The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A solution to the biggest problem Mesa has

heskaroid

Mesa, the fastest gunslinger in the universe and can't walk when gunning down things? The heck is this?

Over the time the Mesa mains like me would wonder one thing: Will DE give Mesa the ability to walk while using peacemaker? No, it wont be implemented because that would be game breaking.

I understand that it would break the game to see Mesa walking around while ulting enemies to oblivion so I am going to propose this idea.

An augment.

Yes, I know Mesa's waltz exist but it's only for PvP.

This augment will allow her to walk with peacemaker on while sacrificing one regulator gun. This will of course restrict her movements down to a slow walk. (Thank you first guy who posted here because I forgot to include that!)

Thoughts?

Edited by heskaroid

I've learned to make do by limiting my Peacemaker to short bursts with Parkour in between. I also pseudo move by activating while still flying through the air. You get plenty of movement out of it, at the cost of control once Peacemaker starts.

14 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

Mesa, the fastest gunslinger in the universe and can't walk when gunning down things? The heck is this?

Over the time the Mesa mains like me would wonder one thing: Will DE give Mesa the ability to walk while using peacemaker? No, it wont be implemented because that would be game breaking.

I understand that it would break the game to see Mesa walking around while ulting enemies to oblivion so I am going to propose this idea.

An augment.

Yes, I know Mesa's waltz exist but it's only for PvP.

This augment will allow her to walk with peacemaker on while sacrificing one regulator gun.

Thoughts?

It would have been game breaking back when she was an absolute aimbot with high energy consumption. But now with the fact she has to aim, giving her movement would turn her into a higher damaging Ivara with the cost of not being able to reactivate abilities IIRC and a much higher energy consumption

Giving her movement, not restricted movement (think Wukong, Excalibur, and everyone else with "exalted" weapon ults, they can run around all damn day), would make her a strong warframe, not a broken one.

Her nerf has left Mesa practically dead in the water, I havent seen one outside of relays in months, making her strong again would be a good change for the game 

Edited by (PS4)official_79
had to change one of the sentences

Just now, (PS4)official_79 said:

It would have been game breaking back when she was an absolute aimbot with high energy consumption. But now with the fact she has to aim, she cant keep up with all of the enemies piling around her if they come in too quick, leaving her even more vulnerable due to the fact she stays still.

Giving her movement, not restricted movement (think Wukong, Excalibur, and everyone else with "exalted" weapon ults, they can run around all damn day), would make her a strong warframe, not a broken one.

Her nerf has left Mesa practically dead in the water, I havent seen one outside of relays in months, making her strong again would be a good change for the game 

Mesa IS a good warframe, heck, even the best out there.

All the buffs she had were pretty much the 3 holy trinities that revived her. The aimbot itself was never needed and her ult scales with secondary weapons, hell, combine Toxocyst and she'll transform into an embodiment of a MG-42.

The users, both mesa players and the ones that don't play her that much knows that buffing her ult even more by applying movement would make her a broken as hell warframe. So the better alternative solution is an augment. 

1 minute ago, heskaroid said:

All the buffs she had were pretty much the 3 holy trinities that revived her. The aimbot itself was never needed and her ult scales with secondary weapons, hell, combine Toxocyst and she'll transform into an embodiment of a MG-42.

The users, both mesa players and the ones that don't play her that much knows that buffing her ult even more by applying movement would make her a broken as hell warframe. So the better alternative solution is an augment. 

You may have to reread my message, I edited the first few sentences that I forgot to change it out lol.

Would it hurt to simply see if movement would make her a "broken as hell" warframe? The only way we could really see if its broken or not is to test it out

8 minutes ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

It would have been game breaking back when she was an absolute aimbot with high energy consumption. But now with the fact she has to aim, giving her movement would turn her into a higher damaging Ivara with the cost of not being able to reactivate abilities IIRC and a much higher energy consumption

have you even played mesa? giving her unrestricted movement would be completely broken, she already doesn't need to move to obliterate everything in whatever general direction you're "aiming", the removal of the total aoe aimbot she used to have doesn't matter at all with how much damage she can do now, also I see plenty of mesas in pubs

Just now, (PS4)official_79 said:

You may have to reread my message, I edited the first few sentences that I forgot to change it out lol.

Would it hurt to simply see if movement would make her a "broken as hell" warframe? The only way we could really see if its broken or not is to test it out

From experience, I am obliged to tell you that it will make her broken.

1 minute ago, VinDanger said:

have you even played mesa? giving her unrestricted movement would be completely broken, she already doesn't need to move to obliterate everything in whatever general direction you're "aiming", the removal of the total aoe aimbot she used to have doesn't matter at all with how much damage she can do now, also I see plenty of mesas in pubs

Of course I've played Mesa, pre-rework and post. I distinctively remember her aim focusing down to a certain point, forcing you to aim very similar to other weapons after prolonged use. 

Okay now lets be honest here an aimbot is the most efficient thing you could have in any game period. Combining that with movement would be broken. Giving her movement now would leave her with her with high damage at the cost of high energy consumption, add in the fact you have to aim and that sounds pretty balanced to me. If movement would be so OP limit it to running. no sliding, bullet jumps, etc.

You guys are basically wanting an Assimilate augment, but for Mesa's Peacemaker. Which I am 100% okay with. But just walking. No sprinting or Parkour while Peacemaker is active.

Somewhat related: I'd love to see the 50% speed get axed from Assimilate. Just walking speed is slow enough if you cant do anything beyond that.

I know that not many people want this version, but the way I'd set up Peacemaker is have her only be able to walk and jump while peacemaker is active (See the absorb augment as a reference) then allow the user FULL control of one pistol, while the other is 100%, 360 degree auto aim, then have the energy drain go off of whenever a shot is fired.