Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework Secura Lecta

YagoXiten

The Secura Lecta is underwhelming. Yes, it's capable of handling Sortie level content, but it falls considerably short there compared to many other melee options, and  far behind the easily acquired Atterax. Worse, it has nothing fun or quirky when modding it. You pretty much throw on Corrosive and/or Toxin/Gas, depending upon the faction you're facing. 

And its unique passive is entirely moot, since many of us have more credits than we know what to do with, and there's other more efficient ways to farm credits.

I propose the following:

1. Enemies killed by the Secura Lecta have a 100% chance at all extra drops.

2. Each status proc provides a stacking buff that increases the Channeling Damage of the weapon by 5% for five seconds.

1 minute ago, ScorpioneITA said:

it's a utility weapon. It allows poor people credits (and there are more than maxed out credits people) to have an income. Not all weapons need to be designed for super late game vs 1000+ lvl enemies

Poor people will not have 125,000 Standing. It only increases income from credit drops, and enemies do not always drop credits. Even running Nekros and melee only, I still don't get enough credits to actually make it anywhere near relevant for farming purposes.

Correct, not all weapons need to be designed for super late game. I would expect, however, that a Mastery Rank 8 weapon should outclass, or at least keep up with, a Mastery Rank 2 weapon of the same class, and that a thematic Syndicate weapon should keep up (to some degree) with the other weapons from the other Syndicates. Secura Lecta fails to do both of those. I also expect that it should have some sort of combat passive, when every other Syndicate has one. Or /two/, in the case of the Telos Boltace, Sancti Magistar, and Rakta Dark Dagger.

Yes because its totally impossible for someone who has been around a significant amount of time to run out of credits...

And no. It should NOT give more of every drop. You already get a default credit booster that never runs out with it, and now you want it to also have resource drop chance? And they say the corpus were greedy...

Edited by NeithanDiniem

Just now, YagoXiten said:

Poor people will not have 125,000 Standing. It only increases income from credit drops, and enemies do not always drop credits. Even running Nekros and melee only, I still don't get enough credits to actually make it anywhere near relevant for farming purposes.

Correct, not all weapons need to be designed for super late game. I would expect, however, that a Mastery Rank 8 weapon should outclass, or at least keep up with, a Mastery Rank 2 weapon of the same class, and that a thematic Syndicate weapon should keep up (to some degree) with the other weapons from the other Syndicates. Secura Lecta fails to do both of those. I also expect that it should have some sort of combat passive, when every other Syndicate has one. Or /two/, in the case of the Telos Boltace, Sancti Magistar, and Rakta Dark Dagger.

I'm poor and I have loads of standings.

It's just a bonus, it doesn't have to a certain bonus to make it decent. You are just seeking something TOO useful or/and something that would mainly benefit vets. Vets do need some love for sure. Content wise, not with just some average melee weapons.

Weapons aren't balanced around Mastery Rank or enemies. It's about novelty and how they cangain people to purchase plat to buy the new things because they are just a bit better than what is out there in one way or another.

I agree on the combat passive. If some have it, all should.

11 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Yes because its totally impossible for someone who has been around a significant amount of time to run out of credits...

And no. It should NOT give more of every drop. You already get a default credit booster that never runs out with it, and now you want it to also have resource drop chance? And they say the corpus were greedy...

I myself currently do not have credits. I need to farm them. I'm certainly not going to do so banking off of the Secura Lecta.

it is NOT a Credit Booster. It is nowhere near a Credit Booster.It does not work on mission rewards, or all the time. It only works when you kill enemies with the weapon, and they drop credits. That is it.

I honestly don't care about resources, either. I care about ammo, and Energy Orb drops.

11 minutes ago, ScorpioneITA said:

I'm poor and I have loads of standings.

It's just a bonus, it doesn't have to a certain bonus to make it decent. You are just seeking something TOO useful or/and something that would mainly benefit vets. Vets do need some love for sure. Content wise, not with just some average melee weapons.

