Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ayatan Weekly Mission: Already Frustrating, Inconvenient and Unfun

BlackCoMerc

First, we have to go to the Bazaar just to get the mission. Then we have to walk through it, find the quest giver, be forced into dialogue, and wait through another mission loading screen.

All just to get to the mission.

Then it sends us to the Void. To kill a bunch of enemies en route to a Parkour puzzle we have seen before. That apparently is timed. And during which you're fighting the parkour controls in Warframe as much as enemies. Which the developers must believe are far tighter, more responsive and accurate than they really are. Because acknowledging that these controls are as wonky and unreliable - at least for controller users - as they in fact are would certainly result in removing the timer from these missions. 

So all that, and a Mission Failed screen. Dont know why. Was there a timer? Did I fail to activate or find something? Locate a doorway during the time given? I dont know. Nothing was communicated to me during the mission regarding accessing any kind of vauted off area, a time limit, etc. Absolutely no information given.

All this, and we get to do it...once per week. Yay.

Oh well. II've other games to play, with content not hidden behind frustrating, invisible timers and even less thrilling wait walls. And now, I have another reason to go play them.

So much for enjoying the new content...

1 minute ago, ZenshadowOfZramx said:

I couldn't agree more. Both of the parkour "trials" I have played have been confusing - only by chance did I succeed on the second attempt. I was unsure if I had to avoid the lasers, shoot panels, or step on buttons.

Same here. Its...frustrating. Absolutely no information is given. Making it seem like the only choice is fail repeatedly until you figure out what you did wrong last time. Again. 

Just for once, I want to see a mission in this game we can run on our terms. No being forced out by scaling. No being forced out by a lack of spawning power carriers. No failing to beat the puzzle timer. Or escape timer. Or "you didnt kill enough dudes fast enough" timer. 

Just...go here. Kill a bunch of enemies. Complete some non-timed, non scaling mini objectives. Get loot and rewards while exploring. Stop when you feel like taking a break from playing. 

For gods sake quit finding reasons to fail and/or drive us out of missions. Because honestly, its driving me out of your game.

I don't know what you're talking about, I finished it up first try, only because I know how these rooms work.
I'd also suggest not blaming the mode itself, but rather blame the method you are using to progress through these timed-parkour rooms.

It's easy enough with mouse and keyboard, and I understand you use controllers. You just need practice is all. Don't freak on the mission just because you couldn't do it at first, learn and get better.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

you realize its just a matter of learning right? you are able to redo the mission if you fail. Aswell the parkour puzzle rooms have always been timed, and arent for newer player but for more seasoned players. I completed my my parkour mission very effectively with time to spare. Also a prudent thing for you to do if you dont feel like practicing the parkour rooms would be to look up how to traverse said rooms on youtube. there is sure to be videos for each room in there.

Just now, TheScytale said:

Obligatory "git gud" comment here.

Hide contents

It's not like these parkour rooms are exclusive to Maroo missions anyway, so you can practice.

I've been in them a time or two. But this was one I have not seen in months. Which is no surprise, seeing as how we havent had a valid reason to visit the void in some time now...

You need to practice those puzzles to find those ayatan treasures or you can get them in random mission, is not that frustrating. Those puzzles have the big square button that you must press or simply run before the door close.

The parkour controls are easier, if you don't dominate them then you need to practice more.

I have 3 now, i find one in orokin sabotage mission, its have the same icon of crates.

Edited by chofranc

Just now, chofranc said:

You need to practice those puzzles to find those ayatan treasures or you can get them in random mission, is not that frustrating. Those puzzles have the big square button that you must press or simply run before the door close.

The parkour controls are easier, if you don't dominate them then you need to practice more.

There are a number of puzzles I ace every time. Quite a few.

This just wasnt one. This one was a huge room that to be honest I have only ever seen once before. And I have played A LOT of Warframe. Though to be honest, I never went hunting parkour rooms, as they have not had rewards veterans consider worthwhile for literally YEARS now. So I simply never bothered with them. 

I highly doubt a once per week treasure is going to change that, to be honest. Would be nice if Parkour rooms could reliably spawn these. And if they had a higher than average chance of spawning in Void missions. Maybe even a guarantee of one somewhere in every Void tileset, even if its just a small, mini treasure.

But expecting players to spend extra time roaming every mission and map for an (undoubtedly small) chance at what basically amounts to still needing to BUY a fusion core?

No thanks.

