Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Rebecca

June 26Th: Community Hot Topics

Can we expect upgrade in graphic option?, weapon overhual to make every weapon have it's own personality?

thanks.

Be nice if the flux rifle would get fixed so its more effective, as it currently is even the braton m1 out dps's it and uses a hell of alot less ammo. Embers World on Fire also has gotten bugged, only hits 1 target at a time, amd is also missing the volcano of fire under the enemy hit effect it used to have, it also used to hit 3 targets at once max.

All I know is, it's incredibly frustrating to suddenly be unable to play with my friend, on LAN, as we have been for weeks (indeed, months). Even since the most recent hotfix it was working fine and then pow, suddenly, can't see him in contacts, even though when he whispers me manually it works, and I can reply just fine...

Ugh. =(

Yeah the netcode needs alot of work, for one its too bandwith intensive because it syncs up way to much stuff that it does not need to like item drops, once something leaves the body of the enemy it should be client side.

Alert System Improvements!

Dilution is indeed the issue. Rest assured that nothing has been removed from the pool, despite many rumors otherwise. The team has put together a new system (as well as simulated 2 years of the script to see results).  What we are striving for is a balance of what is fair for free and paying players.  RNG as RNG won’t cut it anymore, because “famines” can happen, which is obviously not fair.

What we want to stand behind is a system that guarantees every item *will* drop. Our current system is  random and only guarantees that every item *could* drop. This is a very simplistic version of the goal, but worth sharing to keep everyone in the loop.

4. Quest-able content!

This is a proposal we’re working on, it may not see the light of day, but it’s worth sharing. The idea is that instead of people waiting to get Alert rewards by chance (given feedback that: I don’t even need to play your game to get X, I just need to watch Twitter), we want to add a reward system for playing alerts in general. Doesn’t matter what alerts, but the more you play, the more likely the Lotus is to notice your contributions to the Tenno cause. She may just call on you for a special Quest, with a variety of rewards….

5. The “Great Warframe Buff”!

Yes, Scott submitted a “check-in” with this (Great Warframe Buff) as the title (for those of you who may not know, when a Warframe developer submits work it’s called a check-in). On this list was Mag, Volt, and Rhino. When this is deployed to our players, we will have concise areas to provide specific feedback on the changes we’ve made to improve the Warframes. More to come with this as the team makes more progress!

*1. im paying player , as well im hunt the alert mission to. as a paying player i think it would be great for me to look the other free player a % to get the rare drop also the paying player get the much more % chance to get the rare drop and even the orokin catalyst/reactor bp drop. idk for this but i think this is exciting idea, we paying it but more excited and got the special rare drop items and also need for the mod at shop (we can buy the rare/uncommon mod for plat(not for random)but listed for buying , and common mod for credit (fusion card, etc)

*2. i love this idea more alert we play we get the side quest (love this keep a good work)

*3 only mag,volt, and rhino? im still had my excallibur on my slot (why this one not? ), why the excal should the left behind thats so sad :'(

also i got an idea for the "stalker" why stalker alone, not the grup for an assassin? if we play a party stalker always appears alone, not thrilling enough. a group of tenno vs the assassin group. i can believe the party would win easy on this time against the group of an assassin .

dont forget the sentinel stat.. i love to see the sentinel stat :D

i hope the game more challangin and add more feature on future :*

According to the livestreams and such we can already expect a new system that takes the place of the current RNG and even the alert system is getting an overhaul (very soon if I remember right).

My biggest problem with the dojos wasn't even the resource costs, apart from circuits, they are pretty managable, but yes, even I found the speedbuilt dojos of huge clans less - envy I guess. The options to get some of those resources are too limited I think.

In case of circuits an infested defense on Ceres could solve the problem, as of now Bode is maybe the best source though with luck Varro can provide some with way less time consumed.