Weapons aren't balanced around Mastery Rank or enemies. It's about novelty and how they cangain people to purchase plat to buy the new things because they are just a bit better than what is out there in one way or another.

I agree on the combat passive. If some have it, all should.

The Sancti Magistar's healing is amazingly useful, and so is the Telos Boltace's AoE, and the Rakta Dark Dagger's overshields.

My ideas for it:
When equipped: Zaps a nearby alerted enemy with lightning, every 4 seconds or so. High status chance, chance affected by mods, range affected by (Primed) Reach. Base zapping range could be the same as the whip's range?
Always active: Status-procs (be it with manual attacks of the passive zap) grants the wielder (over)shields.

There you go. Two passives that synergize with each other and both which help in combat: Attacking with it (often) grants shields and the passive zap can help with both some CC and granting shields even quicker.
Also, it being related to status is fitting imo (status and money, ya know?). It granting shields is also related to the Sequence syndicate effect, the thing it is missing.

(Note: The Rakta Dark Dagger granting overshields is highly unfitting. It should instead grant a bit of ENERGY on KILL, imo. More helpful when trying to be stealthy and/or violent).

2 minutes ago, YagoXiten said:

I myself currently do not have credits. I need to farm them. I'm certainly not going to do so banking off of the Secura Lecta.

it is NOT a Credit Booster. It is nowhere near a Credit Booster.It does not work on mission rewards, or all the time. It only works when you kill enemies with the weapon, and they drop credits. That is it.

I honestly don't care about resources, either. I care about ammo, and Energy Orb drops.

The Sancti Magistar's healing is amazingly useful, and so is the Telos Boltace's AoE, and the Rakta Dark Dagger's overshields.

So are the credits. Scan is the only truly useless one(they don't provide anything to the game i mean your codex? how many actually use that?)

Vaykor sydon is also useful.

The thing is before this day meeles didn't have any form of silimilar active effects etc. People already complaining about them. Be glad you aren't just getting a plain weapon.

1 hour ago, Azamagon said:

My ideas for it:
When equipped: Zaps a nearby alerted enemy with lightning, every 4 seconds or so. High status chance, chance affected by mods, range affected by (Primed) Reach. Base zapping range could be the same as the whip's range?
Always active: Status-procs (be it with manual attacks of the passive zap) grants the wielder (over)shields.

There you go. Two passives that synergize with each other and both which help in combat: Attacking with it (often) grants shields and the passive zap can help with both some CC and granting shields even quicker.
Also, it being related to status is fitting imo (status and money, ya know?). It granting shields is also related to the Sequence syndicate effect, the thing it is missing.

(Note: The Rakta Dark Dagger granting overshields is highly unfitting. It should instead grant a bit of ENERGY on KILL, imo. More helpful when trying to be stealthy and/or violent).

I would be perfectly fine with the Lecta granting shields based upon damage dealt, or a flat amount per status proc, or something similar. But it also could use a damage buff, considering how far behind the Atterax it falls. I'm not asking for the rapidly-becoming-overdone Blood Rush build to be viable on it, but it needs /something/.

Actually, interestingly enough, apparently the Secura Lecta (and all the Syndicate melees) DO have two passives. The first is the melee kill credit booster, and the second is increased finisher speed. I am completely baffled. Did DE mix up the Lecta and the Dark Dagger? Because, really, shields on status proc sounds very Secura, and finishers sound very Rakta. Yes, the shields are currently tied to Radiation procs, but the damage of the Sequence effect is Radiation, so it still fits perfectly fine with Secura.

1 hour ago, ScorpioneITA said:

So are the credits. Scan is the only truly useless one(they don't provide anything to the game i mean your codex? how many actually use that?)

Vaykor sydon is also useful.

The thing is before this day meeles didn't have any form of silimilar active effects etc. People already complaining about them. Be glad you aren't just getting a plain weapon.

