Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sparring weapons. Do you know what I dream about?

(PSN)Magician_NG

On 9/26/2016 at 10:39 AM, DragonSkllzz_of_OG said:

And it has a chance to disarm, just like when they use it. (but the homing effect and stats make it garbage so nobody uses it)

I don't see how a thrown weapon can ever be useful when thrown.

On 22/9/2016 at 7:31 PM, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

honVelm.gif

Almost every day it seems.

I want a stance with a combo that mirrors this.

Both Grim Fury and Brutal Tide are nice, and both are vastly different enough to warrant loving equally, but I want standing kick combos.

Yes, please, dear lord, yes.

I love my Kogakes and wishing for Kogake Prime (since my hope of a Sancti Kogake has been ruthlessly squashed). The stances are... alright (better than some others) but yeah, they need some love, as do the weapons.

I just can't help but sigh when I hear how hard it is to create 60 animations for a new weapon type... but they've done NOTHING for the EXISTING weapon types!

On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 5:10 AM, Duduminador said:

Why is the spin attack of Sparring weapons a NOT-uppercut? (then the spin of Fist weapons IS, but for whatever reason, it doesn't throw?)
altho, jump, double jump, roll, and spin attack on that order, kinda looks cool, you get to roll 3 times!

But really, it needs some love. And a Atatatata combo.
And a Rider kick.

Well, if you use the slide attack mid-air, you get to dropkick someone. Doing that with a Berserker Obex build is worth learning, if only for punting enemies out of the map.

1 hour ago, Keybopsef said:

+1 to all of this.

But so long as Warframe continues to use only one button for melee attacks it will never be as good as we all hope for.

Maybe add the reload button to combos?

14 hours ago, Nocam said:

It could work. Dynasty Warriors also had 2 buttons for combos, a fast and 'strong' attack.

In the end, I don't think we need dozens of combos though. We are still going only to use a couple :P

That said... I want my combos to be more badass and 'trained martial artist, taking on armies equipped with lazers, murderous kitties and robots', rather than 'hey, watch me dance'.

16 hours ago, Nocam said:

It could work.

But let's not forget we only have so many fingers.

Melee 3.0 with regular attacks on the mouse and blocking on another key with channelling all but gone because f*** channelling) could work rather nicely, I think. There are a few other games I've played that work like that but I've forgotten the names.

But let's not forget we only have so many fingers.

E and R are right next to each other, moving your finger a little to the said wouldn't be much of a problem.

Melee 3.0 with regular attacks on the mouse and blocking on another key with channelling all but gone because f*** channelling) could work rather nicely, I think. There are a few other games I've played that work like that but I've forgotten the names.

Channeling is good, the bad part is the absurd negative channeling efficiency DE put in the channeling mods. If DE removes Channeling efficiency Channeling will be good.

Yeah, two-key melee has been requested pretty much since stances were introduced, because honestly 'backward+E' is stupid.

2 hours ago, Tsoe said:

yeah a sparing stance like gaia tragedy for fist weapon but with some good kicks inside

Gaia's Tragedy doesn't get much love.

I hate that Kogake and Obex are polarized for Brutal Tide, but Brutal Tide is such a S#&$ty stance.