Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ayatan Weekly Mission: Already Frustrating, Inconvenient and Unfun

BlackCoMerc

2 hours ago, NekroArts said:

So why mention your dislike of parkour 2.0 if the lack of "retry mission" is the problem?

Because it was, is, and forever will be slow and ugly, and I want frogger frame to go away?

2 hours ago, Lord_Azrael said:

He just misses coptering.  :)

I miss the speed and pace of the game, but you simplify it however you want if it makes you feel better. It comes across as pretty condescending and self righteous, but you do you.

1 hour ago, Chipputer said:

Is there any feature you won't complain about? Honestly. These parkour rooms are freely available for you to practice in via running regular Void missions-- you find at least one random one in almost every single mission. They have a time limit so you can test your ability to control your Warframe.

There is literally nothing to say but "git gud."

The whole, "go to relay, talk to maroo, load into mission," thing? What else do you want? You want to be able to just select it from the Orbiter? You want to be able to also buy from Baro from the Orbiter? So they create social areas and want you to go there to participate in special missions and functions now and again. Better remove that function because you don't like having one extra loading screen and 5 seconds of hoofin' it.

Well, aren't you nice, and such unique and avant-garde use of the word literally. Stop acting like negative feedback is a huge issue in the feedback section though, maybe? Disagreeing with someone's opinion is one thing, but your whole tone and manner is coming across as pretty rude.

21 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

I miss the speed and pace of the game, but you simplify it however you want if it makes you feel better. It comes across as pretty condescending and self righteous, but you do you.

Huh? I certainly didn't mean to put any of that in there! Sorry if I came across that way, I was under the impression that quite a few people miss coptering. I started after parkour 2.0, so I can only speak to what I've been told. My understanding (from comments and videos) is that without coptering movement was much slower than it is now. So since you spoke about the old system being faster, it seemed natural to think that you were referring to coptering.

22 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Huh? I certainly didn't mean to put any of that in there! Sorry if I came across that way, I was under the impression that quite a few people miss coptering. I started after parkour 2.0, so I can only speak to what I've been told. My understanding (from comments and videos) is that without coptering movement was much slower than it is now. So since you spoke about the old system being faster, it seemed natural to think that you were referring to coptering.

Sorry if I mistook your tone, it was as common insult/accusation here for a while after parkour 2.0 came out, and it side lined the actual conversation. Basically, parkour 2.0 added a whole bunch of vertical mobility, that's cool right? Right. They also got rid of coptering at the same time, and that made sense because they'd never really been happy with it. It was an unintended result of the melee and movement system. They actually patched it out at one point, then put it back in because there were a lot of complaints about it's removal. Still cool right? Right. The issue that arose is that parkour 2.0, at the fastest you can go does not reward skilled players with as much linear traversal speed as coptering did, and it requires a ton more key presses to even get to that top speed, which is still slower. They also did some strange changes to the jumping physics, which removed the feeling of weight and inertia from warframes movement in the air, giving everything an extremely strange "floating" feel compared to the previous system,  like all the warframes are hollow and full of helium. So basically, coptering being gone didn't bother most of us, what bothered us was that parkour 2.0 required more key presses to go slower in a linear direction while feeling like we were in low gravity mode all the time. Combine that with how bad the bunny hopping wall jumping looks compared to wall running and the whole thing just seems pretty terrible to some of us.

Now, people who full on, foaming at the mouth, hated coptering were over joyed(these were the people who would attack everyone who used coptering as being exploiters taking advantage of a bug, even after it was intentionally added back in), and the new system had a much lower skill ceiling, so newer players were happier too. Some people loved the new feel, saying it felt more cinematic and cool, which I guess is a valid matter of taste.

10 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

They also did some strange changes to the jumping physics, which removed the feeling of weight and inertia from warframes movement in the air, giving everything an extremely strange "floating" feel compared to the previous system,  like all the warframes are hollow and full of helium.

Huh. First I've heard this. That's interesting.

10 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

So basically, coptering being gone didn't bother most of us, what bothered us was that parkour 2.0 required more key presses to go slower in a linear direction while feeling like we were in low gravity mode all the time.

Right, but that linear speed was only available through coptering. I get what you're saying though. I wasn't trying to be condescending, I was speaking (writing) literally because I thought that's what you meant.

Personally, I can go fast enough that I can't really handle it, and I get caught on the ceiling or a door frame or a crate. I'm pretty decent at parkour 2.0, and can outrun most people without using any parkour mods or rush (my favorite is the bullet->double->roll combo), but I feel like any more speed would be a waste because it wouldn't be controllable.

But then, maybe that's a consequence of "floatiness."

Either way, I think the parkour rooms are pretty easy once you're used to parkour 2.0. Although they are obviously designed for the old system, and parts are awkward because of that.

Edited by Lord_Azrael

1 hour ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

Because it was, is, and forever will be slow and ugly, and I want frogger frame to go away?

Yet you're doing fine and its not hindering your performance in missions. If you really mastered parkour 2.0  then those rooms shouldn't be a problem. I mean they're pretty straight forward, they don't have alternate routes like some spy missions have.

3 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Either way, I think the parkour rooms are pretty easy once you're used to parkour 2.0. Although they are obviously designed for the old system, and parts are awkward because of that.

I don't disagree, like I said, I'm sure I could finish them if I worked at it. It's just that these Ayatan's are the first excuse I've honestly had to try for any reason, and it would sure be nice to have a retry button so we could jump right back in to them. Maybe the Maroo mechanics aren't as awful to everyone as they are to some of us, but I do fail to see how adding a retry button would negatively impact anyone. Some people get a feature they don't need or won't make use of, but it would solve a huge annoyance for some of us.

