Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Stream 80: Carrier Changes feedback thread [Megathread]

DonGheddo

56 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

"I'm not disrespectful, you're just lazy."  Brilliant argument.

Is this one of those "you should be tolerant of my intolerance" arguments? We don't call you lazy or elitist or anything nasty for not using carrier. You come in here and say "why are all you so lazy" and then get offended when I say to stop disrespecting us. Just because you have a different opinion doesn't mean you have the right to call us names.

Glad to see you really heated over my opinion on how they should carry on with an ability in a video game. Cool cool. Leaving this thread.

4 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Other peoples negative comments are kind of beside the point when you're responding to me, homie. But anyway. I'll leave it there.

I actually tried to make it clear I wasn't responding to you, because I thought that you would be upset if you thought I was. That's why I wrote:

37 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

So please, all of you who don't like vacuum, just stop.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear. I'm just fed up with people disrespecting me, and then calling me disrespectful because I don't like it. People like different weapons and frames, and they like different sentinals, and that's okay.

6 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Can you honestly say that it being dubbed essential and it being over used comparatively to other content isn't a bad sign or a sign that something needs work?

It IS a sign that something needs work, but that something isn't player's choices. It's the innate vacuum. People choose carrier because they hate playing without vacuum. But that's not my point. My point is: until vacuum is changed, people are going to keep on using carrier, and that's no excuse for calling them lazy. It's ridiculous to talk about laziness anyway, since we are playing a VIDEO GAME, and not working or taking care of children. Who wants to brag about how hard they work in a video game?

6 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Glad to see you really heated over my opinion on how they should carry on with an ability in a video game. Cool cool. Leaving this thread.

I was talking about the way you insult other players. Way to change the subject,

38 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

(Side note: On the topic of a lot of players using it mostly as a farm tool, the poster above my post literally just stated thats why he uses it. Just some food for thought)

Not at all. Nobody in this thread has said that, at least that I can see. The poster above you definitely didn't say anything of the sort.

14 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

I actually tried to make it clear I wasn't responding to you, because I thought that you would be upset if you thought I was. That's why I wrote:

Sorry if I didn't make that clear. I'm just fed up with people disrespecting me, and then calling me disrespectful because I don't like it. People like different weapons and frames, and they like different sentinals, and that's okay.

My bad. Sounded like I was being lumped in with some more aggressive responses. At any rate maybe the changes DE will make will actually be really decent. Who knows? We'll just have to suck it up and see when it comes.

Xzorn: "Anyone who doesn't see the value of Vacuum must play this game at a snail pace.

Vacuum has attributed roughly 3k plat to my wallet through converting extra mods and credits into MAX mods and selling them.

Extra loot I got.....  Not because I simply didn't have to move 10m; but because of my clear times, my kill rates and reduced overhead of managing pickups.

It's about being a fast and efficient farmer."

Edited by StinkyPygmy

3 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

My bad. Sounded like I was being lumped in with some more aggressive responses. At any rate maybe the changes DE will make will actually be really decent. Who knows? We'll just have to suck it up and see when it comes.

I see what you did there...

Sorry for sounding like I was lumping you in. I just... sort of reached my limit. You know?

26 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Well you are welcome back,. but you have to realize the game has changed a lot and that nearly all players are running with Carrier because they DO NOT want to have to sit and stare at the ground or stop focusing on playing... You know, the game. I have fun shooting Grineer, I have fun spreading STD's to the Infested, I have SOME fun shooting freakin Corpus except nullifiers... But I don't have fun stopping, looking around, having to pay attention to stuff that drops just in case my friend didn't pick it up.

Vacuum has a very respectable sphere of pick up, there are HUNDREDS of enemies, the game isn't narrow little tiny hallways anymore as @Xzorn pointed out either, Vacuum should be a built in innate feature to warframes. If people are so against it doing all of the things at once, in the very least it should be able to pick up loot and mods, probably ammo too.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)greensmaragd said:

The luxury of carriers is to be vacuum. with a module Mod
Use Carrier, if you want to vacuum!
Where is the problem?

For the very good effect, you'll have to use Carrier.
If you want to have rather Critical Plus use Kavat,
if you wish to have perm. scans ....then....?

You understand? 

Except DE themselves acknowledge that 95% of the playerbase use Carrier to the exclusion of all other Companions. Wisdom of crowds and all that. Tyres come on every car, they aren't considered a luxury or optional.

28 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Xzorn: "Anyone who doesn't see the value of Vacuum must play this game at a snail pace.

Vacuum has attributed roughly 3k plat to my wallet through converting extra mods and credits into MAX mods and selling them.

