Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fusion Simplified Part 2: Ayatan Sculptures & Stars

[DE]Drew

21 hours ago, Arkvold said:

So these Ayatan sculptures are basically just ship decorations that can be sold to Maroo for Endo, and prettied up with Stars before selling them in order to increase their value for selling for Endo.

Is that a fair summation of what I'm looking at here?

Because, while it's nice to be able to get ship decos (especially Orokin-themed ones, as I love the Orokin aesthetic even if I hate the Orokin themselves), there's... not a lot that these really do beyond selling them, now is there?

Unless they give out literally thousands of Endo for a basic sculpture, I really don't see these replacing 30-minute Survival missions and mod dissolution as being Endo sources.  I imagine more people will want them for their aesthetic than for their Endo value.

Well, look at it this way... if you're after ship decor, it's free... if you're after Endo... you don't have to cash them in, you can always hit up other places for it.

21 hours ago, Rulbiem said:

As I see, this change can be 10/10. Maroo is now part of the game, and not only a secondary (and almost useless relay). The parkour challenges on the Void now have a use and my ship can be more than a empty room.

I only want shelves and tables now, cause the ground is not a nice place to put decorations. 

Shelves, tables, display cabinets... and more space to put them all.

21 hours ago, Arkvold said:

Given that Fusion Cores are gone and that Endo itself is a stackable resource... why not just make Endo itself tradeable, and allow us to put any amount in a trade window slot, just like we do with plat?

Are they afraid of Endo somehow replacing plat as the de facto trading currency?  I mean, that's kind of a reasonable fear and all, but I don't think this is a solution to it, as I really don't think people will trade these sculptures for the Endo they're worth.

I see them as being traded more for their aesthetic value than anything.  Again, unless they're worth truly gobsmacking amounts of Endo, or (heaven forbid) Endo gains get nerfed, I don't see their endo value as being worth much in the grand scheme of things.  Hek, back when Fusion Cores were a thing, a Gold R5 core was only 1 plat.  That's, what, 80 endo now?  These things are going to have to be common, or worth hundreds to thousands of Endo for them to be valuable for Endo trading.

"Hundreds"? To be trade-viable, these treasures would have to be thousands of Endo each, minimum, when fully assembled. Tens of thousands for the rarer ones.

On 16.9.2016 at 8:42 PM, trunks013 said:

WHAT ! Amazing !

do you guys have an estimated release date ?

Please don´t ask them that. Just look at how many ETAs we already had for TWW.

But I agree this looks promising and I hope it won´t be as boring as Kurias or the cephalon fragments.

I like the aesthetic of the treasures.

I like the idea that I can do something of an adventure quest, replayably (let's call it a word for now). This is finally something I'd keep in my ship. (Most noggles didn't hit the spot for me.)

If I could sell it them, that too would be cool.

But, as many have stated, we have a deep concern over time spent not being equal to the reward granted.

DE, please, ensure the prices actually reward us as players.

I believe if the reward isn't worth the effort, these great assets in turn wind up time not well spent for you, for the game. (Equally, I hope the mission will be challenging enough for our Indiana Jones kick.)

Yes, I know the prices are not final and are placeholders.

Yes, I still believe this plea is necessary.

Edited by Rhekemi

I like the idea, especially the decoration part of it, that will certainly be a goal.

Will these statues have some sort of audio clue like caches? or do we need to actually see them? Do they always spoawn in a mission or will they sometimes not spawn at all? do tilsets with small areas spawn the statues? (defense/interception maps)

2 hours ago, xXRiomaXx said:

Is it almost ready to be put into the game? On the Dev stream Maroo seemed to function and the sculptures seem ready. Can we be expected to see this say next week or two? or is it intended to be released with TWW update? 

If you'd been listening, all text anf values were fillers. With the current schedule, I'd reckon TWW, as it's been stripped down massively already.

On 17 September 2016 at 3:48 PM, WhyNotBro said:

Umm...Does the hunt will reward us with something more than just amount of Endo? Like unique items / mods / Icons maybe? Sculptures in Liset always welcomed, no doubts :D However, in case if i have enough Endo / credits / statues already, what would be the point to me?

One cannot have enough statues!

On 9/17/2016 at 11:29 AM, SanguineSavant said:

This would be my query as I am foremost a collector but if it turns into a case of vanity preventing me from gains then I would be a touch saddened.

In several of the gifs (and on the dev stream) both drew and rebecca have had multiple duplicates of the statues, so that's a definitive yes, but yeah them being one per player at the same time would've been sad.

On 9/17/2016 at 6:23 PM, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Well, look at it this way... if you're after ship decor, it's free... if you're after Endo... you don't have to cash them in, you can always hit up other places for it.

Shelves, tables, display cabinets... and more space to put them all.

"Hundreds"? To be trade-viable, these treasures would have to be thousands of Endo each, minimum, when fully assembled. Tens of thousands for the rarer ones.

