Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm actually ok with the power of the synoid simulor, my problem lies elsewhere

JohnMorte

My main problem with warframe right now is the fact that many of my weapons are just useless compared to it. For example, my most forma'd primary weapons in my inventory are the Vaykor Hek (5), Tonkor (5), Amprex (5), and the Ignis (4). At 0 forma, the synoid simulor outshines all of them when it comes to handling mobs. (Vaykor hek isn't really a mob killer, but

My ideal solution is to simply buff underused and unloved weapons instead of nerfing simulor. I put time and effort into forma'ing all of them, so the simulor right now is where I imagined a mob destroying weapon like the amprex or the ignis should be.

The % of weapons that need buffs are just much higher than ones that deserve nerfs. Has anyone actually seen someone running the Prisma Gorgon beyond just leveling it?

I take synoid simulor in sorties to mow down sortie mobs. I could never take my amprex or ignis in sorties. They're assigned to permanent level 25 and below mobs until further notice. Which is sad, considering the love I put into them.

13 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Tbh. You know a weapon is too strong when it shines unformad over a formad  VHek and Tonkor :|

Really though, Buffing the many is just to much work compared to nerfing the few.

that isn't an excuse. "its too much work" is not an excuse for a majority of the weapons in this game to be vastly inferior to a small number of weapons.

the solution is to make those weapons decent (they don't have to be simulor levels of good but good enough to do their jobs reliably)

25 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

No need to nerf Simulor's damage, it's enough to just make it self-damaging weapon for smarter use.

But doesn't it have more AOE effect than range ?

I mean, it hits in a very large area and you can only shoot the balls 15m away, seems to me like that would mean "self damage for each shot"

2 minutes ago, 3goats said:

that isn't an excuse. "its too much work" is not an excuse for a majority of the weapons in this game to be vastly inferior to a small number of weapons.

the solution is to make those weapons decent (they don't have to be simulor levels of good but good enough to do their jobs reliably)

And other weapons are inferior is no excuse to leave something OP either. Take a middle ground and balance around that. Weak weapons up and yes, OP weapons down. That is the best way to obtain at least a form of balance with the least amount of time taken away from other projects.

Balancing around the top % is a really bad idea.

6 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

I mean, it hits in a very large area and you can only shoot the balls 15m away, seems to me like that would mean "self damage for each shot"

Yeah, giving self-damage to Synmulor would be the most stupid idea in the history of game design .-. A weapon that guarantees your death upon firing more than 2 shots, *clap clap*

5 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

And other weapons are inferior is no excuse to leave something OP either. Take a middle ground and balance around that. Weak weapons up and yes, OP weapons down. That is the best way to obtain at least a form of balance with the least amount of time taken away from other projects.

^ This.

9 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Yeah, giving self-damage to Synmulor would be the most stupid idea in the history of game design .-. A weapon that guarantees your death upon firing more than 2 shots, *clap clap*

Funny, that's what happen when I fire the kulstar

"I see you have the kulstar in your hand, it would be a shame if... Someone happened to... pass right in front of you as you press the trigger..." D.E.D

Even my chroma 6k+ armor instantly dies :D

Every so often, we'll come back to this about other weapons and, if all get buffed, we'll just keep getting stronger and stronger until we get a WoW situation.

Buffing the many is NOT the solution, it'll break the game. What we need is proper mastery locks for ALL weapons so the powercreep is spread out.

Wait Synoid Simulor was over buffed variant of regular Synoid:

Farther Projectile travel, larger AoE explosion plus Syndicate Proc, larger mag size, faster Fire-rate & faster reload

Literally removed all the balancing downsides of the regular Simulor.

Regular Simulor was like a Penta side-grade in terms of AoE effectiveness

Synod variant went over the top.

Weapons should not be buffed to Synoid Simulor level.

55 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

i dont personally think that synoid simulor is OP. its where my weapons that are specifically designed to take out mobs SHOULD be at.

I take my ogris to sorties, the first one of the three, it works with Inaros. But yes lot of weapons are just not able to do anything past a certain level of mobs, and a lot of them, and it was already like that one year ago at least.

I haven't seen anything from the dev about that, and now they're too busy with the war within big thing. Putting the worst weapons to a decent level and get down a little the most op one would be better than putting everything at the level of effectiveness of the synoid simulor, it would make the game boring very quickly.

11 minutes ago, Kiddoomer said:

I take my ogris to sorties, the first one of the three, it works with Inaros. But yes lot of weapons are just not able to do anything past a certain level of mobs, and a lot of them, and it was already like that one year ago at least.

I haven't seen anything from the dev about that, and now they're too busy with the war within big thing. Putting the worst weapons to a decent level and get down a little the most op one would be better than putting everything at the level of effectiveness of the synoid simulor, it would make the game boring very quickly.

DE intends to do weapon balance, enemy scaling and mandatory mods in one go. Dont think they will do much about weapon balance in the meantime.

