The Second Stream Podcast: Episode 3

[DE]Drew

The Second Stream   

535 members have voted

1. 1. Did the snapshot of missions played surprise you? (check image below if you did not watch Devstream 80)

• Yes, some of those numbers suprise me.
    • No, those numbers are roughly what I expected.
    • Other (post an explanation below).
    • No opinion on this topic.
  2. 2. Universal Vacuum is coming! What do you think?

• I think that's great! Other companions will see much more play.
    • I think it shouldn't be universal. Leave it for Carrier only.
  3. 3. Spear Gun is coming as a new primary type! What's your first impression?

• Looks promising!
    • Not very interested in Spear guns.
    • Not sure yet - need more information.
    • Will it take me a million light years from home?
  4. 4. We've hinted at a new Syndicate system that will allow you to hunt or save VIPs. Which option interests you more?

• Kill all VIPs!
    • #SaveTheVIPs!
    • Death for some, salvation for others!

This poll is closed to new votes

Universal Vacuum is coming! What do you think?

Could have been good, however from whats been said its not actually going to be. Splitting it into three separate mods is just silly. Just Unbind it from Carrier and make it a general mod for all sentinels

Edited by AzureTerra

regarding Universal Vacuum: I think the idea of making it universal for all Sentinels is good, but splitting it into three mods is not. it will just mean that sentinels, being squishy as hell, will have less space for survival mods, meaning we are back to Carrier (Prime) as being used most, because of his effective health. I'd rather keep Vacuum as is, than have it split up.

Edited by Rawbeard

The Snapshot

While surprising I think it really speaks to how players want to approach missions within a given time frame, mostly this kind of statistical comment pertains to endless missions that don't offer players the option to leave on their own.  I had commented on this in feedback at one point and I will be commenting on it in the Mission Idea Sandbox as well as submitting my own idea: Survival and Excavation seem like they could benefit from allowing individual players in random public gatherings  to leave instead of having to invest 15 more minutes than they wanted, or even two players being forced to leave by two other players. 

Vacuum

Cool, I look forward to what players do with this.  I am not a big Carrier user so I do not have bias on the subject and while I would be happy to have different builds with 1 or 2 of the 3 assorted Vacuum mods, I can be comfortable siding with others that request breaking it into two mods instead of 3.

VIPS

I enjoyed the details that were shared about this new system/idea.  I hope if someone at DE manages to see this that a cool aspect that I recall from the system (maybe incorrectly) that could happen with Warframe's version is with VIPs a player fails to kill or convert the first time they might start attacking the player in their missions?  Almost a consequence to their failure in addition to them becoming stronger on the second attempt to kill/convert them.

Vacuum:
I'd love to see Vacuum as one mod for all companions. Also Carriers, Deathcubes, Djinns Abilities may need a revisit.

About the Mission distribution:
Most of them did suprise me. That survival and excavation is so low is sad. It's kinda a shame. I guess Defense is probably 50% Hydron alone.
Hope to see some changes on endless missions.

Speers:
Let us see the values and implementation. Goa'uld unite!

VIP Hunts:
Lore reasons? The Problems are that the consequences are kinda lacking.. you end up saving someones &#! all the time without feeling impact on the game.
Still looking forward to it.

2. Universal Vacuum is coming! What do you think?

i think universal vacuum is much much needed in the fast paced looter parkour shooter that is warframe.

however the proposed solution is not only a step back from what we have now but it doesn't include kubrows/kavats so it's far from universal.

my suggestion is to make vacuum innate to warframes for loot (resources, mods, endo, bp's) so i can actually choose any companion or none and have a pleasant gaming experience. give carrier vacuum/conversion for ammo, health, energy and he will have a clear support oriented role. chesa can remain unchanged since it targets priority stuff (right?) for you in bigger range and it's cute in a way.

being one of the regular carrier users i hunted for syndicate medallions this week with my smeeta in solo mode (so 1/4 of enemies and drops that occur in a full squad?) and i must say the game without vacuum is terribly tedious and tiring my eyes to such a degree that i had to shorten my gaming sessions. if DE thinks this makes users play more i hope they think again because maybe it's having the opposite effect.

i'd like to point out if anyone at DE is concerned that giving innate warframe vacuum might lessen the grind needed for balance, 90% of players are already using it so presumably the impact would be 10%. BUT 90% of your playerbase will enjoy the game MORE and while we understand accept the need for grind in this f2p model, this change will make it FEEL a lot better without actually making it much less. making players miss out on drops from killed enemies is not a nice way to balance imho. please if 10% is that much of a concern find a better more subtle way of balancing resources like say directly from drop tables.

artificially extending gameplay via frustration (missing out on drops) works to a degree but i don't think it should be directly tied to the reward part at all. imho adding frustration to the reward part makes players feel like they wasted time why would you want that? that trigger fits well with a challenge related task. in other words if this is a technique used to make me play more it's applied to the wrong part of the game if the game is made of challenge+reward. apply it to the challenge part of the game and you're golden.

maybe connect the dots is tolerable for 10 void traces but making that much of the game (thousands of drops?) about this is mind numbingly tedious and really takes away valuable screen time from other much better interactions this game has to offer.

believe it or not after 3 years of playing i'm still amazed at the beauty of this game and grateful (thank you DE) i can play it but really connect the dots? why is that fun tied to loot? 90% of your playerbase is telling you it's not ...

