Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Stream 80: Carrier Changes feedback thread [Megathread]

DonGheddo

1 minute ago, KJRenz said:

Funny enough, the only issue I see with her is how polarize works/scales.

In my opinion, nothing is wrong with her except that one ability.

^Yeah I actually edited my Post to something more meaningful there. x)

Edited by Sherbniz

Just now, Sherbniz said:

^Yeah I actually edited my Post to something more meaningful there. x)

Well even if some players are vocal about something, DE are not obligated to change it. If they feel/understand about things that are being voiced for change, they will change it. Example being Chroma reveal helmet, Vupline mask drop table changes etc.

13 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

The change is awesome. I don't use Carrier often, I just hate meta builds, including having a single sentinel being good while the others getting shaft.

You mean how carrier will remain on top because it's the only sentinel that can take a hit and gets an ammo mutation precept on top?

Not liking the meta is fine, being against QoL changes and general things that smooth out gameplay is not being "anti meta", it's closer to being a dunce.

Edited by SetAbominae

What is wrong with people here?

Yes, OP wrote the thread as a community, but why is everyone making it the big point?

This is one time when I am ok with OP speaking for everyone. I just can not believe that anyone would be ok with splitting Vacuum into 3 mods.

And for the love of Warframe, don't support DE on this decision of breaking up Vacuum in 3 parts. Seriously, DE needs to stop ruining things that are popular. Realize the fact that the reason for it being popular means they did that thing right.

For all the talk in the devstreams about removing mandatory mods, DE seems to keep adding more and more mandatory mods in the game.

Why can't DE jst make Vacuum a default action of all the sentinels, without complicating things by making mods for it?

If this is indeed the way DE want to go, these are my observations:

• 2013 - 2015:    DE's F2P model ----> Fairness-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<---other F2P game
  • 2015 - 2106:    DE's F2P model --------------------------------------------------------------->Fairness--------------------------------------<----other F2P game
  • 2016 - soonTM: DE's F2P model ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->Fairness<--other F2P game
Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName

5 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Nope, I don't hate Carrier. I have mine, very forma'ed and I use it whenever I focus on farming resources, but on regular play sessions I don't bring a sentinel at all because I play mostly stealth and Sentinels s*ck for stealth because they refuse to fly low and avoid detection. I hate meta builds, which means I hate carrier being the only useful sentinel as much as I hated Smeeta broken rare resource thing or Ash's bladespam build. Nothing personal with Carrier.

Splitting the Vacuum in 3 is a very good move. And adding Ammo Drum+Ammo mutation to carrier (which I presume will be a passive and not a precept) it's awesome.

Have you tried removing weapons from your sentinels?

Or just the attack precepts?

Suddendly you can be stealthy!

Nobody is telling you how to play and meta builds are by no means necessary.

But they are good and can be easily explained.

EV Trinity is much easier to say than ABitofEnergyVampireTrinitywithsomeBlessingMixedInAndHeavyImpactBecauseIt'sFunny.

And building an efficient team with these "meta building blocks" is easier.

Edited by Sherbniz

*Edit* Thanks Sherbniz

When I heard 3 mods, I thought they'd be doing Kavat, Kubrow, and Sentinel version. 

Is there some evidence that they're referring to some different type of split that is cause for doomsaying or is it just the regular old doomsaying before the details are in?

Edited by TheAceOfSkulls
Question Answered

I might quit over this honestly. The fact that this even came up as an idea screams out of touch to me. It's like pouring gas on a fire, trying to put it out tier in terms of bad ideas.

How can anyone sit here and pretend they want to try it because it might be okay? Yeah, cancer might not be so bad guys, let's give that a go before we judge? smh

Edited by Racter0325

6 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

Funny enough, the only issue I see with her is how polarize works/scales.

In my opinion, nothing is wrong with her except that one ability.