You also get the Specter, which does draw some enemy fire. It isn't amazing, but it's there. Also, scans are useful for unlocking content in the Simulacrum, and it is much, much faster to use the Heliocor than to collect scans, and that was a feature on the base Heliocor, not a new addition, so it's not particularly relevant to the discussion of the effectiveness of passives.

I currently have a Credit Booster from Nekros Prime. I ran melee only on him and killed 173 enemies in 10 minutes on Mot. Total mission credits: 14,068. Taking out the Credit Booster, 7,034 credits. Taking out Nekros granting ~1.5x drops, ~4689 credits. And, finally, this leaves us with the Secura Lecta's doubled credit drop passive, which would have accounted for ~2,345 credits. In other words, you can expect to earn 14,070 credits per hour of straight killing. Or an average of 14 or so credits per melee kill.

This is utterly awful.

Of course people are complaining. There's significant issues that need addressed with these weapons that we were all hyped for. If I gave you a literal pile of crap, do not tell me that you would thank me. The mere act of being gifted something does not mean it is free from criticism. That's absurd.

Edited by YagoXiten

You're missing the concept. Secure lecta isn't designed to farm credits, just to assist you with it.

Put it this way, you are doing a low level alert/fissure etc. Everything instantly dies by any melee. What do you use? Gelatine prime? Nikana prime? No wait, you have an option to use a secura lecta and get something. Whilst hack n slashing through the easy place.

If you want to farm credit you're better off in a party with nekros and chroma.

This however allows to solo and gain something.

If you earn 10k by killing. Now its 20k. It's not the worse thing. Your math is based around endgame and not the average game.

3 minutes ago, ScorpioneITA said:

You're missing the concept. Secure lecta isn't designed to farm credits, just to assist you with it.

Put it this way, you are doing a low level alert/fissure etc. Everything instantly dies by any melee. What do you use? Gelatine prime? Nikana prime? No wait, you have an option to use a secura lecta and get something. Whilst hack n slashing through the easy place.

If you want to farm credit you're better off in a party with nekros and chroma.

This however allows to solo and gain something.

If you earn 10k by killing. Now its 20k. It's not the worse thing. Your math is based around endgame and not the average game.

No, you're missing the point. The level of 'assistance' it grants you is nigh negligible. The gain from it is so little, that unless I really wanted to use the weapon for its stats or it stance or its flavor, I wouldn't spend the time to equip it, even when trying to maximize credit farming, which is what the bonus does. It will take literally hours of time to earn a bonus of 10k credits from the Secura Lecta. HOURS. I can get that by running dozens of other missions in mere minutes.

This is so small that it is entirely useless.

A bonus should be rewarding. Granting a negligible amount of extra credits on melee kills when the enemy happens to drop credits is not rewarding.

I do not see how any of that math was based upon end game. It was a casual play of a mission that is respectable for my gear level. That's about as average as you can get.

The amount of time it took to kill enemies was very low (many things could be one shot with slide attack). And I had a full loadout on it, with Rank 9 Primed Pressure Point. The credit gain per kill / time spent would most likely be significantly lower in 'average' gameplay. And even if it is higher it isn't going to be noteworthy.

Has anyone thought that maybe just have the Syndicate melee weapons do the same as what the other weapons do? Instead of these stupid little perks, give me my syndicate proc. That was the only reason I was excited for them. But now. My Prisma Dual Cleavers and Prisma Skana are miles better than any of the actual Syndicate weapons. Why? Because they PROC!

What we have now is pointless. Rakta Dark Dagger is a joke. The only reason any of us use a Dagger is Inaros or Ivara with Covert Lethality. But if you hit an the same any again after he has been Rad Proc'd you get Over Shield, one problem, COVERT LETHALITY!.

PS. it really annoys me that Magistar does Impact. It is a giant mace. Puncture please. Seriously, DE, google mace, have a look at all the spikey spikey, and tell me what damage type comes to mind. Especially since you gave magistar actual spikes. Impact, nice.