Extra loot I got.....  Not because I simply didn't have to move 10m; but because of my clear times, my kill rates and reduced overhead of managing pickups.

It's about being a fast and efficient farmer."

That was actually directed to the "Lazy People"  but for some reason it didn't re-post his and since it works in general terms I just left it.

But yes, I use Carrier mostly as a farming tool. His weapon just happens to be a great anti-melee CC tool and he's more durable than most frames as a bonus.

I mean... do people play D3 without a little Globe Pickup radius? 

3 hours ago, shyguyk said:

For loot? why not?

For ammo and orbs? Walk over to it ya lazy bum.

Guy do you realize this is a game?
its not work, we are supposed to have fun.

Unless they want to follow korean mmorpgs philosophy that is the main cause of the premature Death of many western mmo.

P.S. even if it was work, the main rule is to automatize repetitive tasks. That for a reason. If not..why using a pc? i mean use pen and paper.

Edited by VonDodo

44 minutes ago, Zaniel_Aus said:

44 minutes ago, Zaniel_Aus said:

Except DE themselves acknowledge that 95% of the playerbase use Carrier to the exclusion of all other Companions. Wisdom of crowds and all that. Tyres come on every car, they aren't considered a luxury or optional.

I do not work with carriers and also know few in my solid play groups that use it. Reason is the carrier of a certain time is just totally useless. Then rather the new Kavat with crit up

This has taken with me until I ceased to open every box and pick up any trash. / I do occasionally still XD)
But everyone Beyond the rank 15t- the carrier is useless. It has raw materials without end. Everything else you lift anyway on with.

Carrier is overestimated by most only in its function. pick things is not a problem, you have even a minimal sucking function. Not noticed?

95%? A Open Lie. I see Kavats, Kubrows , Shades , and all another. 

Edited by (PS4)greensmaragd

16 minutes ago, (PS4)greensmaragd said:

But everyone Beyond the rank 15t- the carrier is useless. It has raw materials without end. Everything else you lift anyway on with.

Carrier is overestimated by most only in its function. pick things is not a problem, you have even a minimal sucking function. Not noticed?

95%? A Open Lie. I see Kavats, Kubrows , Shades , and all another. 

I'd have to disagree. I'm MR 22, 2500 hours played with Carrier at 97% used.

The Crit Cat "might" be an option if we still had endless Void but right now we do such ample amounts of damage that the other options are what's useless. I doubt the Luck cat working with Traces will last but that's prolly the only other option specifically for Fissures only.

Why do I need +30% crit when I already swing Galantine for 800k - 2 Million? Someone like myself who tries to solo lvl 300 or group lvl 1,725 where that bonus in damage actually makes a difference is defiantly in the minority. According to DE majority of players hang around at lvl 40 where a strong breeze drops enemies.

Carrier was quoted at 89% used on the recent Dev Stream.

22 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I'd have to disagree. I'm MR 22, 2500 hours played with Carrier at 97% used.

The Crit Cat "might" be an option if we still had endless Void but right now we do such ample amounts of damage that the other options are what's useless. I doubt the Luck cat working with Traces will last but that's prolly the only other option specifically for Fissures only.

Why do I need +30% crit when I already swing Galantine for 800k - 2 Million? Someone like myself who tries to solo lvl 300 or group lvl 1,725 where that bonus in damage actually makes a difference is defiantly in the minority. According to DE majority of players hang around at lvl 40 where a strong breeze drops enemies.

Carrier was quoted at 89% used on the recent Dev Stream.

You Mr 22 and have play 97% with Carrier? lazy and inefficient? (yes i was it too) if you I would not have so many hours would ask if you were born in draco. OMG this is broken Time! For what you need all the Trash? I have MR 16 and have all what i need. One Trash more and my ship is sinking. (Even the Dojo has already received its own force field, because of all the garbage)

And most everything there is. What I did not, I can always be 100% prepared.

Carriers brings nothing just suck trash! Its a good starter Guardian but for more? 

I have no idea. why some sucking find so beautiful. 

My Kavat have Animal Instinct Mod its enough to see Mods. 

And yes i have take Carrier too. At the first time in Game. But for more is it ineffcient. 

i have think so too, in the time with Carrier, but its a even lie! attempts. stop the suck!

6 minutes ago, (PS4)greensmaragd said:

You Mr 22 and have play 97% with Carrier? lazy and inefficient? if you I would not have so many hours would ask if you were born in draco. OMG this is broken Time! For what you need all the Trash? I have MR 16 and have all what i need. One Trash more and my ship is sinking. 

And most everything there is. What I did not, I can always be 100% prepared.

