Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Stream 80: Carrier Changes feedback thread [Megathread]

DonGheddo

So... Vacuum now takes three mods slots?

Wow. Way to make a bad situation worse.

Just give all Warframes and companions an innate vacuum that can be toggled off in game options for those who prefer not to have it.

Not every QoL fix needs to come in the form of bandaid mods.

There. Done.

8 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Just give all Warframes and companions an innate vacuum that can be toggled off in game options for those who prefer not to have it.

Not every QoL fix needs to come in the form of bandaid mods.

There. Done.

TOiFVbq.png

Edited by bl4ckhunter

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

I think innate Vacuum still the best solution. I dont know why Kubrow/Kavat user have to step on things they want and not sentinels users...

It may be the best solution, but it's the most time consuming one due to players also wanting customisation and the salt there would be if it lacked it. Innate vacuum with specific options and customisation in settings menu would take time to implement, which is why DE want to stick to mods since it's faster. The problem is that their current idea is heavily flawed. Implementing it as a mod how I suggested while making it universal to all companions is the fastest solution.

It's already a lot they're actually thinking of implementing universal vacuum as a mod, they won't take the extra time to do it trough settings.

Edited by Demon.King

7 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

Unless these mods are "Pick everything except energy orbs" "Pick everything except ammo" entire idea of having them split because you dont want to waste 30 ammo is flawed.

If I want ammo i'll use ammo restores, same with energy. But hey if Ill use ammo restore then there will most likely be plenty of "wasted" pulses. So lets split ammo pizzas into 50 different sizes, so i can freely min max and use 7 ammo restoring pizza when i miss 7 ammo. Same with Health restores.

This is a mess is what this is.

Do not want.

Don't give them ideas, you devil !

this is a severe case of mad puss syndrome! where every thing newly added or done to the game makes you question the sanity of the creators..smh.

just look at what they did to arcane helmets> now split into 10's of arcanes that goes on other cosmetics..

they've induced the ability mods into the frames, and now they are extraditing the abilities from sentinels into mods and don't think other precepts of sentinels is exempt from this splitting.  as future changes will dictate this action. might aswell do away with diversity and uniqueness for companions and just have one universal companion that has all precepts instead of going down the road of drunken madness.

Edited by ranks21

2 hours ago, (PS4)HarigeVINCE said:

Look, instead of balancing the sentinels and making Carrier as useful as the others, they choose to destroy Carrier and its quality of life instead. The idea was to let people use various sentinels, not to destroy the 'best' so everyone has to go for another sentinel... Carrier can't spend 3 mod slots for a vacuum effect, he needs the slots for survivability in higher levels!

I'll tell you what the change should have been.

• Original Vacuum remains untouched.
  • 2 new universal vacuum mods for all compagnions; one for health, energy and ammo, the other one for resources, endo, mods,...

This way no quality of life gets nuked, Carrier is still the same, other compagnions can have vacuum too and trading 2 mod slots for it is more than enough.

My point is that with this change no usability is destroyed while still having the same desired result: more use of other compagnions!

What are you talking about?  You have all your slots used up for survivability?  Okay, how about you post your load out because this is a lie. 

My load out is Animal instinct/ Accelerated deflection/ Calculated redirection/ Coolant leak/ Enhanced vitality/ Regen/ Sanctuary/ Vacuum.

I have 2 slots open I haven't needed to use for any mission for the past year, so when the new vacuums hit, I'll drop vacuum and replace with 2 vac mods leaving me with 1 open spot. And you don't even need redirection given that base shields are 100 so that can go leaving me with still 2 open spots.  

So when you claim its quality of life is broken based on the general use of a "non attacking carrier",  it's like you don't know what you're talking about.  

Just let the DE team do what they do.  All we can reasonably demand is that they execute their view without bugs. 

Just now, robbybe01234 said:

What are you talking about?  You have all your slots used up for survivability?  Okay, how about you post your load out because this is a lie. 

My load out is Animal instinct/ Accelerated deflection/ Calculated redirection/ Coolant leak/ Enhanced vitality/ Regen/ Sanctuary/ Vacuum.

I have 2 slots open I haven't needed to use for any mission for the past year, so when the new vacuums hit, I'll drop vacuum and replace with 2 vac mods leaving me with 1 open spot. And you don't even need redirection given that base shields are 100 so that can go leaving me with still 2 open spots.  

So when you claim its quality of life is broken based on the general use of a "non attacking carrier",  it's like you don't know what you're talking about.  

Just let the DE team do what they do.  All we can reasonably demand is that they execute their view without bugs. 

"I don't have problems, so this isn't a problem".

Good job, mate.

Just now, robbybe01234 said:

Oh I see.  Would you be able to explain how quality of life for a non-attacking carrier would indeed be destroyed by the introduction of 3 vac mods?

I don't know how QoL can be IMPROVED by splitting MANDATORY mod into THREE.

Dunno what you mean by "non-attacknig Carrier", mine have hands full with mods.

15 minutes ago, robbybe01234 said:

Oh I see.  Would you be able to explain how quality of life for a non-attacking carrier would indeed be destroyed by the introduction of 3 vac mods?

You're being ridiculous, it's liking saying it's ok to remove invisibility from Loki just because 2% of Loki players hardly use it.

The vast majority of players don't have room on their sentinals and you know it.

