Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ayatan Weekly Mission: Already Frustrating, Inconvenient and Unfun

BlackCoMerc

7 minutes ago, rockscl said:

Liset to Relay to Maro dialogues to launch mission is just a sympthom of their loose work on usability

I think the point of this is immersion, but maybe that's just me. Same with having the menus spread throughout the ship. It makes it feel more like an actual place instead of a menu. I don't mind it at all, personally.

2 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

but for please, please get rid of the whole Maroo ordeal.

Now I'm genuinely confused. Maroo's dialogue was like 30 seconds for me. Starting the silver grove was way, way worse. She had like one or two short bits of speech, then I said I wanted to hunt for treasure, then she said she had a hot tip, and I accepted. Quests in fallout 4 take like 50 times as long to begin.

7 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

You see the problem with Ground Slam and Zephyr is... well 60% of time Zephyr rises about 3 meters, stays there for about a seccond AND THEN starts to go down.

Besides you could just Divebomb to go straight down or even Tailwind while looking at the floor to go down at an angle.

Good point. OP! Do what this guy said instead of what I said.

1 minute ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

But for that they'd have to do something more interesting than re-using old content with an extremely short timer slapped on it. Perish the thought.

Huh? What timer got "slapped on?" The parkour rooms were always timed. Is there some other timer I don't know about?

Edited by Lord_Azrael

6 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

But for that they'd have to do something more interesting than re-using old content with an extremely short timer slapped on it. Perish the thought.

That would be full parkour missions, an idea  they tried to kill a couple of times already but now they are doing it without even noticing it, I think they just should do it.

8 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

I think the point of this is immersion, but maybe that's just me. Same with having the menus spread throughout the ship. It makes it feel more like an actual place instead of a menu. I don't mind it at all, personally.

They could have all those terminals with hyperlinking between the elements that are related, example, choosing a thing you dont own in the Arsenal should be linked to the foundry, the market, and the codex, and viceversa, just ike that, launching a mission from Maroo`s relay should enable proper links in other places, you visited her, you are already working for her,the immersion part is done, the usability is bland however

Edited by rockscl

13 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

I think parkour 2.0 is awful in general,

That's funny, to me it seems fast, mobile, fluid, and fun. The hardest part is learning the key combos and timing, and controlling the absurd amounts of speed you get once you learn what you're doing. Why is it awful?

3 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Now I'm genuinely confused. Maroo's dialogue was like 30 seconds for me. Starting the silver grove was way, way worse. She had like one or two short bits of speech, then I said I wanted to hunt for treasure, then she said she had a hot tip, and I accepted. Quests in fallout 4 take like 50 times as long to begin.

This is just a difference of opinion. I don't think it's bad at all assuming you were going through it ONCE per week. My problem is going through it over and over again. As rockscl said, repeating it should be a direct option on the fail screen. If it doesn't bother you at all, it doesn't bother you, that's fair. It bothers me, a lot.

1 minute ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Huh? What timer got "slapped on?" The parkour rooms were always timed. Is there some other timer I don't know about?

I said a "short" timer got slapped on. At least it sure feels a lot shorter to me. I never recall having issues with these vault rooms, but I haven't completed one of these Maroo ones yet. I literally get within sight of the final door closing usually. This may be completely subjective on my part though, I admit to having no reason to play them in a long time, but I don't feel like I'm doing that badly. Again, if retrying it was faster I'd just be trying to get faster and probably get it in a few tries, but the way it is now I just can't see it being worth my time. Again, why not farm Hieracon instead?

5 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

That's funny, to me it seems fast, mobile, fluid, and fun. The hardest part is learning the key combos and timing, and controlling the absurd amounts of speed you get once you learn what you're doing. Why is it awful?

Because what it replaced was faster, more intuitive, and, at least in my opinion, didn't look half as silly. Don't worry about it. I'm just a bitter vet. We hashed all this out when they added the new movement and parkour stuff. It was faster for people who were bad in the old system, and awful for the rest of us, but it's what DE has chosen.

11 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

Firstly, your using controller, on pc which is generally your own fault. If you have working hands and are not physically handicapped, youre handicapping yourself in which case i do not applaud you.

Secondly, you complain about 'parkour rooms we've seen before' then complain about not being able to pass it cuz you dont know how...

Im going to leave my own less than enthusiastic feedback on the ayatan sculptures but i have to say that you kinda defeat yourself with your complaints. 

None of the parkour courses are hard, they ALL have a closing door, and none of them really require anything more than a bullet jump/ aim glide, and or landing in slide.. all of which should be reasonably doable even for controller users. 