9 hours ago, YagoXiten said:

Of course people are complaining. There's significant issues that need addressed with these weapons that we were all hyped for. If I gave you a literal pile of crap, do not tell me that you would thank me. The mere act of being gifted something does not mean it is free from criticism. That's absurd.

And there is the problem. First off, your own fault for getting hyped. I have not done that for since Atari cartridge games. I advise you to do the same.

Gave you crap? No one "gave you" anything. New things just exist now that did not exist yesterday. Months from now, all that stuff will have "jut been there" ... well, for months really, and it will be "just stuff" that exists in game, that you can choose to get or not to get.

And yes, when "free stuff" exists, it IS free from criticism. If you come over to my house and I'm having dinner and I say "if you want some stuff, take it" and you come back with "your food is rubbish, I DEMAND YOU COOK ME SOMETHING ELSE", I'm going to tell you what you can do with that attitude.

Do you run around with your Prisma Gorgon? It's maxed out and has 40 kills on it, so the answer is NO. Well, now there is another weapon that you won't run around with. Nothing has changed.

Our gear stats are not "written in stone". If they get changed, they will get changed when DE has some usage statistics to back it up, not because one needy person.

4 hours ago, Dod-Regnbue said:

Has anyone thought that maybe just have the Syndicate melee weapons do the same as what the other weapons do? Instead of these stupid little perks, give me my syndicate proc. That was the only reason I was excited for them. But now. My Prisma Dual Cleavers and Prisma Skana are miles better than any of the actual Syndicate weapons. Why? Because they PROC!

What we have now is pointless. Rakta Dark Dagger is a joke. The only reason any of us use a Dagger is Inaros or Ivara with Covert Lethality. But if you hit an the same any again after he has been Rad Proc'd you get Over Shield, one problem, COVERT LETHALITY!.

PS. it really annoys me that Magistar does Impact. It is a giant mace. Puncture please. Seriously, DE, google mace, have a look at all the spikey spikey, and tell me what damage type comes to mind. Especially since you gave magistar actual spikes. Impact, nice.

The Rakta Dark Dagger I have yet to test personally, but its mechanics are solid and interesting, so whether or not it needs buffed, it doesn't need a rework like the Secura Lecta does. Honestly, the Secura Lecta is the only one that needs a significant rework. The Sydon needs some tweaks to how the blind is handled, but the idea is solid.

4 hours ago, DSpite said:

And there is the problem. First off, your own fault for getting hyped. I have not done that for since Atari cartridge games. I advise you to do the same.

Gave you crap? No one "gave you" anything. New things just exist now that did not exist yesterday. Months from now, all that stuff will have "jut been there" ... well, for months really, and it will be "just stuff" that exists in game, that you can choose to get or not to get.

And yes, when "free stuff" exists, it IS free from criticism. If you come over to my house and I'm having dinner and I say "if you want some stuff, take it" and you come back with "your food is rubbish, I DEMAND YOU COOK ME SOMETHING ELSE", I'm going to tell you what you can do with that attitude.

Do you run around with your Prisma Gorgon? It's maxed out and has 40 kills on it, so the answer is NO. Well, now there is another weapon that you won't run around with. Nothing has changed.

Our gear stats are not "written in stone". If they get changed, they will get changed when DE has some usage statistics to back it up, not because one needy person.

Excitement is an emotion, and emotions are conditions that, though one can somewhat control and can, obviously, choose to act in spite of, cannot avoid being subjected to. So, no, it is not my fault. Or anyone's fault? It just is a matter of fact.

As far as giving goes, I think you're taking things a bit out of context and past the metaphor. The point being that that just because something is presented for you (whether you take it or not) does not mean that you should be unable to criticize the fact that it was presented, or what the object being presented is. Furthermore, there is a difference between being rude and disrespectful, and politely declining something, and there is also a difference between calmly discussing that the steak you made was too dry and offering perfectly good culinary advice to improve it. Socially, that sort of thing might be frowned upon and seen as a sign of arrogance, but these are the feedback forums. They are INTENDED for criticism and discussion. Nowhere have I demanded anything. I have not raged or thrown a tantrum or anything of the sort. What I have done is criticize the flaws in the weapon's design. Which is what this forum is for. Yes, I do understand that the credit bonus passive is not literally useless, as it does confer some sort of use, but forgive my use of colloquial speech. The point is that the passive is designed to be relevant and enticing, and it is currently too weak to be relevant to the vast majority of players, and is literally useless to those veterans who are running around with a full set of every Rank 10 and every other mod maxed and a hundred million credits.

