Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What kind of weapons we really need?

Kaiku

That is the question.

I have some suggestions.

Weapons that aren't balanced only with using their own stats (damage, accuracy, ammo etc.), but with all stats there are in the game.

Weapons that affect shield capacity, armour, energy and so on.

You could even have negative effects on them if you feel like that's the way they should be balanced.

The weapons we have now, are really simple modern-like weapons. They're not really all that interesting.

I think if the stats they have also affect stats you would normally get in some other way, would give more freedom for the devs when designing new weapons.

So maybe some weapons give you more shields. Maybe some give you less hp. Maybe some weapons give you more ammo for each weapon you have.

Maybe some weapons give you a bit more energy, but decrease your stamina.

And...

We could have weapons that use your own shields as ammo, or maybe even hp.

Maybe some weapon uses your energy as ammo.

Some weapons should give you some hp when you manage to kill someone.

Some weapons could launch shield modules that then create shield domes where they land.

Or some weapons have AOE effects and some weapons don't have ammo at all, but a recharge time.

We could even have modules that give some other stat bonuses than those what are meant for that exact item.

Or even negative effects to balance them.

Also modules that give some special effects.

This would give carrying different weapons more purpose since each weapon has different effects.

Devs could go crazy with weapon designs.

Yes, no, why?

A sniper rifle that isn't completely outclassed by a pistol due to clipsize, overkill, and hipfire issues.

Lex

Damage: 60

Rate: 0.8

Clip: 6

Accuracy: pinpoint if you wait a fraction of a second longer than the RPM to let recoil settle.

BONUS: pinpoint from hipfire.

Snipertron

Damage: 100

Rate 1.7

Clip: 4

Accuracy: pinpoint but has horrific hipfire and movement accuracy and struggles to hit close targets due to the zoom.

The lex still one shots almost every mob in the game if you hit a weakpoint, so the damage increase the sniper has makes no difference. The effective dps of the Snipertron is also lowered badly by it spending such a huge portion of its uptime reloading.

Suggestions

These are indiviual suggestions, all of them at once would most likely make the weapon too strong.

1) Give the sniper rifle passive armor ignore like the Fragor, it makes sence seeing as sniper rounds have far more penetrative power than normal rifle rounds.

2) Allow the sniper rounds to have passive pierce, this would reward thought-out shots which is really what the sniper should be all about.

3) Give the sniper auto-crits on weakpoints and possibly reduce its base damage a little more(60?), this would punish players who aim badly while rewarding those with good aim. It would also allow Crit damage mods to be of a little more use than they are currently.

Edited by Devlin1991

snips

I was waiting for about this kind of comments. Thank you.

One thing what I've seen in few games; some snipers got a charge up time, which means that if you fire right away after you have zoomed in, the sniper doesn't do much damge, but if you wait few seconds for it to charge up, then it does a lot of damage.

After each shot you have to wait it to charge up again.

A sniper rifle that isn't completely outclassed by a pistol due to clipsize, overkill, and hipfire issues.

Lex

Damage: 60

Rate: 0.8

Clip: 6

Accuracy: pinpoint if you wait a fraction of a second longer than the RPM to let recoil settle.

BONUS: pinpoint from hipfire.

Snipertron

Damage: 100

Rate 1.7

Clip: 4

Accuracy: pinpoint but has horrific hipfire and movement accuracy and struggles to hit close targets due to the zoom.

The lex still one shots almost every mob in the game if you hit a weakpoint, so the damage increase the sniper has makes no difference. The effective dps of the Snipertron is also lowered badly by it spending such a huge portion of its uptime reloading.

Suggestions

These are indiviual suggestions, all of them at once would most likely make the weapon too strong.

1) Give the sniper rifle passive armor ignore like the Fragor, it makes sence seeing as sniper rounds have far more penetrative power than normal rifle rounds.

2) Allow the sniper rounds to have passive pierce, this would reward thought-out shots which is really what the sniper should be all about.

3) Give the sniper auto-crits on weakpoints and possibly reduce its base damage a little more(60?), this would punish players who aim badly while rewarding those with good aim. It would also allow Crit damage mods to be of a little more use than they are currently.

