Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gilded Shores (OOC/off-topic)

bowiespoon

1 minute ago, CelestialSabre said:

Thx. Btw, if i wanted to bring an oc in, how would i go about doing that? Any specific landing site, etc?

there's this HQ-thing in the city outskirts, which is currently where most of the tenno are. I've no objections to you joining, but I feel that I should let you know that the RP is nearing the end. If you don't mind that, I could give you a summary of everything that's taken place to get you caught up.

1 minute ago, bowiespoon said:

there's this HQ-thing in the city outskirts, which is currently where most of the tenno are. I've no objections to you joining, but I feel that I should let you know that the RP is nearing the end. If you don't mind that, I could give you a summary of everything that's taken place to get you caught up.

Thats cool. Hit me with ur best shot

2 hours ago, CelestialSabre said:

Thats cool. Hit me with ur best shot

Where to even start? It's been a really, really dense 122 pages...

So, various tenno arrive, having received the transmission, to find that the rebellion they've agreed to assist is poorly armed and woefully small. Their leader, Vlad, is a former member of an organization called the Knights of the Sundered Eclipse, and is a highly trained warrior who has recently returned to his homeland to free his people. Alongside him are several other figures of note: an assassin from the same organization who's name was never disclosed, a mercenary named Sergei - an old friend of Vlad's who spoke with a rasp, and covered his head and face with an eyepatch, a balaclava, and a hood, and an ex-corpus man who oversaw the rebellion's logistics.

The hideout the tenno had gathered at, however, was raided by a corpus security team. The tenno dispatched them with ease - as they tend to do. However, a figure who some of the tenno had briefly crossed swords with was leading the attack - a gunslinger who went by the title of 'the Constable'. His purpose for being within the city was unclear, as he had no previously known affiliations with the corpus. Ultimately, he eluded capture, and the tenno were forced to relocate.

Once the tenno had been informed of the situation within the city, they set off to neutralize their first target - the admiral of the corpus blockade around the planet. Rather than eliminate him, the tenno assigned to the task opted instead to buy him off. However, a strange man wearing a corrupted faceplate who had been present on the bridge had attempted to kill them upon learning of the Admiral's betrayal. Once the tenno had left the ship, a void portal had opened up on the bridge, and another figure with void keys embedded into his arms was revealed to have been pulling the Admiral's strings all along.

While this was happening, another tenno was sent out to assassinate a man named Taln - a vile man who was involved with something of a Corpus black market. All of the guards had already been slain however, and with some sort of incendiary weapon. Only Taln had been left alive, and half of his face was burnt into a crisp. When interrogated about it, he revealed the he had been selling tenno parts to an organization, who had grown displeased with Taln's price gouging. To correct his behavior, they had dispatched a single man to deliver a message - which was in the form of burning his guards alive and melting Taln's face, all the while claiming that they were letting him off easy. 

When first team of tenno arrived at the new base, Vlad revealed that the Constable and the figure with the faceplate were members of an organization called the Hierarchy. The organization's ultimate goal was the restoration of the Orokin empire - with them as its new leaders. The Hierarchy was divided into five branches, each with its own ideas about how to bring about the return of the empire. The Constable was a prominent figure of the Marshals, one of the five branches, and the man with the one of the corrupted faceplates was one of his soldiers, who wore the faceplates as symbols of their service and dedication to the empire. The Constables ultimate goal was to bring the city under the rule of the Hierarchy, secretly plotting to overthrow the corpus even as he worked alongside them. The governor of the city, Aandev, and the Constable would butt heads several times over various actions to take in response to the growing rebellion. Surprisingly, the Constable seemed to be the more compassionate one, while Aandev had no qualms in spending civilian lives to get the results he wanted.

Meanwhile, Tarnas (the tenno assigned to eliminate Taln), had spotted movement outside the building, and chased a cloaked figure through the second ring (the industrial sector of the city). The figure carved down any corpus in his path as he fled, revealing that he was working in opposition to both the Corpus and the Rebellion. Ultimately, Tarnas cornered the assassin, who tore off his sleeves to expose arrays of void keys embedded into his flesh. Utilizing the keys in combat, the assassin was able to wield powers not unlike a tenno, and proved himself a highly formidable opponent. However, Tarnas managed to finish him off.

Around halfway through Tarnas's fight, more of these assassins ambushed the main strike team of tenno. As they fought over the rooftops of the second and third rings, it was revealed that they belonged to another branch of the Hierarchy, the Inquisition. While the Marshals wanted to conquer the city, the Inquisition saw the city as tainted (for reasons only known to the High Inquisitor), and wanted to wipe out all life within it. To this end, they were weakening both the Rebels and the Corpus, letting the two factions kill each other off and make the Inquisition's job all the easier.

After the fight, one of the tenno learned that an old friend of theirs, Sarah, had been captured by the Inquisition following the events of Hunt for the Rogue. She had been subjected to cruel experiments with the intention of increasing an Inquisitors connection to the void, allowing them to use more of its powers. In order to conduct such experiments, void keys had been implanted in Sarah. Her warframe had been taken from her upon her capture, and she was forced to carry out the Inquisitions will, or be reduced into a hollow puppet that would serve their whims regardless.