Actually, as an FYI, past shoulder and wrist injuries prevent me playing for any length of time with kb/m. It's actually painful within a half hour, tops.

Hence, controller on PC. And believe me, with controller...well, let's just say that until movement 2.0, Parkour in this game wasn't really happening for me. Though I do miss wall running...it was actually easier than the hopping we have now.

1 hour ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

I agree 100% OP, it's not just that the timing is tight or that parkour 2.0 sucks, but the absolutely terrible UI experience of so many load screens and Maroo's super slow dialogue and menus just makes it rage inducing. Bad enough to have to keep playing it over without that.

As for the puzzles themselves? I think they took a really neat idea, with the old hidden vault rooms in the void, and then pushed it to a point where it's not fun at all anymore. The fact that it's timed, and timed so tightly, just kills any enjoyment for me whatsoever. It feels manic, and forced, and ugly. I can hammer away at it, going through the awful UI process, and get it eventually, but why would I possibly care? Why bother to "git gud" when it's not even remotely fun? If you aren't one of the people obsessed with player housing it's just an endo farm, and I'm going to farm my endo somewhere else. Anywhere else. Anywhere at all.

This is pretty much my sentiments. Couldn't care less about stashing treasure aboard ship. And scouring missions, trying to assemble a trophy worth 1400 Endo I don't need anyway...

Why not just go run Excavation missions? I nabbed 990 Endo on Hieracon the other day, NOT counting mod drops.

This feels...hurried. Poorly thought out, and rushed into the game without a whole lot of thought.

Not that it matters. Without something new to actually DO in Warframe, it's pretty much time to move on.

3 hours ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

I said a "short" timer got slapped on. At least it sure feels a lot shorter to me. I never recall having issues with these vault rooms, but I haven't completed one of these Maroo ones yet.

They are literally the same vaults as they've always been, and they aren't slower or faster, I'm routinely a solo player and used the puzzle challenge rooms as a fun way to get mods and resources, there is literally nothing different now except 

A) When Maroo gives you a vault location it always has a sculpture

B) When you aren't on a Maroo mission the puzzle vaults have a very high chance of spawning lots of stars.

Honestly my only complaint about this update is that Maroo talks too slow, and that no new vaults were added. People who are already familiar with the vaults don't get anything new to practice on or explore. 

2 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Why not just go run Excavation missions? I nabbed 990 Endo on Hieracon the other day, NOT counting mod drops.

I think kinda the point was to provide more alternative types of gameplay for more types of players. Personally, I enjoy this method of looking for endo, as parkour rooms have always been something I enjoy doing and mastering, and I literally hate excavation missions and everything about them. 

So, unfortunately, this update did not provide anything new for players who enjoy endless missions or traditional resource acquisition (except for cosmetic upgrades to resources), while it did provide a nice update for solo exploration players. 

4 hours ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

So, I'm supposed to memorize these vault puzzles that I don't enjoy, using mechanics that don't work very well, in order to get rewards that don't matter? Sorry, I'm going to need rewards worth the frustration or some fun if I'm going to bother playing it, and I don't feel remotely bad for sharing that opinion.

What have you been doing while playing this game? Running and shooting? I mastered parkour 2.0 from doing excessive and unnecessary gliding, long jumping, rolling,and bunny hopping.

52 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

What have you been doing while playing this game? Running and shooting? I mastered parkour 2.0 from doing excessive and unnecessary gliding, long jumping, rolling,and bunny hopping.

I mastered parkour exactly as much as I needed to, to go as fast as possible, towards a goal. I don't get off on doing leet ninja flips and wall hangs all over the place, I pick optimal, fast routes, with acceptable risk, that way I can complete the missions as quickly as reliably possible. So that I can run them again, and again, and again, and again again, and again, and again,and again, and again, and again again, and again, and again,and again, and again, and again again, and again, and again,*deep breath*  and again, and again, and again again, and again, and again, and again again, and again, and again, and again again, and again, and again, and again, etc.

Don't blame the grinder, blame the devs. Besides, the whole point was that it doesn't matter if the puzzles are hard, easy, fun, junk, whatever. The problem is that there's no "Retry Mission" button on the failed mission pop up, which means you have to repeat the whole pointless time suck loading screen + maroo step before you can run it again.

2 hours ago, Gelkor said:

I think kinda the point was to provide more alternative types of gameplay for more types of players. Personally, I enjoy this method of looking for endo, as parkour rooms have always been something I enjoy doing and mastering, and I literally hate excavation missions and everything about them. 