39 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

I want  invisibility, scanning,   and all other unique precepts of every sentinel into the sentinel that I am using.  that way I'll have the complete universal companion ready for any situation.

Ok, only if he have a rocket launcher-launcher, with lotus particles and bigmac sauce

4 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

You're being ridiculous, it's liking saying it's ok to remove invisibility from Loki just because 2% of Loki players hardly use it.

The vast majority of players don't have room on their sentinals and you know it.

Your Loki analogy doesn't at all work here or make sense.  Because I always use vacuum (invisibility) and I only showed how vacuum (invisibility) has room to remain post change.

I'm impressed, that is some assumption.  You're saying the vast majority can't find 1 mod to remove that doesn't help the carrier do its job?  You really need that striker, redirection or spare parts on there?  The reality of the carrier load out is that there aren't 10 mods that contribute to its purpose. So there will be free space. 

Look it honestly is sad to see people that don't really know what they are talking about have any level of impact on something I enjoy. 

Innate Vacuum > Universal Vacuum

Another scene of DE laziness 

They try to fix 2 problems at the same time. First give vacuum to all sentinels so carrier won't be mandatory. Second give carrier an ammo remedy ability to make automatic primaries viable. But split vacuum into 3 mods plus 1 new carrier precept vs free 2 slots you gain from kicking ammo mutation out of your primary and secondary.... They are not equal definitely. 

Before

Vacuum + 2 ammo mutation = 3slots

Aftet

3 Vacuums + Ammo precept = 4slots

Ppl suggested that DE should look at ammo pool and ammo gain problem also the problem that most automatic weapons are not sustainable against high bullet sponge but NOPE!! let carrier be your band-aid angel and it's done! 

2 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

Innate Vacuum > Universal Vacuum

Another scene of DE laziness 

They try to fix 2 problems at the same time. First give vacuum to all sentinels so carrier won't be mandatory. Second give carrier an ammo remedy ability to make automatic primaries viable. But split vacuum into 3 mods plus 1 new carrier precept vs free 2 slots you gain from kicking ammo mutation out of your primary and secondary.... They are not equal definitely. 

Before

Vacuum + 2 ammo mutation = 3slots

Aftet

3 Vacuums + Ammo precept = 4slots

Ppl suggested that DE should look at ammo pool and ammo gain problem also the problem that most automatic weapons are not sustainable against high bullet sponge but NOPE!! let carrier be your band-aid angel and it's done! 

I kind of see where you're coming from here.  It is more slots to be used yes but I see an upside.  That ammo mutation slot removed from the weapon is now another damage slot.  Also you never go into a mission with 2 different ammo mutations as they will conflict with each other.   Anyway, It will be as though we can use the carrier to offload a couple utility mods from our weapons to increase primary or secondary damage.

i approve... thing is.. everyone picked carrier.. 99% of random players had carrier.. and now when picking up every mod is actually being rewarded.. not picking up carrier is worse... this way every sentinel will be viable...

the only thing that i disapprove is the splitting up Vacuum mod into 3 mods... just keep it the way it is

1 minute ago, OnyX1705 said:

the only thing that i disapprove is the splitting up Vacuum mod into 3 mods... just keep it the way it is

Here's the thing, if it does actually turn out to be 3 mods at:

· Health and Energy

· Credits and Ammo

· Mods, Endo, and Resources/Miscellaneous

I still just see 1 vacuum mod. Maybe 2 with credits/ammo. 

Considering the following:  The potential increased damage due to ammo mutation on carrier / The fact that we build frames to be self sustainable / We bring energy pads as a supplement / A majority of credit farming can come from mission rewards

The split is essentially a non change as we really only need to use the mod/endo one. 

5 hours ago, Oneil-EN- said:

Nice. Another one who has absolutely no idea about anything. I'd like to see you run around picking up every single thing that drops. Small topic ? Are you out of your mind ? If this change goes through people will quit. Lots of people..

"outclassed by Djinn's Fatal Attraction" Not even going to bother arguing with this.

fatal attraction non aggros affected enemies, a bunch of easy head shots for an Argon Scope to trigger. the damage ticks gives affected enemies a stun

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Carrier  " The max range at which Vacuum will pick up drops is around 12 (in-game) meters "

only about 12 in game meters . . . if you are in melee combat your pickups would go to you anyway, if you are in ranged combat you are still going to have to move within 12 meters of whatever it is you want to pick up.

Honestly, turning vacuum into 3 different mods for Sentinels instead of just giving Tenno Universal vacuum is just bad design imo.  
It creates more mandatory mods and gives you even less of an incentive to use Kubrows or Kavats, whereas with Universal Vacuum it allows for more diverse Companion building and a much larger variety of used Companions.  
Seriously, I would have thought that this was obvious by now. Warframe is a fast paced game and having to slowdown so much to pick things up just adds unneeded frustration, so Carrier is the most used companion entirely because of this fact which should make it apparent that Carrier needs a new ability and for Vacuum to just be on Warframes by default.  

[DE]Scott has been looking into the new player experience and this would be a great answer to it, because currently new players have to rush a Carrier before anything else if they want to progress at a reasonable pace. Sure, spliting Vacuum into 3 mods could fix this but, it would also come with more issues, Issues that a Universal Vacuum would not have and does not need.