Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gilded Shores (OOC/off-topic)

bowiespoon

4 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

E3 is so pathetic that it's actually hilarious

I don't know, the new XCOM 2 DLC looks pretty awesome.

2 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

Well, it looks like page 22 is where we want to pick up again. Really sorry about all this guys, and I promise I won't let this happen again.

I guess this is a good chance to retcon Clogori, and rewrite him as a much better/sinister character.

9 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

I don't know, the new XCOM 2 DLC looks pretty awesome.

I guess this is a good chance to retcon Clogori, and rewrite him as a much better/sinister character.

Yes, but XCOM is XCOM, and XCOM excels at making silly things awesome

Does anyone else here play Darkest Dungeon? It just got an awesome new expansion, and I've been playing a ton of it lately.

For those who haven't heard of it, it's a lovecraft-inspired turn-based game where you send flawed and woefully inadequate heroes to combat a tireless evil.

Oh, and it's also got the coolest narrator and art style ever. Take a look.

Edited by bowiespoon

45 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

I might try it eventually, but I just started playing F-Zero X (Nintendo 64) and Mass Effect 2 again. I am excited about the Steam Summer Sale, though.

N64: good games, but I get arm cramps just thinking about the controller. I still gotta go back to SW: rogue squadron some time.

I'm going into the sale with no expectations. that way whatever I can find won't bring disappointment.

4 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

Does anyone else here play Darkest Dungeon? It just got an awesome new expansion, and I've been playing a ton of it lately.

For those who haven't heard of it, it's a lovecraft-inspired turn-based game where you send flawed and woefully inadequate heroes to combat a tireless evil.

Oh, and it's also got the coolest narrator and art style ever. Take a look.

that reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGsTZtH8308

25 minutes ago, souldrive11 said:

N64: good games, but I get arm cramps just thinking about the controller. I still gotta go back to SW: rogue squadron some time.

I'm going into the sale with no expectations. that way whatever I can find won't bring disappointment.

And that's why I have my Wii, still. I can play Final Fantasy, F-Zero, and some other old Nintendo stuff on there.

Despite how my last few RPs have gone, I decided I want to try and do another one eventually. (Sometime in the next several months)

I was wondering if anyone wanted to give me their opinion on the concepts I haven't scrapped yet.

13 hours ago, Daakjenaar said:

Despite how my last few RPs have gone, I decided I want to try and do another one eventually. (Sometime in the next several months)

I was wondering if anyone wanted to give me their opinion on the concepts I haven't scrapped yet.

can't give you an opinion on the concepts you haven't scrapped yet without knowing what said concepts are ^^;

This is, in my opinion, my most promising concept:

After successfullying capturing Tarnas on Mars (Which will most likely happen), Clogori brought him to orbit to a corpus cruiser, commandeered by Perrin operatives that had been hired by Clogori. Clogori requests mercenary aid in transporting Tarnas, which is the role of everyone participating.

The engines fail during an orbital maneuver over Europa, causing the ship to crash land on the planet. The ship miraculously survived partially unscathed, but much of the crew is dead, the comms systems are damaged, and Tarnas is out of stasis.

The goals of the RP are essentially just to survive, scavenge for supplies, and try to get the comms to work to ask for evac. During all of this, they have to evade an enraged, heavily armed Tarnas, who's become significantly more powerful thanks to the Infested taking over most of his body.

The only problems I see with this concept are a) Getting everyone to try and cooperate, b) the fact that I have to make Tarnas an intimidating foe, and c) Not having the plot get derailed by side stories.

9 hours ago, Daakjenaar said:

After successfullying capturing Tarnas on Mars (Which will most likely happen), Clogori brought him to orbit to a corpus cruiser, commandeered by Perrin operatives that had been hired by Clogori. Clogori requests mercenary aid in transporting Tarnas, which is the role of everyone participating.

The engines fail during an orbital maneuver over Europa, causing the ship to crash land on the planet. The ship miraculously survived partially unscathed, but much of the crew is dead, the comms systems are damaged, and Tarnas is out of stasis.

The goals of the RP are essentially just to survive, scavenge for supplies, and try to get the comms to work to ask for evac. During all of this, they have to evade an enraged, heavily armed Tarnas, who's become significantly more powerful thanks to the Infested taking over most of his body.

The only problems I see with this concept are a) Getting everyone to try and cooperate, b) the fact that I have to make Tarnas an intimidating foe, and c) Not having the plot get derailed by side stories.

Just make sure that Tarnas never takes on more than two tenno at a time, and I think it could work. Just make sure that you have a beginning middle and ending planned out to maintain pacing.