The other thing to keep in mind is that I am not receiving content for free. I pay for the game with both actual cash, and by being active in the community and spending time on it, and by recommending it to other players. Even a completely Free to Play player is paying, to some extent, for the product that is this game, because without them there is no game, independent of DE being a business or not. And, obviously, they are a business, which means that they have a business model that allows people to play completely for free for a reason. And satisfying that reason by playing at all is a form of payment. So yes, we the players have every right to criticize, so long as we do so fairly, and I am and always will do so. Also, again, this is a forum for doing so, and it stands to reason that, since DE hosts the servers and made this forum, they are actually asking for the feedback.

And actually, another weapon that I won't run around with IS a change. Why? Because, believe it or not, there is a limited amount of items in game or that are likely to be in game. And the Secura Lecta is a weapon that I want to run around with. So what has changed? There is something I would like in game that is a shadow of what it should be, and, as a result, I am disappointed and essentially robbed of content that I would enjoy but cannot. This is very similar to opening a new restaurant and then blocking the doorway from patrons with green eyes. It's denial based upon ignorance, or a genuine misunderstanding. And, either way, DE should be aware of it. And usage statistics are far from the only data metric they use to analyze their choices and to decide how to proceed.

I'm certain that a single person with a well-written and concise feedback post has, at one point or another, been all it has taken for them to make a change. Because DE are smart people and are capable of looking at arguments based upon their merit.

I think the extra credits on kill is fine, however I feel it should have been paired with a Status chance buff.

- Doubled Status chance for 6secs upon credit pickup in mission. This would have it paired to synergize with Secura Syndana & a nice play on words in terms of Wealth increasing Status.

A Lecta with a mechanic to achieve 100% status without Weeping Wounds and preferably with only needing 2 Dual-stat mods....would make it top melee for AoE clearing... especially since Whip Quick-melee can be easily used to avoid single target Finishers, thus allowing pairing with Gun AoE procs.

As for high level viability: Normal Lecta out performs Atterax if built around Melee Status strong point.

- Gas with Stealth Multiplier boosting the full duration DoTs.

Does not work with Naramon Shadowstep nor Loki's Invisibility* Which means it has to be paired with Blind/Savage Silence/Rest/Sleep/Dessication ability mechanics

Gas creates AoE Toxin except on melee it is still treating as AoE instant headshot: so instead of 50% damage for ticks it is 100% damage for each tick.

Weapons like Serro or Lecta being Elemental only and achieving 100% status allows Gas Toxin DoTs to build very quickly and when partnered with the 400% Melee Stealth Modifier : Gas is viable even against Sortie Elemental Enhancement or Augmented Armor with no need Corrosive Projection.

For most normal uses and playstyles..yes Atterax is stronger weapon, but not with a dedicated build to capitalize on Status Procs +Stealth Multiplier....it loses out.

Serro in this video: but given Secura Lecta has almost identical stats (75 base damage, 25% status chance, 1.5x Crit multiplier, 5% Crit chance)to Serro bit greater range...I'm sure it would have performed better. Gas DoTs because of they build with AoE just perform better than Slash on terms of Mob/group DPS. Slash is better for single target...but so is a boosted Finisher multiplier from Radiant Finish/Savage Silence.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

For me, all Secura Lecta needs is a small buff; the more credits you have gathered recently, the bigger a damage/reach/status buff it would get. And by recently, I mean 'so long as there are credits gained that are shown on the bottom of the screen'. That way, if you can keep the ball rolling and racking in the cash, you'd get a good source of power, but should you stop, you'll revert to a weaker weapon until you pick up the slack again.