Oh no, I didn't succeed immediately, and I'm unwilling to practice or learn the puzzles. This feature sucks!

Honestly, the only thing you get are some lousy ship decorations or some Endo, which you find everywhere. You're not missing out on much, and the puzzles give us a speed parkour challenge, which is really something that hasn't had much importance placed on it. If you don't enjoy them, there's no reason you need to play them.

I *will* agree that Maroo should probably have a line devoted to warning you that you will fail if you don't complete the puzzle quickly enough after initiating it. That part's a little unclear. Also, a 'Repeat Mission' button upon failure would be nice so you don't have to trudge back to Maroo. But those are easily remedied problems.

2 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Just for once, I want to see a mission in this game we can run on our terms. No being forced out by scaling. No being forced out by a lack of spawning power carriers. No failing to beat the puzzle timer. Or escape timer. Or "you didnt kill enough dudes fast enough" timer. 

Just...go here. Kill a bunch of enemies. Complete some non-timed, non scaling mini objectives. Get loot and rewards while exploring. Stop when you feel like taking a break from playing. 

You just described Exterminate missions.

I was originally going to go off of the assumption that you have never once done a void parkour room, but it seems that you already knew about them and had done them before. No idea why then you suspected the puzzle to play out any differently than before. Yes, they are timed. You learn this because the music starting upon activating the first door, and on its end you have missed your chance at the prize. Don't blame the new content as being bad when you just don't know how to work your way through a puzzle. They aren't going to handhold you through it because you are supposed to figure it out.

And complaining about the time it takes you to get to the mission? Then don't do the weekly mission... you do know you can find the stars in any mission's containers and lockers, and the sculptures spawn in the void in the same locations that the syndicate medallions spawn, as well as those puzzle rooms, right? you don't HAVE to do the mission, its just a way to have a guaranteed way to get one.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

There are a number of puzzles I ace every time. Quite a few.

This just wasnt one. This one was a huge room that to be honest I have only ever seen once before. And I have played A LOT of Warframe. Though to be honest, I never went hunting parkour rooms, as they have not had rewards veterans consider worthwhile for literally YEARS now. So I simply never bothered with them. 

I highly doubt a once per week treasure is going to change that, to be honest. Would be nice if Parkour rooms could reliably spawn these. And if they had a higher than average chance of spawning in Void missions. Maybe even a guarantee of one somewhere in every Void tileset, even if its just a small, mini treasure.

But expecting players to spend extra time roaming every mission and map for an (undoubtedly small) chance at what basically amounts to still needing to BUY a fusion core?

No thanks.

They aren't obligatory, so is another way to obtain endo, and is better to do sabotage mission since you are searching caches too, i get cross with an ayatan treasure while i was finding a cache in the void to try to get bullet dance.

Edited by chofranc

Just now, AM-Bunny said:

Oh no, I didn't succeed immediately, and I'm unwilling to practice or learn the puzzles. This feature sucks!

Honestly, the only thing you get are some lousy ship decorations or some Endo, which you find everywhere. You're not missing out on much, and the puzzles give us a speed parkour challenge, which is really something that hasn't had much importance placed on it. If you don't enjoy them, there's no reason you need to play them.

I *will* agree that Maroo should probably have a line devoted to warning you that you will fail if you don't complete the puzzle quickly enough after initiating it. That part's a little unclear. Also, a 'Repeat Mission' button upon failure would be nice so you don't have to trudge back to Maroo. But those are easily remedied problems.

You just described Exterminate missions.

Pretty much. Except for the low number of enemies and the completely pointless lack of any rewards for running them. Making them much larger and more expansive, and blending other mini objectives into them would go a long way toward something like this. 

1 minute ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Pretty much. Except for the low number of enemies and the completely pointless lack of any rewards for running them. Making them much larger and more expansive, and blending other mini objectives into them would go a long way toward something like this. 

Now you're describing Sabotage missions.

15 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

So much for enjoying the new content...

The new content is everywhere, just because you cannot do a parkour treasure room, don't feel bad.  You can collect the stars and ayatans in missions too.  And get them from other players in trade!!

Can already tell that the OP doesn't know that nova/titania exist

Parkour!?!  I don't think so, it's called efficiency wormholes (that and since it's in the void you could touch a death orb or 2 on your way there).

Razorwing...That auto defeats the wall-latch/wall-run room.  Maybe not so much the other one, but that's pretty much just bullet jump and tbh, titania is bullet jump god.