The Second Stream Podcast: Episode 3

[DE]Drew

The Second Stream   

535 members have voted

1. 1. Did the snapshot of missions played surprise you? (check image below if you did not watch Devstream 80)

• Yes, some of those numbers suprise me.
    • No, those numbers are roughly what I expected.
    • Other (post an explanation below).
    • No opinion on this topic.
  2. 2. Universal Vacuum is coming! What do you think?

• I think that's great! Other companions will see much more play.
    • I think it shouldn't be universal. Leave it for Carrier only.
  3. 3. Spear Gun is coming as a new primary type! What's your first impression?

• Looks promising!
    • Not very interested in Spear guns.
    • Not sure yet - need more information.
    • Will it take me a million light years from home?
  4. 4. We've hinted at a new Syndicate system that will allow you to hunt or save VIPs. Which option interests you more?

• Kill all VIPs!
    • #SaveTheVIPs!
    • Death for some, salvation for others!

This poll is closed to new votes

9MdBF2s.jpg

We had a two-week break because we were away at PAX West earlier in the month, but we have another episode of The Second Stream for you now on Soundcloud, Google Play, and iTunes! Topics for this week include: mission stats, universal vacuum, Ayatan treasures, the new spear primary, all sorts of discussion about the elusive The War Within update, and more!  Join the conversation by leaving a comment on Soundcloud or on the forums. If you're listening on iTunes, please rate and review! Subscribe wherever you like to listen so you automatically receive new episodes when they release every month. To hear more from our guests, click the links below!

Guests:
AGGP - https://youtube.com/agayguyplays

H3dsh0t - https://www.youtube.com/c/h3dsh0t

TGDM - http://www.tennoclocknews.com

Snapshot of missions played:

Spoiler

zbC8BWp.png

Also available on iTunes & Google Music!

IMO, in such a fast paced game, vacuum should be something innate in all warframes.

Sure, some time ago when the movement was much slower it was ok, but now with all the bullet jumping and such it's hurting the pace of the game to run around and pick up every drop.

1. Not at all surprised about the mission stats. That being said, something is very obvious when looking at it: I don't think Archwing is where it needs to be. It's probably no secret to everyone that I am an Archwing advocate due to how many threads I make on the topic, but I would be lying if I said Archwing was perfect. Archwing is not only not in a very good place as a whole, but it is also one of the least played mission types. Archwing should really be getting more love, not only with its mechanics and gamemodes, but also how it is integrated into the main game itself. 
  2. Still too early for me to say anything positive or negative on Universal Vacuum. I'll wait until it either comes out or the Dev Workshop on the subject is released with more details.
  3. Spear Gun looks very interesting, but as with Universal Vacuum, it's still too early. That being said, me being a pretty much dedicated melee player, it makes me think of some interesting points to make about melee as a whole, in that although it's in a good spot, it's nowhere near perfect. I wouldn't mind both a rework of melee combos as well as some sort of system that integrates both primary/secondary and melee beyond just gunblades. Can never hurt to experiment with Bloodborne's trick weapons.
  4. As a big fan of Shadow of Mordor, I am very excited (but also cautiously optimistic) about this "Nemesis System". The way it worked in SoM was genuinely amazing and definitely the highlight of the game, but the question here is: Will this system work with Warframe's very different style of gameplay? 

1. The chart is roughly as expected, given how it seems to be showing frequency of new missions - not the time spent in each mission otherwise i imagine survival spearheading that chart right next to defense and excavation.

2. Can't say what won't already be said a hundred times, 'universal' vacuum being split into three mod slots to absorb other useful/ essential sentinel survivability mods is far too obtuse for trying to make a compromise of the issue. one mod is all you'd want, whether it conflicts with the 'essential mods' debate or not. this in-between phase seems to be put here to ease in for when mods are overhauled for dmg 3.0 but it would be changed again in that advent regardless.

...just an added point, my most used sentinel is wyrm - this is not a complaint from the carrier master race, this is someone ok with picking up loot manually and I still think this is redundantly segmented.