Alternatively, just because most of the Syndicate weapons have effects that activate on a charge attack, this could work; "On Charge Attack, force 100% extra random drop, if the enemy dies". There, your Secura Lecta is now your very own pocket Thief :D

4 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

I think the extra credits on kill is fine, however I feel it should have been paired with a Status chance buff.

- Doubled Status chance for 6secs upon credit pickup in mission. This would have it paired to synergize with Secura Syndana & a nice play on words in terms of Wealth increasing Status.

A Lecta with a mechanic to achieve 100% status without Weeping Wounds and preferably with only needing 2 Dual-stat mods....would make it top melee for AoE clearing... especially since Whip Quick-melee can be easily used to avoid single target Finishers, thus allowing pairing with Gun AoE procs.

As for high level viability: Normal Lecta out performs Atterax if built around Melee Status strong point.

- Gas with Stealth Multiplier boosting the full duration DoTs.

Does not work with Naramon Shadowstep nor Loki's Invisibility* Which means it has to be paired with Blind/Savage Silence/Rest/Sleep/Dessication ability mechanics

Gas creates AoE Toxin except on melee it is still treating as AoE instant headshot: so instead of 50% damage for ticks it is 100% damage for each tick.

Weapons like Serro or Lecta being Elemental only and achieving 100% status allows Gas Toxin DoTs to build very quickly and when partnered with the 400% Melee Stealth Modifier : Gas is viable even against Sortie Elemental Enhancement or Augmented Armor with no need Corrosive Projection.

For most normal uses and playstyles..yes Atterax is stronger weapon, but not with a dedicated build to capitalize on Status Procs +Stealth Multiplier....it loses out.

Serro in this video: but given Secura Lecta has almost identical stats (75 base damage, 25% status chance, 1.5x Crit multiplier, 5% Crit chance)to Serro bit greater range...I'm sure it would have performed better. Gas DoTs because of they build with AoE just perform better than Slash on terms of Mob/group DPS. Slash is better for single target...but so is a boosted Finisher multiplier from Radiant Finish/Savage Silence.

The problem is that that setup is extremely niche and inaccessible for a significant amount of content and playstyles. It should hardly be our main focus when discussing balance.

Furthermore, you can already easily hit 100% status chance with Weeping Wounds, and being able to do so without Weeping Wounds would not be all that much of a buff. The only real purpose of Status weapons is to abuse Gas/Electric procs against the Corpus, or Corrosive against the Grineer. But the latter only works if your weapon has damage enough to kill unarmored targets, which the Lecta lacks. The former works very well, but killing Corpus with just about anything isn't an issue.

2 hours ago, Lyravain said:

For me, all Secura Lecta needs is a small buff; the more credits you have gathered recently, the bigger a damage/reach/status buff it would get. And by recently, I mean 'so long as there are credits gained that are shown on the bottom of the screen'. That way, if you can keep the ball rolling and racking in the cash, you'd get a good source of power, but should you stop, you'll revert to a weaker weapon until you pick up the slack again.

Alternatively, just because most of the Syndicate weapons have effects that activate on a charge attack, this could work; "On Charge Attack, force 100% extra random drop, if the enemy dies". There, your Secura Lecta is now your very own pocket Thief :D

The first suggestion there would be fine. It'd have to have a decent duration to actually be useful, but it could be significant.

The charge attack suggestion, however, is not a very good one. Charge attacks are by their nature slow. Status weapons require speed and tend to lack raw damage. As a result, the Secura Lecta would have a weak charge attack and you wouldn't be able to actually use the passive. Well, except on very low level content, which I suppose would help farming, which is something, but it isn't all that relevant to combat.

53 minutes ago, YagoXiten said:

The problem is that that setup is extremely niche and inaccessible for a significant amount of content and playstyles. It should hardly be our main focus when discussing balance.

