Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Salty over beam removal?

(PSN)mmcareen

Only one of ten players I met on Akkad used these beams like at all. It doesn't really changes anything.

The reason why the people are salty is that another farm map was "modified" to make it less farmable or something.

It's a part of trend of DE removing and nerfing any "static farm' places. People like their safe farming locations and are afraid that DE will remove every mission node where you can max equipment in one-two runs without being carried.

1 minute ago, tutzdes said:

Only one of ten players I met on Akkad used these beams like at all. It doesn't really changes anything.

The reason why the people are salty is that another farm map was "modified" to make it less farmable or something.

It's a part of trend of DE removing and nerfing any "static farm' places. People like their safe farming locations and are afraid that DE will remove every mission node where you can max equipment in one-two runs without being carried.

I really really miss my sabotage stealth focus farming. That was a nice 30-45m to hit max focus daily.

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I really really miss my sabotage stealth focus farming. That was a nice 30-45m to hit max focus daily.

Running a few Sedna Exterminates maxes focus daily for me in the same amount of time. Loading screens only add about 30 seconds total.

18 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Running a few Sedna Exterminates maxes focus daily for me in the same amount of time. Loading screens only add about 30 seconds total.

I'll have to try that out, ty. I find that whenever i do exterminates and i get the booster i end up with ridiculous downtime, and whenever im waiting for the booster to pop up, i find all the enemies.

3 minutes ago, Jesde94 said:

Sssshhh, don't go giving DE any ideas now.

i don't get why they removed it when there are other missions where you can literally go under the map and kill from there...
akkad already was a small area with nearly no place to move , camp or do whatever.. it was already boring.. now it is even worse.. now i just need to stand in the middle and spam aoe with primaries while EVing and healing myself...

did it make akkads harder?
no 
less cheesy? infact not...

it just made people think of new ways to exploit to make it cheesier...

DE just wasted their time doing this XD

To be honest, map exploits should be gotten rid of like that. You weren't even able to be targeted by enemies and could just spam tonkor / simulor shots through it downwards while sitting safely up perched atop of it. Unfortunately already seeing people all going ivara and just using dashwire arrow now to stay above the area. But at least one part of the issue has been solved. Now they can be legitimate targets and get grappled down by ancients.

Looks like the Akkad XP Grinders will have to actually Git Gud instead of camping on beams

8 minutes ago, Cmdr-A said:

To be honest, map exploits should be gotten rid of like that. You weren't even able to be targeted by enemies and could just spam tonkor / simulor shots through it downwards while sitting safely up perched atop of it. Unfortunately already seeing people all going ivara and just using dashwire arrow now to stay above the area. But at least one part of the issue has been solved. Now they can be legitimate targets and get grappled down by ancients.

I'm gonna be super pissed if those people cause Ivara (one of my favorite frames) to get nerfed.

Then again, dashwires won't protect people from the common infested ranged attacks

Just now, Hayabusa97 said:

Looks like the Akkad XP Grinders will have to actually Git Gud instead of camping on beams

I'm gonna be super pissed if those people cause Ivara (one of my favorite frames) to get nerfed.

Then again, dashwires won't protect people from the common infested ranged attacks

Yeah, not what I meant. My thought was the other solution is to change the way the map is set up so theres a boxed in roof that disallows them from being able to go up so high as well. Wouldn't be too much effort.As is I think only ancient infested can harpoon people off of dashwires / ziplines. But i still think the height you can be at still cannot be reached by the common infected chargers / runners / leapers from being able to hack those ranged attacks at you.

I always used the container when I did this place but lately I've switched over to infested survivals to level Frames naramon galatine prime combo.    As for weapons I've always used spy missions.

Infested can shoot you too now, that's probably why they did this they probably couldn't shoot you on the beams they probably can on the container now.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

3 minutes ago, Cmdr-A said:

Yeah, not what I meant. My thought was the other solution is to change the way the map is set up so theres a boxed in roof that disallows them from being able to go up so high as well. Wouldn't be too much effort.As is I think only ancient infested can harpoon people off of dashwires / ziplines. But i still think the height you can be at still cannot be reached by the common infected chargers / runners / leapers from being able to hack those ranged attacks at you.

The common infested are like snipers with the gunk they spit (I was really high up in the elevator room on a dashwire in a Mot alert trying to hunt stars and they were spitting at me from like 100 meters off the ground from the opposite end of the room). Thankfully the projectiles are somewhat slow and easy to see in a gold and white room but they hurt a lot (a Level 40 charger took out around a quarter of my shields... I had 700 shields)