Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Stream 80: Carrier Changes feedback thread [Megathread]

DonGheddo

I agree

The most limiting factor for any Weapon, Frame, Companion is not the "drain" capacity, but the slots for mods.  To take a mandatory carrier mod and replace it with three mods is NOT the direction I would even have concidered. 

Most players would have been happy to make it a universal mod like Animal Instict

What about a Exilus slot for companions? where things like Vacuum could go

Where is the additional slot to put Vacuum?  Now you are forcing us to replace a SINGLE mod, with 3 mods to get the same effect

My first thought when the replacement was mention was that they were going to replace carriers Vacuum with Ammo drum.  one of the most worthless mods in the game IMHO

Rewatch it. It was pretty clear to me that their solution was to nerf Vacuum (3 precepts vs 1) before making it universal. I think we need to make it clear that this is not what we want, 3 slots is totally unfeasible unless you want to drop either everything else a Sentinel can do (Medi Ray, Guardian, Sanctuary, Animal Instinct) or dump their survivability mods.

I also got the distinct impression that it will only work on Sentinels, which still leaves cats and dogs in the gutter, on top of them not really having a spare mod slot, let alone three, to slot the mods in the first place. I don't think this is going to be an improvement at all.

I like it. Everyone who compains about Vacuum being limited to only one sentinel can now use it on multiple. Everyone who doesn't want Vacuum because it can waste ammo/health/energy etc now has control over what their sentinel can pick up.

Why do you feel the need to complain when they're making a change that benefits everyone?

14 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

Agreed, I'm sure what everyone wanted was just a vacuum like we have now, but an innate passive not tied to any companions or mods.

It's certainly what I wanted.

DE, can't we just agree that vacuum is an outdated concept and that getting the rewards you've earned, in a fast-paced shooter like Warframe, shouldn't be tied to running around and grabbing them?  Do you genuinely want people losing out on rewards just because they chose to (or need to, in the case of some warframes) be more mobile?

Furthermore, the drop system is far from perfect.  Things that are dropped get stuck in ceilings or walls or fall into pits and don't get respawned all the time.  Vacuum is an easy way to mitigate some of that, as your Carrier can vacuum up things through walls, ceilings, and obstacles, and catch things that fall into its radius before they can fall into pits and risk the loot-respawn mechanic.

Why should we be forced to use a particular Companion just to ensure that we can play the way you've built the game to be played, and avoid long-standing bugs that should've been fixed long ago?

Making Vacuum more widespread is a step in the right direction, but IMO not nearly far enough.

Edited by Arkvold

1 minute ago, Arkvold said:

It's certainly what I wanted.

DE, can't we just agree that vacuum is an outdated concept and that getting the rewards you've earned, in a fast-paced shooter like Warframe, shouldn't be tied to running around and grabbing them?  Do you genuinely want people losing out on rewards just because they chose to (or need to, in the case of some warframes) be more mobile?

Furthermore, the drop system is far from perfect.  Things that are dropped get stuck in ceilings or walls or fall into pits and don't get respawned all the time.  Vacuum is an easy way to mitigate some of that, as your Carrier can vacuum up things through walls, ceilings, and obstacles, and catch things that fall into its radius before they can fall into pits and risk the loot-respawn mechanic.

Why should we be forced to use a particular Sentinel just to ensure that we can play the way you've built the game to be played, and avoid long-standing bugs that should've been fixed long ago?

Making Vacuum more widespread is a step in the right direction, but IMO not nearly far enough.

Totally agree, especially when there's still that 50 mod, resource drop limit, they added awhile back 

5 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Why do you feel the need to complain when they're making a change that benefits everyone?

People wanted vacuum the way it is now, not seperated into 3 mods. So instead of having vacuum on one sentinel, we now get 3 mods that together do what vacuum does now while having to reduce either our or the sentinels survivabilty as a bonus.

Edited by DJ_Vauban

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

'People' have many different opinions, DE are trying to cater to everyone's with this change.

I think that no one wanted vacuum to be split like this, is the thing. So while everyone now gets to have vacuum, they don't get exactly what they wanted either. People who never used Carrier might still not use vacuum because they have to install 3 mods instead of 1 or maybe none at all, and people who always used carrier will get the shaft because they now have to sacrifice more for no gains at all.

Edited by DJ_Vauban
typo

9 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I like it. Everyone who compains about Vacuum being limited to only one sentinel can now use it on multiple. Everyone who doesn't want Vacuum because it can waste ammo/health/energy etc now has control over what their sentinel can pick up.

because it doesn't benefit everyone. I like vaccuum the way it is. I'd rather have it on carrier only then split into 3 mods with reduced functionality, so it doesn't benefit me at all.

16 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

'People' have many different opinions, DE are trying to cater to everyone's with this change.

Have a toggle in the arsenal for the Warframe to turn vacuum on or off and which items you want to pick up. There, now everyone is happy.

No need for this overly complicated 3 mods nonsense.

but leave it to DE for creating more problems when they try to fix a simple issue

Edited by Dragazer

8 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Although having more control over vacuum would be beneficial, my personal opinion is that, loosing 2 additional mod slots to have the current effect of the vacuum wouldn't be to my liking - it would either mean to loose some utility, or to lower survivability of my sentinel. You can call me lazy, but my pure utility carrier is just a necessary convenience (for me at least) in order not to wander around in search of loot and be left by the team in some mission types (and loose the shared affinity).

Topic of Vacuum change probably needs some discussion and some more info from DE about how they see it and what exactly are their ideas.

18 minutes ago, TennoPain said:

we dont know if its gonna be ''vacum for mods resources endo etc... i dont think they will do it like that because it would be pure :poop:

Except they clearly said they were going to split its current functionality into three parts. Regardless of what they're splitting it into, they're splitting it. Which essentially amounts to a nerf. Players haven't been asking DE to give vacuum to other sentinels, and they certainly haven't asked DE to split it into three parts. Players have asked DE to make Vacuum a passive ability for all warframes. And that is obviously something DE is unwilling to do.

11 minutes ago, Demon.King said:

Also, ignoring this change, it would still be mostly useless because of stats. Carrier is the only sentinel in the game that can survive anything. The other sentinels need buffs badly.

Yes this parts really cheeses me.

Why does Carrier prime get double health and triple armor compared to standard

But poor old Wyrm Prime gets a shield and armor upgrade but health cut in half? wut

DE Logic at its finest.

Edited by Dragazer

Sounds like a terrible idea to both remove Vacuum from Carrier and add it as three separate mods that are universal.

I think Vacuum should stay unless Carrier is getting a new precept that is more interesting. Having Vacuum available to Carrier as a single mod and to other sentinels as three separate mods would still make Carrier sufficiently unique, and that would be fine by me. Removing Vacuum for Carrier and replacing it with three universal mods is unnecessary and heavy-handed.

Unless they give Carrier a new precept that brings something new to the table (such as being able to hold onto spare health, energy and ammo and dispense it when it runs low), I'm not impressed by the current solution.

Edited by Inarticulate