2 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Ofc self-damaging AoE should be reduced.

14 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

It's still a bad suggestion for a weapon that deal damage in big areas AND damage over time in said areas.

Either you don't take damage uppon firing because the self damage range is shorter than the firing range, either you always do.

3 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Funny, that's what happen when I fire the kulstar

"I see you have the kulstar in your hand, it would be a shame if... Someone happened to... pass right in front of you as you press the trigger..." D.E.D

Even my chroma 6k+ armor instantly dies :D

That's exactly the most annoying thing about the Kulstar... Blowing yourself up because your TEAMMATES decide it would be so fun to rush past you and then wondering why you are lying on the floor, bleeding out.

1 hour ago, Ksaero said:

Uh... I foresee a big problem with that.... Since the Simulor has no real visual indicator on how big the explosion or DoT-AoE is, it would cause a lot of grief, even if the damage is reduced.

46 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

It's still a bad suggestion for a weapon that deal damage in big areas AND damage over time in said areas.

Either you don't take damage upon firing because the self damage range is shorter than the firing range, either you always do.

The problem with introducing self-damage to Simulor is that you either had to reduce the range of the AoE, or increase the firing range of the balls, or even both. Honestly, I hope that this isn't implemented, because I think self-damage is shullbit in general, with how much damage you can deal to yourself. Maybe it would be much more agreeable if you would set it to a cap like maybe 10-15% it would be noticeable enough to ensure that you don't fire your weapons willy-nilly-across-the-board but think-before-you-shoot.

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

Either you don't take damage uppon firing because the self damage range is shorter than the firing range, either you always do.

Well, if self-damaging aspect is too hard to implement, there are other ways of nerfing Simulor. For example, reduce firing speed down to, let's say, Opticor level. This would surely help with the spamming issue.

1 hour ago, Ksaero said:

Well, if self-damaging aspect is too hard to implement, there are other ways of nerfing Simulor. For example, reduce firing speed down to, let's say, Opticor level. This would surely help with the spamming issue.

Isn't it already at the same firing speed as the Opticor on an unmodded level? Anways, reducing the fire speed is a bit "eh", since the single shots do no damage themselves.

Another acceptable nerf would be decreasing the magazine size to maybe 8 rounds at max, that way you can still make two Vortices before having to reload.

Though speaking of the Opticor made me think: What if we change the trigger to charge? A full charge creates the standard Vortex, while a lower charge only creates a projectile that explodes on impact but deals way less damage than a fully charged shot. You could also make it so, that the bigger charge shot consumes more ammo.

11 hours ago, 3goats said:

My main problem with warframe right now is the fact that many of my weapons are just useless compared to it. For example, my most forma'd primary weapons in my inventory are the Vaykor Hek (5), Tonkor (5), Amprex (5), and the Ignis (4).

Honestly no. take your time to reach a level where it does really matter what weapon you have and you'll see that no aoe weapon and almost nothing even in the other categories outshines the tonkor and certainly not the synoid, the vaykor hek is debatable since while it does hold up better in endless than the synoid it's not aoe, the amprex and specially the ignis on the other hand are really old weapons that have been power creeped ages ago, and i do agree that they need a buff.

imho the simulor is a fairly boring gun and i just dont see how it could work without being op and i'd rather see it reworked in a mini version of this but this is just me being me.

Edited by bl4ckhunter

11 hours ago, 3goats said:

My main problem with warframe right now is the fact that many of my weapons are just useless compared to it. For example, my most forma'd primary weapons in my inventory are the Vaykor Hek (5), Tonkor (5), Amprex (5), and the Ignis (4). At 0 forma, the synoid simulor outshines all of them when it comes to handling mobs. (Vaykor hek isn't really a mob killer, but

My ideal solution is to simply buff underused and unloved weapons instead of nerfing simulor. I put time and effort into forma'ing all of them, so the simulor right now is where I imagined a mob destroying weapon like the amprex or the ignis should be.

The % of weapons that need buffs are just much higher than ones that deserve nerfs. Has anyone actually seen someone running the Prisma Gorgon beyond just leveling it?

I take synoid simulor in sorties to mow down sortie mobs. I could never take my amprex or ignis in sorties. They're assigned to permanent level 25 and below mobs until further notice. Which is sad, considering the love I put into them.

Rofl, both Ignis and Amprex are fine weapons in Sorties.  Overpowered weapons are why we have bullS#&$ Sortie-level missions in the first place.  Player damage needs to be toned down and enemies adjusted accordingly so that we can finally eliminate the 1-shot BS already.  

Honestly those weapons you mentioned are great. Also i can kill any sortie boss faster with a status slash tigris P then a synoid simulor.... just sayin'

I do understand where you coming from but your thread title is a tad misleading, you actually are not ok with synoid simulors power by virtue of your primary weapons being overshadowed by it.

Edited by Skaleek