Carriers brings nothing just suck trash! Its a good starter Guardian but for more? 

I have no idea. why some sucking find so beautiful. 

My Kavat have Animal Instinct Mod its enough to see Mods. 

Draco is an example of inefficient farming. You get good experience and bad everything else. The key is to multi-task your progression.

It's strange how many people don't see the economic value of Carrier.

I wasn't exaggerating with an earlier post saying Carrier has easily made me 3k plat and that's only since I've been back 7 months. It's possible he's made me even more before that time, it's hard to gauge all the variables.

So unless you have enough plat or intend to buy everything in this game with cash from now till you quit playing. Vacuum is useful.

11 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Draco is an example of inefficient farming. You get good experience and bad everything else. The key is to multi-task your progression.

It's strange how many people don't see the economic value of Carrier.

I wasn't exaggerating with an earlier post saying Carrier has easily made me 3k plat and that's only since I've been back 7 months. It's possible he's made me even more before that time, it's hard to gauge all the variables.

So unless you have enough plat or intend to buy everything in this game with cash from now till you quit playing. Vacuum is useful.

I see absolut no methode with Carrier to make more Plat. Absolut no. I can take all the trash without carrier Oo

Lets just increase a universal vacuum to half max carrier, then have the mods corrupted. So if you install a credits mod you increase the range by 2m for credits per level but reduce the range for the other two mods/pickups by 1m. This will allow us to keep the pace of the game without being over powered.

*values are for illustration.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)greensmaragd said:

For what you need all the Trash? I have MR 16 and have all what i need.

Lol at telling people they're wrong for wanting resources when you aren't even trying to build the rest of the weapons in the game. Some people play differently than you, you know?

For example, is gallium trash? Probably, right? Well, some people spend huge amounts of gallium decorating their dojos. So they need gallium. Other resources are needed for building forma, and some of us build one every single say. I know someone who's building a collection of dragon nikanas, so he needs lots of argon crystal. I build a lot of raid keys, pizzas, clems, tenno spectres, healers, leeches, and cyphers. So I need lots of nano spores. Is it really so surprising that some people play differently than you?

Ages ago, back on the old black and brown forums I once wrote a long post about how I wasn't sure if DE ever actually understood what people love about this game and why they still play it or why they get so genuinely irritated when strange changes happen. I once got into an awkward internet confrontation with one of the DE staff members on those forums over some of the really awful early mercury changes where it was implied the only reason I, and the legions of new players who were quitting before finishing mercury, didn't like these changes was because we were bad at the game. I laughed when I came back and saw almost every change I rallied against back then was undone. But I digress, I'm still not sure DE understands why people enjoy this game. But I am certain that DE continues to fail at one basic thing, and it's the same thing they've been failing at since I first started playing;

When there's an issue. For example, if 89% of your long-term playerbase is using one specific item your thoughts should not be "WE HAVE TO FORCE THEM TO STOP USING THIS ITEM" it should be "Where did we go wrong that these players feel like they have to use this item?". There is a flaw in the basic design but the staff is so dead set, as they always have been, that no one can have a legitimate grievance with their game that it has to be that players are just too lazy. I can't say I'm surprised carrier, and vacuum, is getting a nerf. I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier.

Just now, Lord_Azrael said:

In what way is vacuum overpowered? Are we having too easy a time picking up nano spores?

Vacuum is overpowered otherwise we would not have the problem we have now with people only using carrier, as the Devs want to nerf its ability it is safe to say they also think it is overpowered. I would love to have vacuum on all companions as it is now however that looks unlikely to happen.

I have 2500+ in game so resources are not a problem for me :)

6 minutes ago, (PS4)greensmaragd said:

I see absolut no methode with Carrier to make Plat. Absolut no. I can take all the trash without carrier Oo

Vacuum increases your kill rate by removing overhead from the player.

It also increases your clear rate efficiency on run through maps by simply not having to stop.

Your increased kill rate, run times and efficiency turn into extra mod and credit drops.

This doesn't include ones you might miss without Vacuum due to dropping behind walls, above or below you.

Extra mods = Free Endo. Extra Credits = Free upgrades, Max Mod = Plat.

It's all heavily dependent on the player's performance of course but that's also why Ignis is my most used Primary, which is esp useful for Syndicate missions.

Ignis + Vacuum + Animal Instinct,  usually takes me about 40m to do all 9 Syndicate missions with 7-8 medallions for the missions which have them.

With the recent Syndicate weapons I made 4k plat so far selling those medallions as weapons for 75p each. I had about 2200 / 600 / 60 medallions of all 3 syndicates and every day I saved those Vacuum saved me at least 10 minutes. Vacuum saves me roughly 5 hours a month doing Syndicate missions. 5 hours I can then spend farming something else for even more plat.

