Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gilded Shores (OOC/off-topic)

bowiespoon

7 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

So, what do you guys think I should call the second/sequel RP? It's going to be set on a gradivus-dilemma ravaged mars. The amount of valuable war salvage left from one of the Corpus and Grineer's largest conflict has sparked something of a gold rush, similar to what happened in the American west. The grineer aren't too happy about people trying to steal their spoils of war, however, and are also fighting to grab as much salvage as possible before it's gone. In addition, the Heir - the object of the conflict that is known as the great game - has been located on mars, and players both new and familiar are fighting a secret war over it.

Working title so far is Red Sands, though I'm curious as to what you guys think it should be called.

Considering it takes place on Mars, I pretty much have to use Tarnas. If you want to know why, I guess you'll have to wait for the RP to start.

11 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

I don't know what DFO is, but I'd say that For Honor most closely resembles Dark Souls 2 in terms of combat. There's only one gamemode where you kill the foot soldiers, while the rest are purely player vs player, which is the meat of the game. Even the gamemode with the minions is mostly pvp.

Honestly though, that comparison isn't the greatest. I'd recommend playing it for yourself on the 9th.

Tfw when you had a For Honor beta code but couldn't do S#&$ with it so you had to give it away. 

I've been addicted too much to SMITE tactics. Much fun I swear.

11 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

So, what do you guys think I should call the second/sequel RP? It's going to be set on a gradivus-dilemma ravaged mars. The amount of valuable war salvage left from one of the Corpus and Grineer's largest conflict has sparked something of a gold rush, similar to what happened in the American west. The grineer aren't too happy about people trying to steal their spoils of war, however, and are also fighting to grab as much salvage as possible before it's gone. In addition, the Heir - the object of the conflict that is known as the great game - has been located on mars, and players both new and familiar are fighting a secret war over it.

Working title so far is Red Sands, though I'm curious as to what you guys think it should be called.

Crimson lands? Unburned lands? It'd certainly rhyme with vol. 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

Tfw when you had a For Honor beta code but couldn't do S#&$ with it so you had to give it away. 

I've been addicted too much to SMITE tactics. Much fun I swear.

Out of curiosity, why couldn't you use your beta code?

6 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

I have a game so old (1995) I needed to install a virtual machine with Windows XP to run it.
1332388-stars_screenshot.jpg

great, now I want to find a copy of SimEarth somewhere :s

nothing like nuking your planet and letting invincible robots take over the planet from the ashes

For the record, in my opinion, Tarnas isn't 'evil'. I tried to give him a morality similar to Handsome Jack or a Renegade Mass Effect character. Trying to complete his mission, with good intentions, but basically doesn't care about individual lives. His more evil-ish moments are heavily influenced by Felix from Red Vs Blue, trying to create as much fear and panic as possible.

Tl;Dr Tarnas is a moral gray area.

On 02/16/2017 at 10:45 PM, bowiespoon said:

How do you even have a full terrabyte of their songs? Don't they only have like 4 albums or something?

To quote Doc (Kind of) "It's very high quality audio."

Also, because it's the future. And for all we know, they could've become those head jar people from Futurama.

Daak, I've got no problem with you trying to sabotage the plan to assault the city - quite the opposite, it makes the story more interesting for me to have unknown elements in play - but I am trying to wrap up this RP, so I would greatly appreciate it if we could reach some sort of resolution.

With that said, I've more or less ironed out all the details of the next RP, so as soon as this one closes, Red Sands can begin :)

I'll confess, I'm really eager for this RP to be done. Not because I dislike it - far from it. But rather because I'm super hyped for the next RP. It's gonna be a bit different from this RP, in terms of how the plot unfolds, though you may or may not notice the difference. Rather than be one overarching plot, it will be multiple plotlines that mesh and intertwine with one another, often bringing the tenno involved in each at odds with each other. I really wanna hammer home the feeling that this world is alive, with character interactions and events happening even while the tenno aren't around.

17 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

I'll confess, I'm really eager for this RP to be done. Not because I dislike it - far from it. But rather because I'm super hyped for the next RP. It's gonna be a bit different from this RP, in terms of how the plot unfolds, though you may or may not notice the difference. Rather than be one overarching plot, it will be multiple plotlines that mesh and intertwine with one another, often bringing the tenno involved in each at odds with each other. I really wanna hammer home the feeling that this world is alive, with character interactions and events happening even while the tenno aren't around.

Question for the next RP:

Can people beside the DM do worldbuilding? I'm not going to reveal much, but my plan involves a crashed formorian.

Just now, Daakjenaar said:

Question for the next RP:

Can people beside the DM do worldbuilding? I'm not going to reveal much, but my plan involves a crashed formorian.

The idea is that there are hundreds upon hundreds of downed ships littering the surface, shot down during the gradivus dialemma and subsequent corpus attempts to retake mars. With the events of this RP drawing Corpus and Grineer attention elsewhere, people are heading to these vast expanses of crashed ships to salvage what they can. So a crashed fomorian would hardly be out of place here.

To answer your question a bit better: As long as it doesn't contradict anything I say (and I highly doubt that will happen), go right ahead.

Bowie, I may have witnessed the greatest episode of On The Spot (Rooster Teeth) of all time.

Team 1  (because it's a game show) Consisted of Barbara Dunkleman (AKA Barbara Pun-Kleman) and her dad (They're both Canadian). Team 2 was Joel Heyman  (Who I hope needs no introduction) And Tyler, that one guy who used to be on Free Play.

My life is complete.