I'm not here mentioning this because I have some huge beef with the new mission. I have some legitimate dislikes, but that's not really the point. I literally tried to do the vault three or four times, failing by a hair's width, and having to load in to the extremely laggy maroo instance and relaunch it each time. Relays already make everyone move slower for some horrible reason, so there's the snail like progress to get back to Maroo first. Then a crowded instance literally make's Maroo sit there not responding after you hit the X key for a good long pause even before the  dialogue that you can't skip starts, followed by the awkward waiting for players instead of just launching the mission.

I'm not saying it's un-workable, just that I literally did it a few times and then looked up the actual mechanical value of the Endo and decided it was a waste of time and just wasn't worth putting up with all that. If that's how DE wants it, then that's fine, but I don't see the harm in mentioning it.

1 minute ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

I'm not saying it's un-workable, just that I literally did it a few times and then looked up the actual mechanical value of the Endo and decided it was a waste of time and just wasn't worth putting up with all that. If that's how DE wants it, then that's fine, but I don't see the harm in mentioning it.

Fair enough. Nobody's saying that you have to do it or you're a scrub. Personally I stayed up all night looking for more statues for my ship (I'm only missing one!), so I care way more about them than the endo value. Endo-wise they should be worth a lot more.

3 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

and having to load in to the extremely laggy maroo instance and relaunch it each time. Relays already make everyone move slower for some horrible reason, so there's the snail like progress to get back to Maroo first. Then a crowded instance literally make's Maroo sit there not responding after you hit the X key for a good long pause even before the  dialogue that you can't skip starts, followed by the awkward waiting for players instead of just launching the mission.

Sounds like you had a full relay. I'll bet that by tomorrow traffic will be down to normal levels, again.

Put a timer countdown in the corner of the screen when the parkour room challenge starts. Maybe a line of Maroo dialogue about a timed trap that will forever seal it off if you're not fast enough as you enter the area before you step on the starting plate. Done.

(For the record I love these because I used to do every parkour room I found when I was new.)

Edited by Zendadaist
the spells

Lol....Parcour?  You can literally AIMGLIDE through whole room.   Any of these rooms. 

Or...like...Just get yourself Titania or Zephyr... 

And timer is ok.

Also....You can just find these statues in normal missions.   I did a few runs in the void and found me some.... One of them was right inside capture target's escape pod.

• 3 weeks later...

I always play with my handy Xbox360 controller (on PC), but had to switch the controls around just a tiny bit to get parkour to be fantastic. Give it a whirl, there's no problem if a particular set-up isn't comfortable, since there's a handy dandy reset switch! <3

• 3 weeks later...

If using your brain to complete a puzzle is hard just search it on youtube,also keyboard controls are fine and in most of these puzzles you just need to bullet jump a few times or climb a wall all of them are easy.Those missions being times is pretty dumb because if you fail you can restart it anyways so don't know whats the point of that.Don't expect Warframe to explain you anything tutorials are trash just like always.

Edited by Dinoba

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2016 at 1:26 AM, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I don't know what you're talking about, I finished it up first try, only because I know how these rooms work.
I'd also suggest not blaming the mode itself, but rather blame the method you are using to progress through these timed-parkour rooms.

It's easy enough with mouse and keyboard, and I understand you use controllers. You just need practice is all. Don't freak on the mission just because you couldn't do it at first, learn and get better.

he is also trying to say that mission puts you through several pointless loading screens and dialogue all "unskippable" ;these missions could just have been in same tab as alerts,missions and sorties

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to have to agree with him. After getting around;

2 Orokin cells,

3 Mutagen samples,

and

1,200 Nano spores

I lost it all to a 3 part parkour run that gives new players no time to asses or even just think at all. The time limit is pretty ridiculous to, it allows no room for trial and error.

On 9/21/2016 at 7:48 PM, Legacy_STALKER said:

its easy.painfuly easy 

You need to take into account all the newer players and the fact that all the runs can be different.

1 hour ago, Purpleturtle434 said:

3 Mutagen samples,

and

1,200 Nano spores

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get these back soon enough.  :)  (I'll admit that the loss of the o-cells is painful for new players, though)

It's been said before, but these vaults can be played elsewhere in the game. I highly recommend spending some time getting to know them. It'll mean some frustration in the beginning, but you can alleviate a lot of that by watching youtube videos about the vaults.

• 1 month later...

I love the game. Granted i've probably been playing it at a fairly surface level (just started Mars and have only done map locations- no missions related to a specific mechanic in the game). I was planning on coming onto the forums at some point in the future to mention a few of the small issues i can see with the game but now i've tried the Ayatan weekly mission and it's just maddening! I like playing through maps properly but since there is no other way.. (is there ?) to practice the end-of-map-challenges then it seems to me that at least for some time now the only way of playing that mission that is semi-respectful of my time is to just dodge everything and rush for the end to see what challenge i get and then try to stumble through it. No luck so far. This also really makes me "appreciate" the fact that under my stats there's a stat for failing or leaving missions. I'm totalling less than 20 when adding both up and they are all from situations where i'm stuck behind a locked door in Ayatan (granted i now know to rush for the door and that probably won't happen again) or when i fail the movement challenge OR (and this is hilarious that it gets counted) i leave the Movement 2.0 tutorial after testing recoil patterns (since there is no easy to access shooting range) when choosing which guns to sell or keep after levelling them.