After this, the tenno were assigned new targets, and broken into three teams. Tarnas was sent out to the first ring to shatter the illusions that it was impregnable, and caused a LOT of collateral damage. Mia (the Nyx who had known Sarah) was sent out to eliminate Aden Vochester, an inventor with something of a love of blood sport. After crashing one of his arena's, she finally ran into Sarah, who urged her to leave the city. Aden Vocheser was nowhere to be found. Not one to be dismissed so easily, Mia insisted on visiting the Inquisition's void tower orbiting above the planet. Though she claimed that she was gathering information, her goal was actually to find a way to free Sarah. She succeeded, and they raced off in Mia's liset to join up with the third team, who had ventured into the frozen wastelands in search of a possible ally.

(I'm gonna be a bit more brief, as this is starting to really cramp up my hands)

The third team found the people they were searching for, and sought an audience with their leader to gain his support. However, Sergei got there first and slew their leader, revealing himself to be the late King's brother, who had led his own rebellion against him years ago and failed. He pledged his newly-gained forces to the cause, ordering them to wait around the city until the final push.

Around this time, strange encoded messages had begun to be picked up by the tenno. The sender and intended receiver were unknown, but possessed a disturbing amount of knowledge about the events within the city, claiming to be part of something called the 'great game'. Vlad was also secretly in communication with the sender, though he had no idea about the messages. The sender referred to himself as the Spectator, and his origins were revealed in an old video log inside a derelict battleship sunken below the ice and snow of the planet's surface.

The tenno returned triumpantly, while the tenno within the city attempted to assassinate a grineer deserter named J'Taav, who was in control of Aandev's black-ops forces. They were unsuccessful, and J'Taav left the city unscathed. He was later revealed to be a major player in the mysterious Great Game, and his actions within the city had an ulterior motive. What he accomplished is unknown.

Other stuff happens, but really didn't affect the plot in any major way.

finally, Sarah, Mia, Aria, and Svytoj set off to assassinate the High Inquisitor, and remove the Hierarchy from the picture. They have currently eliminated his strongest subordinates, and are about to confront him.

On the ground, the rebels started to fire upon each other, under control of the High Inquisitor - who has the power to control minds. This sent the rebel forces into chaotic dissarray, and threatened to crush the rebellion before it had even started. Vlad attempted to do damage control, stalling the final push until the troops were reassured, but Tarnas grew impatient and insisted that they strike now, threatening to start killing the troops, and eventually even the entire city. After giving Tarnas multiple chances to stand down, Vlad believed that Tarnas was to great a threat to be allowed to live, and attempted to strike him down. Tarnas proved to be a superior fighter, and killed Vlad.

Now most of the rebels have lost the will to fight, their leader is dead, and the High Inquisitor's plans to wipe out the city are nearly complete.

Oh, and I should mention, whether or not this rebellion succeeds is entirely up in the air. This RP can be 'failed'.

Edited by bowiespoon

My hands ache so much from all the typing right now..... but it was fun going back and rereading the RP.

I know I skipped a few events, but they didn't directly influence the main plot. If anyone sees that I missed something important, let me know.

Oh, and if I use certain words a bit too much, I'm sorry. I was pretty tired when I wrote this.

Edited by bowiespoon

So, this'll interest anyone who is interested in playing For Honor. Starting Feb 9, there will be an open beta. When you do so, you will be asked to join one of three factions, and the faction that wins the most points by the end gets some gear exclusive only to them.

In the closed beta, the Vikings absolutely stomped everyone else, so I think I'll be deserting the knights.

Oh, and its also a stupidly fun game. 

4 hours ago, Daakjenaar said:

I don't think my computer can handle it.

Plus, I've been playing a lot of Paladins lately.

My little brother was running the game just fine on his toaster of a laptop. Try the beta when it comes out, see how it runs on your rig.

Edited by bowiespoon

they'd probably still use it for looks and/or if they've already sunk potatoes and puzzle pieces I think. Some equipment is just too cool to not keep using even after finding replacements.

With a bit of generalizing from my end, for honor reminds me of DFO: going through maps with different char classes beating up mooks

So, what do you guys think I should call the second/sequel RP? It's going to be set on a gradivus-dilemma ravaged mars. The amount of valuable war salvage left from one of the Corpus and Grineer's largest conflict has sparked something of a gold rush, similar to what happened in the American west. The grineer aren't too happy about people trying to steal their spoils of war, however, and are also fighting to grab as much salvage as possible before it's gone. In addition, the Heir - the object of the conflict that is known as the great game - has been located on mars, and players both new and familiar are fighting a secret war over it.

Working title so far is Red Sands, though I'm curious as to what you guys think it should be called.

Edited by bowiespoon

7 hours ago, souldrive11 said:

they'd probably still use it for looks and/or if they've already sunk potatoes and puzzle pieces I think. Some equipment is just too cool to not keep using even after finding replacements.

With a bit of generalizing from my end, for honor reminds me of DFO: going through maps with different char classes beating up mooks

I don't know what DFO is, but I'd say that For Honor most closely resembles Dark Souls 2 in terms of combat. There's only one gamemode where you kill the foot soldiers, while the rest are purely player vs player, which is the meat of the game. Even the gamemode with the minions is mostly pvp.

Honestly though, that comparison isn't the greatest. I'd recommend playing it for yourself on the 9th.