Furthermore, you can already easily hit 100% status chance with Weeping Wounds, and being able to do so without Weeping Wounds would not be all that much of a buff. The only real purpose of Status weapons is to abuse Gas/Electric procs against the Corpus, or Corrosive against the Grineer. But the latter only works if your weapon has damage enough to kill unarmored targets, which the Lecta lacks. The former works very well, but killing Corpus with just about anything isn't an issue.

The first suggestion there would be fine. It'd have to have a decent duration to actually be useful, but it could be significant.

Gas Normal Lecta kills Grinner Augmented Armor in Sorties with no Corrosive Projection

Gas Normal Lecta also kills Grinner Elemental Enhancement in Sorties

I did say Melee status procs do not fit most playstyles in my previous post.

Inaros, Banshee, Ivara, Excalibur, Equinox, Oberon, & Mirage are who can exploit Gas Stealth Melee DoTs ; Saryn with Gas Lecta Quick-Melee or  Gas Serro can also stack DoTs at an insane rate

These are Frames that benefit more from Status Stealth Multiplier melee than crit viable melee weapons.

The largest benefit that Secura Lecta would get without needing Weeping Wounds is the access to Red Crits on Slide Attack while still maintaining a Gas  Status build or enhanced attack speed with Berserker.

(Primed Pressure Point, Primed Fury, Primed Reach, Volcanic Edge, Virulent Scourge, Body Count, ________,_______)

Either Weeping Wounds occupies a slot or if 100% status is obtainable because of passive mechanic then a player can slot Maiming Strike & Blood Rush, or Berserker

If those aren't much of a buff...then we we aren't seeing things on the same page.

Even if DE didn't want to create a new mechanic....a base status chance buff from 25% to 45.5% would be most ideal for those that want the option of Status viable melee rather than the more common crit heavy weapons.

If the desire is for the Secura Lecta mechanic to be more beneficial to overall gameplay: the Doubled Status chance Multiplier could be applied to the characters weapons so that merely carrying a Secura Lecta and picking up credits is just status chance buff to all equipped guns.

1 hour ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Gas Normal Lecta kills Grinner Augmented Armor in Sorties with no Corrosive Projection

Gas Normal Lecta also kills Grinner Elemental Enhancement in Sorties

I did say Melee status procs do not fit most playstyles in my previous post.

Inaros, Banshee, Ivara, Excalibur, Equinox, Oberon, & Mirage are who can exploit Gas Stealth Melee DoTs ; Saryn with Gas Lecta Quick-Melee or  Gas Serro can also stack DoTs at an insane rate

These are Frames that benefit more from Status Stealth Multiplier melee than crit viable melee weapons.

The largest benefit that Secura Lecta would get without needing Weeping Wounds is the access to Red Crits on Slide Attack while still maintaining a Gas  Status build or enhanced attack speed with Berserker.

(Primed Pressure Point, Primed Fury, Primed Reach, Volcanic Edge, Virulent Scourge, Body Count, ________,_______)

Either Weeping Wounds occupies a slot or if 100% status is obtainable because of passive mechanic then a player can slot Maiming Strike & Blood Rush, or Berserker

If those aren't much of a buff...then we we aren't seeing things on the same page.

Even if DE didn't want to create a new mechanic....a base status chance buff from 25% to 45.5% would be most ideal for those that want the option of Status viable melee rather than the more common crit heavy weapons.

If the desire is for the Secura Lecta mechanic to be more beneficial to overall gameplay: the Doubled Status chance Multiplier could be applied to the characters weapons so that merely carrying a Secura Lecta and picking up credits is just status chance buff to all equipped guns.

I actually love status weapons and builds, for the record. The loadout I use on Sayrn is Corrosive Mutalist Cernos, Viral Tysis/Pox, and attack speed/crit Shattering Impact Mios. The problem is that it's niche and gimmicky and only viable on those few frames. And you could still do that on the Atterax almost as easily, so it still doesn't make the Secura Lecta stand out...