Again, there's zero point going around carrying a sign saying "The end is nigh"

Personally, I think Polarize is fine as it is, but Magnetize needs a team friendliness pass. Right now I can build for an amazing Magnetize, but it pisses my team off to no end as I constantly block their shots to enable my massive AoE control and destruction. Unless you are building for duration and str with negative range for bosses only, Magnetize is kinda  team troll ability at the moment. =(

Just now, SetAbominae said:

You mean how carrier will remain on top because it's the only sentinel that can take a hit and gets an ammo mutation precept on top?

Probably due to raw stats, yes, but it's just a matter of time until DE buffs Wyrm and other variants of the other sentinels show up to compete with Carrier Prime.

Just now, Sherbniz said:

Have you tried removing weapons from your sentinels?

Or just the attack precepts?

Suddendly you can be stealthy!

You are confusing "Stealth" with "Invisibility".

You can't crawl under enemy's noses with a flying neon light pointing at you saying "HERE'S MY MASTER! IT'S HERE! 3CM BELOW ME!"

If you make a mistake you can hide behind a crate or other obstacle, but the little a-hole will STILL fly high enough for a 'suspicious' enemy to see it and alert the whole planet.

41 minutes ago, TennoPain said:

Some say there will be special vacum mod for : resources , endo, energy , ammo ETC.

^ if So that would be super huge mistake and would make a lot of players unhappy.

TennoPain knows of our pain...  It's a nerf in disguise indeed.  =(

It should just be that Vacuum be made into a single mod that can be used on all sentinels.

3 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

*sigh*

Before doomsaying just wait until it's released.... Seriously.

You do realize that what happens will happen before it is implemented? Once an idea is implemented, there is a very high chance that DE won't change it.

And honestly, looking at the last few balance reworks, I would not be surprised if DE is serious about this. I mean, Scott nerfed Desecrate. Of all the things that needed nerf, Desecrate was certainly not one of them.

5 minutes ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

What is wrong with people here?

Yes, OP wrote the thread as a community, but why is everyone making it the big point?

This is one time when I am ok with OP speaking for everyone. I just can not believe that anyone would be ok with splitting Vacuum into 3 mods.

And for the love of Warframe, don't support DE on this decision of breaking up Vacuum in 3 parts. Seriously, DE needs to stop ruining things that are popular. Realize the fact that the reason for it being popular means they did that thing right.

For all the talk in the devstreams about removing mandatory mods, DE seems to keep adding more and more mandatory mods in the game.

Why can't DE jst make Vacuum a default action of all the sentinels, without complicating things by making mods for it?

Some of us might agree or disagree with the change but that doesn't mean 1 person should speak out for more than 21 million players. We don't even know if the change will be good or bad. You can't just assume people are gonna agree/disagree with what your opinion is.

10 minutes ago, Racter0325 said:

See this doesn't work either, though. I have all but one slot polarized and I still only have 2 points left. Cats and dogs have basically zero spots and require basically every slot polarized as well to fit maxed mods, and I didn't get the impression they were adding Vacuum to companions, just sentinels.

They are basically just proposing a nerf to Carrier.

Yeah, you're right, the current status of companions is troubling. Warframes get more health and shields when they level up, but not sentinels at least, and they could use some more durability, and not having any innate abilities - even the simple ability to shoot their equipped weapon - all of them being dependent on equipping mods is also really messy with only 10 slots to work with...

The whole system needs some tweaking and fixing, but would you agree that my proposition would at least be better than the current hypothetical plan, even though not perfect? One universal Vacuum High capacity mod > splitting vacuum into 3 mods?

12 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

these doom and gloom threads

people bashing a concept before it's even fully felshed out *smh*

Yes we have to because we'd rather have it not changed then changed badly. This sounds like a bad change and if they won't tell us what they mods are going to do in advance we have to be proactive. Once they mods are out that's it, they will never go back to old vacuum.

DE SHOULD tell us what the mods are going do;.... ya know... actually communicate with the player base. But they won't give us specifics until the release... at which time we can all then start complaining about it after it's too late.