11 hours ago, Daakjenaar said:

much rambling incoming

a. from a player perspective, it's highly likely that there's going to be at least one who wants to solo it, so you'll have to keep that in mind, even if it doesn't come up. possibly having problems that have to be dealt and horrible consequences for running off by their lonesome? I assume most players aren't going to make ocs out the wazoo, but what's to stop them from making enough chars to just handle all the problems themselves? (I assume there's going to be an oc cap in this case)

b. environment can help play a roll, hindering as much as helping the alien vs predator players. Unless that's what you're going for, I assume Tarnas isn't going to go full j-golem on us. Powerful is one thing, but threatening is another; maybe expand his inventory besides cloaking, now infested tankiness, and rage?

c. state your intentions early on, and crack down hard if someone tries to derail? rocks fall everyone dies is a tried and true method. 

you'll also have to come up with reasons why the players can't just call in airlifts or nuke the place. corpus ship is one thing, but taking down the players' too? that'll take a bit of thinking. I'm assuming that you're not limiting ocs to strictly tenno? what's stopping ocs from just attacking other players? will that kind of behaviour be encouraged, frowned upon? Have some sort of idea (hard or not) how you want the thing  to start, fill out, and end. Even if it goes completely off the rails you've got at least an idea where you want to go and can pull the players back towards it.

as a personal note, I'd love it if you can give a reason why perrin would be interested in this in the first place.

12 minutes ago, souldrive11 said:

much rambling incoming

a. from a player perspective, it's highly likely that there's going to be at least one who wants to solo it, so you'll have to keep that in mind, even if it doesn't come up. possibly having problems that have to be dealt and horrible consequences for running off by their lonesome? I assume most players aren't going to make ocs out the wazoo, but what's to stop them from making enough chars to just handle all the problems themselves? (I assume there's going to be an oc cap in this case)

b. environment can help play a roll, hindering as much as helping the alien vs predator players. Unless that's what you're going for, I assume Tarnas isn't going to go full j-golem on us. Powerful is one thing, but threatening is another; maybe expand his inventory besides cloaking, now infested tankiness, and rage?

c. state your intentions early on, and crack down hard if someone tries to derail? rocks fall everyone dies is a tried and true method. 

you'll also have to come up with reasons why the players can't just call in airlifts or nuke the place. corpus ship is one thing, but taking down the players' too? that'll take a bit of thinking. I'm assuming that you're not limiting ocs to strictly tenno? what's stopping ocs from just attacking other players? will that kind of behaviour be encouraged, frowned upon? Have some sort of idea (hard or not) how you want the thing  to start, fill out, and end. Even if it goes completely off the rails you've got at least an idea where you want to go and can pull the players back towards it.

as a personal note, I'd love it if you can give a reason why perrin would be interested in this in the first place.

a) Anyone who solos it will have an... interesting time.

B) Regen, strength, guns... Tarnas is going to basically be one of the Baker family members from RE7. With guns. And parkour. And intelligence.

c) Trust me. People are going to die in this RP. I will add a disclaimer because of this, though.

d) I'll take the Alien: Covenant route and say most communications are out because of electrical storms or other "Science" stuff. If people start killing each other, it could make for interesting tension, especially when Tarnas maybe comes out of nowhere to try and kill them.

e) The motives for the Perrin operatives is basically money.

4 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

a) Anyone who solos it will have an... interesting time.

B) Regen, strength, guns... Tarnas is going to basically be one of the Baker family members from RE7. With guns. And parkour. And intelligence.

c) Trust me. People are going to die in this RP. I will add a disclaimer because of this, though.

d) I'll take the Alien: Covenant route and say most communications are out because of electrical storms or other "Science" stuff. If people start killing each other, it could make for interesting tension, especially when Tarnas maybe comes out of nowhere to try and kill them.

e) The motives for the Perrin operatives is basically money.

I'm willing to give it a shot. Question though, would you object to me using an Inquisitor as my character?

10 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

I'm willing to give it a shot. Question though, would you object to me using an Inquisitor as my character?

I wouldn't object. However, the RP isn't starting for a few more days, maybe a week, as I iron out some details and wait for enough free time to get the RP going after I post it.

Edited by Daakjenaar

voiceover was a bit muffled for me to comprehend. multiple harrows popping up after is gonna be strange indeed from a lore perspective, unless they manage to explain that out. I mean the comic didn't leave the original(?) guy in the best way. Think it'll be too much to hope that they reincorporate body surfing in-mission during the quest?