect us to when midway through a puzzle it just turns around and says "nope, you failed" with no real reason as to why

The reason it fails you is because what happens is there is a wall or door that has closed that locks and keeps you from getting the statue. If you make it through the area fast enough, it won't end, because you'll be able to pick up the statue, but if you don't get there, and the door locks, you've failed the mission.

When the door closes, the mission will fail you if you're not past it.

I already knew what to expect, but I can see where people new to these vaults are coming from. In the void, you could explore and look around even after the door closed, Maroo's missions just fail you with no explanation. If she said something like "you've triggered something, better move fast" at the start, and if you fail say "I thought Tenno could move faster than that", that would be sufficient/adequate to indicate that it's a time trial rather than some complicated puzzle.

On 9/20/2016 at 10:40 PM, PookieNumnums said:

As exciting as this is .. 

i feel like : Really? another pointless system to drop in tidbits of lore, neglecting the other systems implemented for that reason (see oddities, see codes, see sanctuary, see cephalon fragements, etc) and neglecting systems that one would consider a priority in a game that relies on people playing together (clans, alliances, dark sector, replayable events)

im looking forward to this as something else to do that is also giving depth to parts of the game : maroo but theres only so much collectoring i can do before i get tired of waiting for dojo/clan/alliance/archwing improvements... like serious improvements

I feel like they're trying to add small details to flesh out the game before TWW drops

Personally, I'm glad to see these little details added.  It makes the universe seem more cohesive and whole.

I think it would make it easier to enter in mission with group so, that after you accept mission from Maroo, node will appear to star system, and you could get easily in group that way, since now system can add you automatically to group with random players who are currently playing same mission. Or if its on existing node, player would see options " regular mission" or "ayatan treasure hunt"

Same could be added to Glem missions etc.

I hope people get what i try to say, since this isnt my home languake. 

Btw. Its easier to notice now, when ayatan crystal drops from container, since it makes sound. Thats good :) Maybe shluptures could make sound too, if you are enough near it? That would make it easier to find one if it appears on random tileset.

Edited by Ryuurik
Just fixing my text :)

I think it would be very cool if we could change colors of the scluptures, if we choose to keep it as decoration.

Also as some have already stated. Somekind of craftable stands could be nice, so we could place them higher, and to different places.

Sry if this isn't the right place to post this.

Would it be possible to implement a function where we can dissolve our extra warframe and weapon parts for endo? This will be similar to how our extra mods are dissolve into endos. 

On 10/4/2016 at 10:37 AM, Ryuurik said:

I think it would be very cool if we could change colors of the scluptures, if we choose to keep it as decoration.

Also as some have already stated. Somekind of craftable stands could be nice, so we could place them higher, and to different places.

All of my yes to this o.o

I like to complete the scanning of the factions and etc. I can see that the sculptures have a scan spot under objects but I cant scan them. I found one on a mission and try to scan it but could not. I can not scan them on the ship. SO my question is can they be scanned and if so how?

Maybe i'm missing something, buuuut...We can't have doubles? Because i've farmed 2 sculptures already, then i fully charged them, placed into my liset....and next missions(3) i did (successfully) rewarded me nothing at all. I can't have the statues i placed already or what?

On 10/15/2016 at 8:28 AM, WhyNotBro said:

Maybe i'm missing something, buuuut...We can't have doubles? Because i've farmed 2 sculptures already, then i fully charged them, placed into my liset....and next missions(3) i did (successfully) rewarded me nothing at all. I can't have the statues i placed already or what?

Erm, you can have as many statues as you collect, but they aren't mission rewards. They are found as an item in the mission, just like stars and syndicate tokens. If you're picking them up and they're not getting added to your inventory after completing the mission successfully, then that's not what's supposed to happen.

2 hours ago, VirtualViolet said:

Erm, you can have as many statues as you collect, but they aren't mission rewards. They are found as an item in the mission, just like stars and syndicate tokens. If you're picking them up and they're not getting added to your inventory after completing the mission successfully, then that's not what's supposed to happen.

Yeah. That what has happened :D 2 or 3 times -_-

After the ~19% increase in credit costs in comparison to R5 cores, another 50% increase isn't really what we needed. 48.3 is the cost per Endo used in fusion regardless of rarity while  24.15 is the cost for turning in anything to Maroo (with the exception of Cyan Stars, they 'only' cost 24.1). 2,964,654 would be the price of a Primed mod exclusively fused with Endo gained from Maroo. If the credit cost didn't scale linearly, the whole system would have some uses but the current state makes them pretty much decoration only. So yeah, don't let yourself be fooled.

That said, I like their implementation in-game as it adds another factor to the actual playing experience (as in paying more attention being rewarding). I also like the designs (Piv and Vaya in particular) and the possibility to use them as decoration.

Got to be honest, I kind of don't see the point in this in it's current iteration.... I need more endo but this is not the way to do it due to the amount of credits it needs. 

I find plenty of ayatan stars but can't find the statues to put them in

I head to see maroo weekly, struggle to see her due to all the people around her (there was the same issue with titania release) and the run off and do the quest. 

I can't find them statues anywhere else, I've only ever seen 1 single statue outside of the quests and this was on the day of release. 

Only reason I'm doing these quests now is because I want the full set because I then plonk said statue with ayatan stars installed on the ship as decoration due to it costing too much to convert for the miniscule return in endo compared with outlay. 

Once the quest is done I go back to the normal struggle of trying to find endo in events due to the useless amounts being dropped compared with how much we need to level mods etc...

To me this is just another item to increase the grind (sure the dev's said they wanted to reduce this....) in the game because it's there to compensate for the low endo drop rates but to get the endo we need to use far too much of our credits to make it worthwhile. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2016 at 3:52 PM, LSG501 said:

I can't find them statues anywhere else, I've only ever seen 1 single statue outside of the quests and this was on the day of release. 

Use Loot Detector, Thief's Wit, and/or Animal Instinct mods. The sculptures show up in place of normal containers with the same map marker, so you'll have to check them all to be sure you didn't miss anything. I usually break every container in the map just to clear it off so I know there's nothing there. I've found several while hunting for syndicate tokens in syndicate missions (though they are pretty rare).

36 minutes ago, VirtualViolet said:

Use Loot Detector, Thief's Wit, and/or Animal Instinct mods. The sculptures show up in place of normal containers with the same map marker, so you'll have to check them all to be sure you didn't miss anything. I usually break every container in the map just to clear it off so I know there's nothing there. I've found several while hunting for syndicate tokens in syndicate missions (though they are pretty rare).

I know HOW to find them.... there just aren't any showing up in my events.