The snipetron has a nice base crit and procs a lot more than the lex not to mention it has a zoom so u can use it all distances. Its still better than the lex, the snipetron can 1 shot kill all the same mobs a lex can but it doesnt need to hit a weakspot.

We don't need, we may want, but we certainly don't need.

I feel DE has also settled for the current mechaincs for stats/equipment/mechanics so I really don't see much that this system allows, though there is a strong possiblity that I'm just a poobrain. They could start adding weapons from the Corpus - most current ones are from Grineer - the plasma guns which behave different to the projectiles we currently have. Equipment items ought to come into play at some point

I feel DE has also settled for the current mechaincs for stats/equipment/mechanics so I really don't see much that this system allows, though there is a strong possiblity that I'm just a poobrain. They could start adding weapons from the Corpus - most current ones are from Grineer - the plasma guns which behave different to the projectiles we currently have. Equipment items ought to come into play at some point

But we do still need some kind of weapons in this game. What kind of, was the question. Your answer is corpus weapons. And I agree with that.

Silent weapons and more japanese weapons.

Despit the fact that DE has been describing Tenno as 'Badass space ninja", I've yet to see a ninja-ish or more traditional japanese weapon in the game (they added Battle axe and War hammer instead and I love both of them :D). Kama/Kusarigama (sickle and chain sickle), Tessen (iron fan), or nunchaku would be a good addition to our existing arsenal.

Silent weapons like blow dart and bow should be added to make stealth play easier. Smoke bomb similar to Ash's but in form of craftable consumable to confuse the enemies while you're closing in with your melee weapon.

Guns are nice. I agree that we do not have Corpus weapon. Actually, Tenno weapon is also rather limited to pistols and Latron. Strun, Boar, HEK, and Gorgon are Grineer's. So more antique Tenno weapon too XD.

Silent weapons and more japanese weapons.

Despit the fact that DE has been describing Tenno as 'Badass space ninja", I've yet to see a ninja-ish or more traditional japanese weapon in the game (they added Battle axe and War hammer instead and I love both of them :D). Kama/Kusarigama (sickle and chain sickle), Tessen (iron fan), or nunchaku would be a good addition to our existing arsenal.

Silent weapons like blow dart and bow should be added to make stealth play easier. Smoke bomb similar to Ash's but in form of craftable consumable to confuse the enemies while you're closing in with your melee weapon.

Guns are nice. I agree that we do not have Corpus weapon. Actually, Tenno weapon is also rather limited to pistols and Latron. Strun, Boar, HEK, and Gorgon are Grineer's. So more antique Tenno weapon too XD.

I agree with the weapons that go nicely with stealth. That is something what the game doesn't yet have too much.

I don't really care if we get japanese weapons or futuristic weapons, as long as they have something different to add to the gameplay.

Now most of the weapons are just slight variations of others; this one shoots faster, this one has more ammo and this one is a shotgun and this other one is a bigger shotgun.

A Fallout-like approach to lasers/plasma/rail/project would actually work pretty nicely - laser is instant and , but does less damage, plasma is more damaging, but is inaccurate and takes time, etc.

We also could go for several different types of machine guns, assualt rifles, and battle rifles. Like, a gatling with extremely high firing rate and mag size, but weak and only good for stunlocking multiple enemies, or shredding Corpus and Grineer Sawmen, or a slow-firing heavy caliber rifle that tears apart enemies, but only has about ten rounds in its magazine. Or a heavy machine gun that makes the user extremely slow and has little ammo, but kills most enemies in two bullets.

A Fallout-like approach to lasers/plasma/rail/project would actually work pretty nicely - laser is instant and , but does less damage, plasma is more damaging, but is inaccurate and takes time, etc.

We also could go for several different types of machine guns, assualt rifles, and battle rifles. Like, a gatling with extremely high firing rate and mag size, but weak and only good for stunlocking multiple enemies, or shredding Corpus and Grineer Sawmen, or a slow-firing heavy caliber rifle that tears apart enemies, but only has about ten rounds in its magazine. Or a heavy machine gun that makes the user extremely slow and has little ammo, but kills most enemies in two bullets.

I would actually like to see slow moving projectiles. Similar to corpus guns. Also why not really slow moving projectiles that deal damage to everything around it.

Basically something what fires something else other than basic bullets.