Edited by ..atom..

1. i'm not surprised at all that defense / capture / extermination are first, but I am surprised that excavation isn't the most played mission type (since it's the most rewarding one)
  2. Universal vacuum won't save other sentinels, they're still nowhere compared to carrier regarding tankyness & dps. Having vacuum on all sentinels won't make me play death cube for example, however I like the idea of having it on my diriga.
  3. I want more info, but it looks neat so far
  4. No opinion yet, I just hope it's at least rewarding since there is a risk of losing standing. Oh wait, I do have an opinion, stop making more content and give us damage 3.0 already. There isn't even any risk of losing standing for high level players since we can deal hundreds of thousands of damage per sec. Even that poor capture target doesn't stand a chance against a not modded tigris
Edited by Trichouette

1: Trails had higher % than conclave. De makes lunaro. Players complain about no endgame. >.>

2: Your idea of vacuum is a nerf. 3 mods to do the same thing carrier does now. If you ignore carriers 2 new precepts you can't even use carrier the same way you do now. Would prefer a toggle option for vacuum in the settings. Then if you want your 3 mods can be toggles as well. Vacuum on/off. Mods/endo on/off. credits/resources on/off. energy/hp on / off.

3. Hopefully its fun and has decent enough stats to be more than mastery fodder. Looks cool though.

4. I would like to slaughter them all. But I'll do w/e gives me the most points or resources towards the grind that the it's going to be tied to.

I was surprised at how so much people play mobile-defense, i rarely play it myself. Very surprised as well with the excavation missions, i thought that number would be way higher, given the fact that it's now the best way to farm relics and endo. The others mission percentages were more or less expected to me.

I like to see this kind of statistics being released, it not only shows honesty from the devs in not hiding the real state of the game, but it's also useful for the community to base it's feedback on real data. 

Edited by MasterNalgas

Kind of uneventful this time around.

Thought that Survival would be more popular, but other than that the mission chart didn't surprise me in the slightest. However, I feel like the Archwing variations of missions should have been tallied separately from their main missions. Lumping that information together only veils the truth, even if that truth isn't a big deal.

Here's a question: Why bind vacuum to companions at all? Why not just make it a basic feature innate to all Warframes, and not based upon a companion? We move so fast and resources can be hard to see, especially now with them having unique models which have a variety of different silhouettes. Then, make a mod for mobile companions, like Kavats and Kubrows, to pick up resources for you. Binding the vacuum to companions just isn't streamlining the system in the proper way.

I have no idea what the 'Spear' gun is supposed to be. I've heard a variety of vague, non-descript statements that it's a spear that also acts as a gun, but that doesn't tell me what it shoots, why I would throw it over shooting it, or why it's a primary. Honestly, and not to rag on the devs at all, but it just sounds dull and unable to find self identity. It makes me question why Primary weapons are always two-handed guns, Secondary weapons are always one-handed guns (or dual wield), and why Tertiary are always melee, when the roles of these weapons are not balanced like that.

I have to admit, I'm going to just play Syndicate VIP assassination/defense like once, and never play the system again. If all I get is more syndicate standing, then the reward is already not worth it. If it plays anything like present Assassination/VIP Defense, then it's already a boring prospect, especially if the Syndicate VIP's have generic methods of opposing us. I'm already imagining mechanics crossbred from the Rathuum Arenas and the Acolytes, and given the only ways that I died to either of those things was through the stun-locking of my character, I can't say I expect any better from the Syndicate VIPs.

As such, the only thing I have to look forward to is The War Within, which isn't coming out any time soon. So, I guess I'll be off doing other things in the meantime.

While the Speargun type is certainly interesting, I would say we have quite enough different Weapon classes, especially since every new class is so much work.

I would rather see new weapons for classes that don't have many weapons yet.

Like Rapiers, Sparring, Tonfas, etc. in meele.

Rockcket-Launchers, Flamethrowers, Harpoonguns and maybe something Phage-like for primary.

Something along the lines of Stug, Thysys and Sonicor for secondary.

I would also really like a full-sized scythe, the ones we have feel way to much like Pickaxes for my taste XD