Even at a hundred endo each they would still be more viable then the fusion cores were (a r5 rare fusion core got converted into 80 endo, so the previous per trade max was literally 400 endo), and from what we've seen they're going to be sitting at substantially higher then that, perhaps even at sortie reward level which would take them well into trade viable.

On 9/18/2016 at 3:08 AM, -Amaterasu- said:

I know the values are placeholder and all but I really hope these can actually be used as valid endo farming over going to some defense mission with a nekros.

I agree so incredibly much (though don't know why nekros defense, there are other, though most equally boring, ways to get more endo then that).

14 hours ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

If you'd been listening, all text anf values were fillers. With the current schedule, I'd reckon TWW, as it's been stripped down massively already.

True, but the placeholder values tend to be the last (or nearly last) things to be changed, and whilst not a rule, DE tends to showcase their patches in the depth they've done (the general combo of dev workshop and/or dev stream) right before or shortly before they're implemented. But again, i don't know the programming style they adhere to so don't really know how far they are (placeholders and a general framework could be the first thing they implement, they could have some programming management style i haven't heard of, i don't really do work in canada).

9 hours ago, xxswatelitexx said:

Unless a completed artifact is around 5000 - 10000 endo. 

I don't see much point beyond decorations, since the time spent finding it - could probably farm an equal amount if not more.

Based on what we've heard so far (dropping from lockers etc), them being worth 5000-10000, would let you net (even with lets say them only dropping from max level void, with a drop chance half of that of argon crystal) still around about a statue per 30 minutes or so (lets say you're only farming endo and you're stuck on void, so jump into mot, or mithra for some extra relics at the same time). That would let you farm between 10000-20000 endo an hour...

My personal opinion overall on their value is that even 100 endo would let them enter the trading market, though i doubt they'll be that low, my personal guess based on how often raw endo drops and that these would have to be more rare to not just become literally fusion cores again, would be at about 500-1500 endo, which not only sounds fine, i think would work like a charm as well for both trading and people feeling like they can use them as decorations without wasting endo.

8 hours ago, mix0ta said:

Based on what we've heard so far (dropping from lockers etc), them being worth 5000-10000, would let you net (even with lets say them only dropping from max level void, with a drop chance half of that of argon crystal) still around about a statue per 30 minutes or so (lets say you're only farming endo and you're stuck on void, so jump into mot, or mithra for some extra relics at the same time). That would let you farm between 10000-20000 endo an hour...

My personal opinion overall on their value is that even 100 endo would let them enter the trading market, though i doubt they'll be that low, my personal guess based on how often raw endo drops and that these would have to be more rare to not just become literally fusion cores again, would be at about 500-1500 endo, which not only sounds fine, i think would work like a charm as well for both trading and people feeling like they can use them as decorations without wasting endo.

They have an extremely rare drop chance of dropping. With the only confirmed chance is once a week if you beat her mission. Even then all you get is an incomplete artifact. You have to find "stars" to equip into an artifact to make it complete. 

So I doubt it will be remotely the drop rate of  Neurodes or Neural sensors.

It will likely be less common than a Tempo Royale dropping from a Bursa..  

This patch/upgrade will be super, ultra, mega one !!! I'd love these items! ( :  . Omg new decorations ^.^

You've added new warframes like titania, nekros prime, the next ones been a melee syndicates then now these super prime items which i can decorate my ship. I really like to see how fast this game grows up <3 .

Edited by AdrianoStyle

On 9/18/2016 at 10:48 AM, pokeyoface said:

On the subject of decorations...... potted plants when? seriously, I like all of the silver grove plants and would really like to get potted(or some other form of container for the moss and frostleaf I guess) variants to place on my ship.

I was actually a little surprised something like this wasn't a side reward from finishing the Grove quest; you get a decoration for completing the Inaros quest.

On 9/16/2016 at 11:56 AM, motorfirebox said:

I'm a little disappointed that you just sell the treasures for Endo. They way they were discussed earlier, I thought that the treasures were somehow made of Endo, or had Endo incorporated into them in such a way that you could get it out of a treasure at the cost of destroying that treasure.

Overall it sounds pretty cool though!

In the Dev Stream they previewed the new sculptures and when talking to Maroo she said something along the lines of squeezing all the endo she could out of it. I think they did make it so the treasures are made of endo and by "selling" them you are having Maroo extract the endo from them but in return the treasure is destroyed.

As exciting as this is .. 

i feel like : Really? another pointless system to drop in tidbits of lore, neglecting the other systems implemented for that reason (see oddities, see codes, see sanctuary, see cephalon fragements, etc) and neglecting systems that one would consider a priority in a game that relies on people playing together (clans, alliances, dark sector, replayable events)

im looking forward to this as something else to do that is also giving depth to parts of the game : maroo but theres only so much collectoring i can do before i get tired of waiting for dojo/clan/alliance/archwing improvements... like serious improvements