Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New update causes FPS drop?

Eikthyrnir_

Hello Everyone with the same problem as i have recently developed, i started with FPS drops around the Syndicate melee update, with that i searched for answers, and tested many tests, i can confirm that using nekros prime does cause some FPS drops for other players including yourself, now im not too sure if anyone else has this problem, but starting any mission and then running around in spawn area shooting and melee for about 3-5 minutes cleans up the FPS drop and a the rest of mission runs smoothly, i ran Warframe in Borderless Fullscreen, and had some improvement, then turned off reverb in audio with some slight improvement, then used fullscreen with it with same results, wondered if weapons caused and FPS drop (i using a soma prime with split chamber) ran around shooting the weapon, had some slight effect, now, for me, the beginning of a mission you can walk around fine, but when you open fire, you can only fire a bullet per frame, i do this and throw in a melee or two, and shortly its cleaned up, i then proceeded to play a diffrent warframe, (Volt Prime for example) and i was able to shoot 5-10 bullets per frame, i have yet to try the same scenarios in Directx 10 and 11, my specs are Radeon R7 200 series with 8GB of RAM, before syndicate melee i ran the game smoother than butter on toast, after wards, experienced some casualties. this is what ive discovered so far, i have yet to discover more.......

Edited by ProWithStandards

UPDATE: Now before you go criticizing DE, perform a test to see if it is also your computer and not just warframe, for the test, run a high CPU usage game, and then a Low CPU usage game, for my High CPU i did Shadow of Mordor, and for my low, i did Garrys mod, now when testing it, try running around, starting fights, or anything to causes FPS to raise....or lower, once you have found out what happens and if it preformed excellent on both tests, then it is warframe that is having issues, and hopefully DE with release a patch for it soon, if the tests performed poorly, then check your RAM and your drivers, For AMD users, simply go to Radeon Settings and see if you can update your drivers (Graphics card), i dont know where or how to check and/or update display drivers for GTX users, sorry mates.

Now, RAM, warframe likes it alot.....so does rhino...heh heh, before the update i had 8GB of RAM and was running warframe very smoothly, afterwards, not so much, the two ways i know are to go into your computer and delete some stuff/games you havent opened and uninstall it, also running programs in the background can chew up RAM, before i was running skype and warframe at the same time and it was very well running, still is, warframe isnt so smooth now, i also tested it without skype, FPS drop still perceived.

The other way is to buy two 8GB RAM sticks and install them in your computer, this along with combined upgraded drivers (updated or bought new ones) should work, but after all this work and hopefully as little cash burning as possible, if the problem still continues, then we will just have to wait for DE to release a patch.

thank you for scanning your eyeballs on this probably useless tab of information, but i will still continue to research ways to fine tuning your warframe like it was before.