Forma is a worse case. I know it's to be bought with platinum. Sure, that's one way, but at the same time it's pretty irritating to get T3 keys from defenses (thankfully you can, and the chances are reasonable), fight through an increasingly boring Void extermination (takes too long killing nearly the same enemies you see everywhere) to get another latron part or the twelveth reaper bp. The reward pool on T3 void runs is disappointing - I barely play them as it takes too long while only forma is useful from those that I can win and there is nearly nothing worth getting on the map itself. Exterminations have less chance to get mods (while resistance mods are rather forgettable - sry, but barely ever seen any enemy that used frost against me for example).

Of course the prime stuff should be obtainable (kunai prime maybe? :D nyamm!), so touching the reward pool on Void missions again is not exactly a good idea. But if they made the void runs more profitable to begin with, more would play them.

Actually on void runs I noticed that most players flat out ignore lockers. They can't even drop resources so everyone only goes for the destructable containers which might hide a mod that can be good by a very slight chance. Of course DE could redesign some mods (or make some new) that can be(maybe only?) found in void missions, make lockers drop resources (maybe drop the prime parts bps by 0.1% chance and make some different finish-rewards for the mission?) but even that might be too shallow. I know I don't have enough money to get into the design council but maybe they would like this idea: void lockers could drop consumables that are only obtainable from them or for platinum.

- health or energy regen (similar to the artifacts but stronger for a limited time - for 30 seconds you get 5 hp/sec)

- lockpicks to open 1-5 locked containers per pick

- temporary pickup radius bonuses (like you get all pickups in a 50meters circle for 5 minutes)

- timed resistance bonuses to counter stuff like frozen/half shield maps (like 3minute immunity to a specific enviromental effect - sounds better for me than constantly using a mod  for that purpose) maybe overall damage restance like 20% damage absorbtion for 1min

- damage bonus for 1min

- attack speed bonus for 1min

- temporary max energy bonus (like 300 but only for 5min)

- stealth generator (30seconds of stealth for anyone or until broken by attacking/attacked)

- X-ray vision - seeing enemies (and/or drops) for 5min through walls like you see your teammates

- bigger health and shield packs

- 10 sec invulnerability

- rifle/sniper/shotgun or pistol ammo packs providing munitions for whole team on consumption

- placable autoturret that cannot move - lives 1min and shoots everything that isn't wearing pink shorts

- grenades (HE, Cluster/AntiArmor, incendiary, cryo, poison gas, stun/knockback/ragdoll like slide attack kogake etc.)

- throwing spear, 5 pieces per pack etc.

- teleportation marker - it comes in pairs, you put down the arrival marker first then either teleport there on next activation or put down a second marker for anyone to use... maybe even make it 2-way and active for 5 min or so making farming faster

- steroids, increased stamina regeneration for 5min or complete immunity to stamina drain for 10seconds

- key that for 15seconds, opens a gate to Hell

Whatever.

Some/most of these partially exist within the game already so implementing them shouldn't be too time consuming while they could provide a nice boost to anyone and maybe even open up a new market for platinum. A continous at that as these are consumables so you ought to buy new ones at some point.

4. Quest-able content!

This is a proposal we’re working on, it may not see the light of day, but it’s worth sharing. The idea is that instead of people waiting to get Alert rewards by chance (given feedback that: I don’t even need to play your game to get X, I just need to watch Twitter), we want to add a reward system for playing alerts in general. Doesn’t matter what alerts, but the more you play, the more likely the Lotus is to notice your contributions to the Tenno cause. She may just call on you for a special Quest, with a variety of rewards….

commence the sex jokes

"Great Warframe Buff" MAG.
:D

Everything else looks great too, thanks for the update!

5. The “Great Warframe Buff”!

Yes, Scott submitted a “check-in” with this (Great Warframe Buff) as the title (for those of you who may not know, when a Warframe developer submits work it’s called a check-in). On this list was Mag, Volt, and Rhino. When this is deployed to our players, we will have concise areas to provide specific feedback on the changes we’ve made to improve the Warframes. More to come with this as the team makes more progress!

And what about Ember? Especially Fireball Fire Blast and World On Fire could do with a bit more power. And WoF should target more enemies when leveled up. Three isn't very much if you compare it to Miasma or Crush, for example, that can empty a whole room in one go.

*pretty please*