3. Gonna need to see more of that tenno spear gun design but nonetheless i am impressed with the animation and art teams work.

4. Hints are hints, i'll contain my hype to the release of the content

Spoiler

...something something TWW something something... 

Edited by -CM-Phantom

I am glad that the universal vacuum will let us use a wider variety of companions without feeling like we are losing out on loot. I don't like the idea of it being split into three mods though. As it is companions need a lot of mods to be viable so not really possible to make room for multiple new mods without damaging their survivability or damage or both. I do hope that whatever we end up with can be used for all types of companions. The biggest reason we need the vacuum ability is due to loot getting stuck where we can't reach it otherwise due to bugs. (Like the loot way in the air that happens in Orokin Derelict Defense.)

2. Universal Vacuum is coming! What do you think?

It either needs to be one universal companion mod for all sentinels & dogs/cats, or make the Warframes themselves vac up the items, either choice needs to be just as effective as the current Vacuum.

Splitting it into 3 mods is just inconvenient and unnecessarily complicated for a simple solution.

Other than that, it will be nice to be able to use something else for a change.

According to missions played this is Off topic but i'll drop my 2 cent here as well, it would be nice to have higher lvl nodes ( 80+ ) like the rathuum arena, so our overpowered formaed weapons can start having fun right after the beginning without waiting for 50 minutes in a survival before getting to see some juicy lvl's 100... said nodes shouldn't include requisites for junctions so new players don't find a particulary harsh time, but the oldies can go there and have the feeling we're not fighting paper enemies but we get to shoot at something stronger.

wait, we can't listen to the stream on the forums now? I don't want to listen to them on itunes >.> 

imo, your vacuum solution won't make me use other sentinels still, carrier's new mod will be as good if not better than vacuum, I can still use vaccum on carrier, and free up a mod slot on my ammo-hungry weapons since he'll get awesome ammo buffs to my weapons 

at least you should look at other sentinels too. the smeeta kavat was and still is a good competition against carrier, since smeeta has good mods and buffs, that's why, in addition to changing carrier, you should change the other sentinels as well 

Edited by Kenshin98

Universal vacuum should be innate to the Warframes.  Make it a smaller radius if you must, but it should be independent of any companions or sentinels.  I look at it this way:  The enemy was killed, so the loot it dropped was earned.  Making me run over just the right patch of ground to get it if pointless busywork in a fast-paced action game.  Running near it is fine, but the current sytsem when not using a Carrier is more annoying than it needs to be and does not add anything to the game.

Breaking the precept into 3 different mods is not a quality of life improvement.  It is taking a thing that works well and making it worse.  If you must keep it on sentinels, just make the current mod universal.  That would be an improvement.

I like the idea for the Carrier though.  It gives you a strategic choice to bring a weapon that isn't ammo efficient because you have a support system for it.

The biggest surprise to me from that chart is that people spend more time in raids than conclave on average. Especially since conclave take up half the patch notes every time, and requires massive amounts of rebalancing every time new gear comes out. 

1. Did the snapshot of missions played surprise you?

Not in particular, it looks about what i expected. what did suprise me was the 6.4% for Quest. i was thinking it would be lower. then again, i suppose its because titania is still a relatively new quest?

2. Universal Vacuum is coming! What do you think?

While i'm not against the idea of universal vacuum, the suggested idea of splitting into 3 mods sounds terrible. Both Sentinels and pets suffer from extremely limited modding capability (sentinels survivability mods + their precepts, Pets with added attack/precepts/survivability mods in v. limited mod slots) so having vaccum split into 3 mods would signifcantly affect their performance.

perhaps its rather selfish for me to say this, but i rather maintain the status quo if the 3-mod system is the next best thing.

3. Spear Gun is coming as a new primary type! What's your first impression?

the design of the weapon looks good. i'm looking forward to its implementation.

4. We've hinted at a new Syndicate system that will allow you to hunt or save VIPs. Which option interests you more?

both. though some concerns was raised in the forums on how it was going to be implemented. regardless, i believe its still early days for me to decide if this is a good idea or not.