Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm actually ok with the power of the synoid simulor, my problem lies elsewhere

JohnMorte

how do you think we end up in these situations in the first place? (of Enemies that you click on and you win regardless of what they are, Weapons wildly out of balance all over the place like a scatter plot)

by willy nilly 'buffing' random things because we feel like it. that's how we got here. more of it surely isn't going to fix that.
no, only increases and decreases where appropriate, would fix that.

12 hours ago, 3goats said:

My main problem with warframe right now is the fact that many of my weapons are just useless compared to it. For example, my most forma'd primary weapons in my inventory are the Vaykor Hek (5), Tonkor (5), Amprex (5), and the Ignis (4). At 0 forma, the synoid simulor outshines all of them when it comes to handling mobs. (Vaykor hek isn't really a mob killer, but

My ideal solution is to simply buff underused and unloved weapons instead of nerfing simulor. I put time and effort into forma'ing all of them, so the simulor right now is where I imagined a mob destroying weapon like the amprex or the ignis should be.

The % of weapons that need buffs are just much higher than ones that deserve nerfs. Has anyone actually seen someone running the Prisma Gorgon beyond just leveling it?

I take synoid simulor in sorties to mow down sortie mobs. I could never take my amprex or ignis in sorties. They're assigned to permanent level 25 and below mobs until further notice. Which is sad, considering the love I put into them.

The problem with the simulor is that it is a literally a no skill weapon. The amprex made you at least aim the initial beam. The tonkor has an arc. The penta had the threat of self-destruction, etc. 

The ideal way of dealing with the simulor would be to limit the number of orbs it can have out to two or three at any one time. and give it a charge, simular (pun-intended) to bows or the opticor for each orb.  

the problem with the synoid simulor is not that it's damage is way larger than other weapons, so nerfing it's damage or buffing underused weapon's damage won't help.  the problem with it is that is has something like a 15m AOE, which is larger than any other weapon in the entire game and a good portion of warframe abilities. not only that, but it doesn't require any thought to use - you can just spam click over and over and over, which is especially effective when using frames like mirage where every left click automatically charges the orbs up to full.

like @DesecratedFlame mentioned, an ideal balancing strategy would be to change the basic mechanics of the weapon. i like the idea of a charged orb, and possibly remove the orb stacking? so you get maybe the charge time of an unmodded bow or opticor, but the orb immediately detonates/forms a vortex when it reaches the maximum range or hits an enemy. that way the damage potential still stays, the insane AOE still stays, but you can't just jump around spamming left click anymore

On 20/09/2016 at 5:29 PM, 3goats said:

I take synoid simulor in sorties to mow down sortie mobs. I could never take my amprex or ignis in sorties. They're assigned to permanent level 25 and below mobs until further notice. Which is sad, considering the love I put into them.

You should not be able to "mow down" Sortie level enemies in ANY way. Then you ask "please make ALL my weapons mow down Sortie enemies".

I can kill things fine with a Zero Forma thrown Glaive to level 30, so you are not having trouble with "level 25 and below mobs" with MULTIPLE FORMA primary weapons, and making it sound like you do to push your agenda of "buff all my stuff" is not even remotely convincing.

On 22/09/2016 at 4:03 AM, marshmellory said:

the problem with the synoid simulor is not that it's damage is way larger than other weapons, so nerfing it's damage or buffing underused weapon's damage won't help.  the problem with it is that is has something like a 15m AOE, which is larger than any other weapon in the entire game and a good portion of warframe abilities. not only that, but it doesn't require any thought to use - you can just spam click over and over and over, which is especially effective when using frames like mirage where every left click automatically charges the orbs up to full.

like @DesecratedFlame mentioned, an ideal balancing strategy would be to change the basic mechanics of the weapon. i like the idea of a charged orb, and possibly remove the orb stacking? so you get maybe the charge time of an unmodded bow or opticor, but the orb immediately detonates/forms a vortex when it reaches the maximum range or hits an enemy. that way the damage potential still stays, the insane AOE still stays, but you can't just jump around spamming left click anymore

Secondary fire button should open a large Black Vortex.

Primary fire should launch a 1 meter large white energy sphere, that makes anything it hits bounce off with the same physics as ... errr ... snooker balls.

Ok, so I gave away the game with that last bit.

"Heavy Gunner! Center Pocket!" *Whooooossssssh*.

... 3 points.

18 hours ago, DSpite said:

You should not be able to "mow down" Sortie level enemies in ANY way. Then you ask "please make ALL my weapons mow down Sortie enemies".

I can kill things fine with a Zero Forma thrown Glaive to level 30, so you are not having trouble with "level 25 and below mobs" with MULTIPLE FORMA primary weapons, and making it sound like you do to push your agenda of "buff all my stuff" is not even remotely convincing.

what?

my multiple forma'd primary weapons dont have problems with 25 and below mobs. I didn't say that. I'm saying that their mob handling capabilities are severely reduced when the enemies start getting higher leveled, usually around level 35-45.

At level 50 and above, the ignis has long since been outscaled. Vaykor Hek and the Tonkor still have applications, but in general power the simulor has them beat.

I'm asking for some of the weapons in the game to get buffed. The gorgon(s)? Trash. Supra? Terrible. Amprex? Its ok until level 45 or so, then it just starts sucking a lot (has to do with how the necessary crit mods make it unwieldy to mod for)

There are SO MANY weapons that are just terrible. And a lot of these weapons are considered Heavy weapons, meant to deal with hordes!

I don't think I'm stepping on any toes or pushing any envelopes trying to get a few weapons that really deserve a buff buffed.

12 hours ago, 3goats said:

There are SO MANY weapons that are just terrible. And a lot of these weapons are considered Heavy weapons, meant to deal with hordes!

