Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mission Idea] In response to Veteran Players Wanting a Challenge: Stronghold Mission

FoxFX

On 9/22/2016 at 1:53 PM, DiabolusUrsus said:

Definitely an interesting concept, but I still believe that we won't see a proper challenge until we accept a more... disciplined degree of game balance.

I like challenges. I don't like being required to cheese cheese with more intense cheese.

Nullifiers and certain eximus just need to be replaced. I'd like to see a new sort of enemy scaling, i.e above level 60 Corpus Techs start placing down one-way energy barriers, Grineer start bringing in heavier weapons on their basic units, heavier armor that makes them invulnerable in certain places? Then go up to level 150+, enemies get upgraded again and get even more utility functions to make them harder to fight. 

Special events for rooms, including this stronghold mission, would be a nice one to see. You get a messsage from Lotus, such as "A Nullifier fortification has been detected ahead", and a room full of Corpus behind barriers would be there, the entire room covered in a nullifier field. I should probably make a thread for both of these.

As for the mode itself, I love the idea. It sounds like an amazing mode, especially with the dungeon crawler style, which would work well with above paragraph. But as the dude I quoted said, there's issues that need to be addressed first, such as enemy cheese and cheesing their cheese. Notable examples being nullifiers and Naramon/maiming strike. 

On 24/12/2016 at 9:11 PM, MokutoBunshi said:

negative stats are USEFUL. there was a vid a youtuber made where their ally would get radiated on purpose then get hit by a negative damage and HEAL.

]\'[

my fault wasn't specific, when I talke about negative stats I talking about lowering dammages of weapons

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2017 at 10:51 AM, FoxFX said:

New Devstreams have sparked new insight on the sandbox version of the Stronghold Mission Type. There might also be a new name for this concept soon.

Congrats. Do you have an updated / current draft for this? I'd love to help push for it to be implemented.