This method is also why at MR 22 I sit on Affinity Boosters even though I rarely have anything to level. When I Focus Farm it takes me 25 minutes for 100k, when I lvl a weapon it takes less than half the time due to stealth bonuses and all the time I save from it in turn pays for the booster.

12 hours ago, Leonix13 said:

It was a joke as in those are missions where stuff you need can't be picked up for you... Same with survival, there isn't a mod to activate life support for you, it apart of the game, search for support and health and energy, vacuum is a crutch that hurts the role of other mods or powers that feed your team health/energy... risk/reward.

you idea of risk/ reward is a bit broken. its not risking anything other then my kill rate to go get the life support mini drops,but killing is how you Keep Up the mini life supports. its a bit Counter productive to have to stop engaging in the game mode to go get a drop type. im more then sure 70% of the server would agree ( id pull the carrier usage in T4 survival and mot if i could but maybe DE could accommodate. Once Again can we go back to the original subject at hand? its not a Question of "will i use vacuum" every one will , cuz playing Apartment Clean up Simulator to get drops is Boring nor engaging, there shouldn't be a "risk" in obtaining a Necessary Drop type, as it is not Rewarding to have it but Flat Out Necessary!

3 hours ago, JSharpie said:

It is, by definition, laziness that makes you want the acquisition of loot to be done for you.

You have quite the impressive usage of both carrier and the chesa kubrow for someone who keeps calling everyone lazy for doing what you've done for what appears to be the majority of your game time.

Granted your smeeta usage is really climbing, 22% in the short time they've been live, it just seems odd you have this attitude that seriously suggests you are fully against "lazy gaming", when you've clearly indulged quite heavily yourself.

Hey pot, you're black too buddy.  Just saying.

46 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Lol at telling people they're wrong for wanting resources when you aren't even trying to build the rest of the weapons in the game. Some people play differently than you, you know?

For example, is gallium trash? Probably, right? Well, some people spend huge amounts of gallium decorating their dojos. So they need gallium. Other resources are needed for building forma, and some of us build one every single say. I know someone who's building a collection of dragon nikanas, so he needs lots of argon crystal. I build a lot of raid keys, pizzas, clems, tenno spectres, healers, leeches, and cyphers. So I need lots of nano spores. Is it really so surprising that some people play differently than you?

You dont understand. I do not play but different. Exactly I do it too. Have always enough enough enough recources. I make enough in the dojo too. But i have in all the Game Time absolut no probs with Recouces. This is no differenty Game wise. 

but if it really is different for them. THEN TAKE CARRIER. This is his ability to get a little more trash. The topics donor wants is not reduced this to Carrier.

And that's just it. Different ways of playing. Claiming all games Only Carrier

He just wants to have that luxury with other good Guardians

But that would be the mistake, who wants to suck suck. Who wants to take a Crit Kavat, who wants to scan ...

understand?

31 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Vacuum increases your kill rate by removing overhead from the player.

It also increases your clear rate efficiency on run through maps by simply not having to stop.

Your increased kill rate, run times and efficiency turn into extra mod and credit drops.

This doesn't include ones you might miss without Vacuum due to dropping behind walls, above or below you.

Extra mods = Free Endo. Extra Credits = Free upgrades, Max Mod = Plat.

It's all heavily dependent on the player's performance of course but that's also why Ignis is my most used Primary, which is esp useful for Syndicate missions.

Ignis + Vacuum + Animal Instinct,  usually takes me about 40m to do all 9 Syndicate missions with 7-8 medallions for the missions which have them.

With the recent Syndicate weapons I made 4k plat so far selling those medallions as weapons for 75p each. I had about 2200 / 600 / 60 medallions of all 3 syndicates and every day I saved those Vacuum saved me at least 10 minutes. Vacuum saves me roughly 5 hours a month doing Syndicate missions. 5 hours I can then spend farming something else for even more plat.

This method is also why at MR 22 I sit on Affinity Boosters even though I rarely have anything to level. When I Focus Farm it takes me 25 minutes for 100k, when I lvl a weapon it takes less than half the time due to stealth bonuses and all the time I save from it in turn pays for the booster.

Sry but i cann do this all the time without Carrier 

I become mods, Remember When a mod are times this is absolutely not the end. The so far is not enough carriers also. He saved me in the ratio a perhaps 5% paths. They exaggerate when they say carrier to need.. 

Carrier is a addictive drug? XD 

I have to open a Carrier seeks advice. One Hour for 50 Plat, tell me more.