So, unfortunately, this update did not provide anything new for players who enjoy endless missions or traditional resource acquisition (except for cosmetic upgrades to resources), while it did provide a nice update for solo exploration players. 

Fair enough to say.

I think my problem was that, given the hoops to jump through just to get there...to fail based on some arbitrary time limit just...feels wrong, somehow.

I will give it another go, and see if I get a Parkour room with which I am more familiar.

Also, I will take Titania. Cheaty.

41 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Fair enough to say.

I think my problem was that, given the hoops to jump through just to get there...to fail based on some arbitrary time limit just...feels wrong, somehow.

I will give it another go, and see if I get a Parkour room with which I am more familiar.

Also, I will take Titania. Cheaty.

There's a few frames that help "cheat" a bit, depending on what you have difficulty with. Valkyr is pretty fantastic for being able to ignore damage and frost procs, but most importantly, Valkyr never has to roll out of a landing or lose time on a heavy landing due to her passive, she can fall hundreds of feet and stick the landing and keep running, which is really pretty handy on a few of the challenges. Limbo, ofc, can ignore lasers and frost, but honestly the lasers and the frost procs have never been an issue for me.  Also Ripline.

Titania's built in +25% bullet jump stacks with the +22-24% bullet jump mods, so she can get some hella air clearance, and Ofc Razorwing (even though it's fairly slow compared to the rest of the mobility, with natural talent and speed drift it can be rapidly toggled mid air for precision maneuvers).

Zephyr has floatiness and her assorted movement abilities

Mirage has increased roll speed and bullet jumps, so she can be a fast alternative for trick maneuvers.

Nova Wormholes are great

Loki Switch teleporting his Decoy is also very good.

Max Range Rhino can also pull off getting through maneuvers or long corridors with Charge. 

I've been running Void captures to collect stars, as usually a lot of stars spawn in the parkour vaults normally now. Though one time on a high level exterminate I got 3 different parkour challenge rooms in one mission. Ended up with 9 stars and another Ayr statue (of which now I've gotten and completed 4, sold 3).

Edited by Gelkor

3 hours ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

I mastered parkour exactly as much as I needed to, to go as fast as possible, towards a goal. I don't get off on doing leet ninja flips and wall hangs all over the place, I pick optimal, fast routes, with acceptable risk, that way I can complete the missions as quickly as reliably possible. So that I can run them again, and again, and again, and again again, and again, and again,and again, and again, and again again, and again, and again,and again, and again, and again again, and again, and again,*deep breath*  and again, and again, and again again, and again, and again, and again again, and again, and again, and again again, and again, and again, and again, etc.

Don't blame the grinder, blame the devs. Besides, the whole point was that it doesn't matter if the puzzles are hard, easy, fun, junk, whatever. The problem is that there's no "Retry Mission" button on the failed mission pop up, which means you have to repeat the whole pointless time suck loading screen + maroo step before you can run it again.

So why mention your dislike of parkour 2.0 if the lack of "retry mission" is the problem?

Edited by NekroArts

I just want to say something.

I'm a new player, been playing for 1 maybe two months. I go try the Maroo mission. I get to the parkour zone. Never seen a place like that before. I start looking around, trying to understand what i am supposed to do. Then all of a sudden: "Mission failed".

What? Why? Nothing said i was on a timer! There was no timer, no obvious indication to it. Even Maroo dosen't say anything about having to be fast or anything, she just says that it "looks dangerous"... which made me move with caution in the first place!

Can someone at least put a friggin' timer or an obvious "giant clock of doom" in a timed room? Please? 

5 minutes ago, The_Charlatan said:

What? Why? Nothing said i was on a timer! There was no timer, no obvious indication to it.

Yeah, they messed up on this part. The parkour rooms are familiar to most vets, but new players may not have ever tried them before. My suggestion: watch some videos on parkour rooms, then go to the void and run capture missions. Cap the target, then search the level for parkour rooms, and use them for practice. Or, just re-run the maroo mission if you failed it.

Is there any feature you won't complain about? Honestly. These parkour rooms are freely available for you to practice in via running regular Void missions-- you find at least one random one in almost every single mission. They have a time limit so you can test your ability to control your Warframe.

There is literally nothing to say but "git gud."

The whole, "go to relay, talk to maroo, load into mission," thing? What else do you want? You want to be able to just select it from the Orbiter? You want to be able to also buy from Baro from the Orbiter? So they create social areas and want you to go there to participate in special missions and functions now and again. Better remove that function because you don't like having one extra loading screen and 5 seconds of hoofin' it.