I don't think I'm stepping on any toes or pushing any envelopes trying to get a few weapons that really deserve a buff buffed.

There are a few weapons that go way beyond the scope of the numbers that Damage 2.0 was built around.  Level 50 is supposed to be where you start feeling the squeeze; enemies should not be cannon fodder into the 70s and nothing should even go beyond the 60s.

On 20/09/2016 at 9:28 PM, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

The problem with the simulor is that it is a literally a no skill weapon. The amprex made you at least aim the initial beam. The tonkor has an arc. The penta had the threat of self-destruction, etc. 

The ideal way of dealing with the simulor would be to limit the number of orbs it can have out to two or three at any one time. and give it a charge, simular (pun-intended) to bows or the opticor for each orb.  

Sorry, the tonkor is in no way a skill based weapon and never will be until you cant bum rush mobs and PB tonkor shots with zero fear of self damage.

• 3 weeks later...

The weapon is already SOOO much weaker than it used to due to lack of auto headshot. The damage of it is what? 4 times lower than it used to? maybe even more. Yet I still see nerf thread which is laughable and uncomfortable. The weapon can only kill in low levels and stagger high levels. IMO, it needs buff more than ever because it arguably got the biggest nerf impact than any other weapons.

4 hours ago, --DSP-- said:

The weapon is already SOOO much weaker than it used to due to lack of auto headshot. The damage of it is what? 4 times lower than it used to? maybe even more. Yet I still see nerf thread which is laughable and uncomfortable. The weapon can only kill in low levels and stagger high levels. IMO, it needs buff more than ever because it arguably got the biggest nerf impact than any other weapons.

Power was at most cut in half; you may be thinking of the Tonkor, whose damage went from ~200,000 to ~25,000 after the bugfix.  If you do land headshots with it, it still does the 200k.  SynSim still tears through crowds of Sortie 3 enemies with elemental enhancement with no effort on the part of the user.  Just zip around and spray-fire the balls, and everything's taken care of.  

8 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Power was at most cut in half; you may be thinking of the Tonkor, whose damage went from ~200,000 to ~25,000 after the bugfix.  If you do land headshots with it, it still does the 200k.  SynSim still tears through crowds of Sortie 3 enemies with elemental enhancement with no effort on the part of the user.  Just zip around and spray-fire the balls, and everything's taken care of.  

NO. One of Synoid's Simulor's DPS came from Crit Headshot too. 

Guys Symulor its a freaking black hole generator you know?

I think it would make sense that using it without care would cause your death most of the times (it would need a range buff ofc)

I mean... a black hole generator...  thats easily one of the most dangerous concept of things you could use as weapon.

But I realize that's still not even close to bombard's singularity creator..  or scorth's 360º plasma laser of death.

I'm not ok with a weapon that requires no aiming, drops high damaging aoe DoTs that attract enemies all over the map, and has no penalties. I'm not okay with random power creep just because one or a handful of weapons are stupidly OP. I'm okay with balancing such weapons so that all weapons can be competitive without a needless, roundabout fix that will only complicate things in the future.

7 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

At most around 25% of the time, realistically.  Either way though, the nerf hasn't slowed it down very much, which is just absurd.  

It slowed down ALOT.
I don't know if you've even used it beforehand. The entire point of the weapon is to spam the ball, and you will know the crit triggers all the time. It used to kill level 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner within seconds, now it's longer than taking a crap.

3 hours ago, --DSP-- said:

It slowed down ALOT.
I don't know if you've even used it beforehand. The entire point of the weapon is to spam the ball, and you will know the crit triggers all the time. It used to kill level 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner within seconds, now it's longer than taking a crap.

poor you

On 23.9.2016 at 3:11 AM, DSpite said:

Secondary fire button should open a large Black Vortex.

Primary fire should launch a 1 meter large white energy sphere, that makes anything it hits bounce off with the same physics as ... errr ... snooker balls.

Ok, so I gave away the game with that last bit.

"Heavy Gunner! Center Pocket!" *Whooooossssssh*.

... 3 points.

THAT! That is hilarious! I WANT THAT IN-GAME NOW!

On 9/20/2016 at 4:35 AM, Trichouette said:

Funny, that's what happen when I fire the kulstar

"I see you have the kulstar in your hand, it would be a shame if... Someone happened to... pass right in front of you as you press the trigger..." D.E.D

Even my chroma 6k+ armor instantly dies :D

Difference is the kullstar doesn't stop 3 feet from your face unless you aim it there. 

On 9/20/2016 at 3:50 AM, Ksaero said:

No need to nerf Simulor's damage, it's enough to just make it self-damaging weapon for smarter use.

Oh man! I would love this. ...in a way that makes me pretty sure I need therapy.
I'm biased, since that "pewpewpew pew pewpew pewpewpew" of a synoid simulor makes me deeply salty.
...Deeeply deeply salty.

This gun represents bad balance.
If it became a suicide machine, I would be one sick delighted fish, swimming in schadenfreude.

I don't want there to be something that makes me wish ill upon my party..
but Man oh man, I hate this gun enough to care less about teamwork.

It's like when the Tonkor made people bounce, and EVERYONE used it.
Times like that require solo play for a few months while it runs it's course.
...and why on earth should a multiplayer game have such obnoxious features?

Items? Your screen? You kills? MINE. I HAVE SIMULOR.

6 hours ago, NotKingD3 said:

Difference is the kullstar doesn't stop 3 feet from your face unless you aim it there. 

Who the hell revived this thread ?

Anyway, kullstar actually can explode right in front of your nose, and since I have no idea what "3 feet" is... I can't even understand what you're saying.