Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Have Found The FPS Drop Cause

Eikthyrnir_

Everybody Gather around the campfire, after painless hours of searching, testing, and interviewing, i have found the cause in half of the community of Warframe having FPS Issues

it isnt just your RAM, its your Graphics Card, If you have Nivida/Geforce, your perfectly fine, if you have a Radeon/AMD graphics card, then you have FPS drops.

any more questions?

Just an observation that i have made with my AMD RX 480 when i run the most recent drivers (16.9.1) it get frame rate drops to 48-50 FPS, with some larger drops to ~25fps. I reverted to 16.8.3 and i'm now back to running 60+ FPS with no noticeable frame rate drops.

1 hour ago, ProWithStandards said:

it isnt just your RAM, its your Graphics Card, If you have Nivida/Geforce, your perfectly fine, if you have a Radeon/AMD graphics card, then you have FPS drops.

The findings in thread

and this thread

do seem to suggest that Nvidia users are also experiencing issues. Also aside from the low-end/older systems the random FPS drops appear to be unrelated to what graphics card you use and appears to be a CPU related issue and/or Warframe's optimisation.

3 hours ago, qeuu said:

Just an observation that i have made with my AMD RX 480 when i run the most recent drivers (16.9.1) it get frame rate drops to 48-50 FPS, with some larger drops to ~25fps. I reverted to 16.8.3 and i'm now back to running 60+ FPS with no noticeable frame rate drops.

The findings in thread

and this thread

do seem to suggest that Nvidia users are also experiencing issues. Also aside from the low-end/older systems the random FPS drops appear to be unrelated to what graphics card you use and appears to be a CPU related issue and/or Warframe's optimisation.

Don't forget me, with a high end 980ti build suffering FPS drop as well. 

It's not related to card manufacturer/brand at all. I wouldn't be surprised if this was just some AMD hate thread.

13 hours ago, ProWithStandards said:

We have no reason to believe that this is specific to AMD / Radeon cards as there have been numerous reports from Nvidia users experiencing these same problems. With that said, I can assure you we are doing everything we can to narrow down the issue on our end.. whether that be Nvidia, AMD, or Intel. 

Going to go ahead and lock this thread since we already have a number of ongoing discussions on the subject.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri