Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I for one am glad that Akkad is nerfed.

RS219

A week ago I played an alert on the infested defense tileset.

There was one player, an equinox with a Telos boltace. All that scrub did was stand up there on the rafters as everyone else fought, killed and defended the objective, only coming down once every five minutes to vacuum up the loot. I've never felt so much disgust for another player.

I wish I remembered that player's name, I should have added him/her to the block list.

And people are protesting and whining that they can't do that anymore? Seriously? Someone on the Warframe subreddit even went "Oh there's that orange cargo crate I always stand on in the corner, that's fine", how is just standing still and leeching off the mission just fine? Have these people any sense of shame and dignity?

A short afk is fine, of course. Maybe the oven caught fire or the dog is killing the cat or whatnot, then there's practically nothing wrong with saying that I/you gotta afk a short moment, fixing whatever needs done then coming back. But just cocooning in one corner and coming down just to hoover up all the loot? Simply put, no.

we dont need to punish entire community cz of small group of ppl...  me nerf dont effect i have all maxed mods  and enough endo to max at least 2 primed mod... but what with new players who will  grind even more...maxing one primed mod u need 40.920endo for just 1 mod....and most of them dont have basic mods maxed yet

You know Akkad was a nice quiet place where people could go to level up their gear when they coulnd't or wouldn't form a squad to Draco. Then the Draco neft came, and Akkad was flooded with people, and of course, Akkad got the axe, just like Draco, just like those big giant columns in ODD.

What is so wrong with wanting to level up gear fast? Putting one forma and leveling up the gear from scratch, sure, it takes time, but its not unreasonable. But when you want to fit 4 forma in your gear you dont want to spend a week leveling up the same thing over and over and over again.

For some of us there isn't much to do in the game besides forma our gear. Last week i rediscovered 2 weapons i didnt used since they were released, the Braton Prime and Ignis, i tried at first to level the Braton playing regular missions, but then it hit me that, i didnt have anything to do in those missions, and it was very time consuming. So i went to Bere, to max out both weapons AND relic farm. Those were the days i spent the most time in Warframe (loged in) since at least Titania, and then way before her, before SotR.

You know at first i was like you glad to see Draco gone, not because i was a random hater of Draco, but because i thought Draco ruined the experience of the game for new players. But then i realised, without the Void or Draco, veterans dont have much to do. So when last week i discovered by accident Bere (yep i didnt realise it was short for Berehnyia) i was really glad to have something to spend some time doing.

Edited by John89brensen

3 minutes ago, ashrah said:

we dont need to punish entire community cz of small group of ppl...  me nerf dont effect i have all maxed mods  and enough endo to max at least 2 primed mod... but what with new players who will  grind even more...maxing one primed mod u need 40.920endo for just 1 mod....and most of them dont have basic mods maxed yet

You'd need a quarter of that or so for a rank 8 primed mod. Past 8, things get too expensive for returns.

Just now, bejuizb said:

You'd need a quarter of that or so for a rank 8 primed mod. Past 8, things get too expensive for returns.

Too true, it costs a small fortune both in endo and credits to go from level 9 to 10, and its just one level. But it was also like this before the rework, in credits it was a lot more expensive.

2 minutes ago, ashrah said:

Oh, so... what, is the infested tileset a holy jerusalem that all new players absolutely have to jump in to quickly max their boosted/non-boosted gear? That's nonsense and you know it.

There are many other ways of leveling an item, and squatting in one mission until you unrank>30 it, possibly not even using it at all is not the right way. Sure, I understand some weapons are trash and an absolute pain to use (non-wrath Strun, Kama and all machetes in general etc. Give or take depending on the player's style) but it's not right to max a weapon without even at least getting a feel for it along the way.

You know it, and I know it.

We get one of these threads every single time something like this happens, and they all say the same thing ; "I'm okay with this nerf, because [anecdote]". I'm not sure what you expect us to say. It doesn't trigger much of a discussion.

This doesn't contribute to any argument in any way (like, for example, the argument that nerfing the symptom is not the way to go, or that there are other ways to fix the perceived problem, or that this doesn't solve afks etc.), but we acknowledge your opinion.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

5 minutes ago, RS219 said:

Oh, so... what, is the infested tileset a holy jerusalem that all new players absolutely have to jump in to quickly max their boosted/non-boosted gear? That's nonsense and you know it.

There are many other ways of leveling an item, and squatting in one mission until you unrank>30 it, possibly not even using it at all is not the right way. Sure, I understand some weapons are trash and an absolute pain to use (non-wrath Strun, Kama and all machetes in general etc. Give or take depending on the player's style) but it's not right to max a weapon without even at least getting a feel for it along the way.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate but when you say "this is wrong"...Nope. that's just another opinion. not fact. Nothing is wrong with just lvling up a weapon and not getting a feel for it. might not be the smartest thing to do but nowhere does it say it's wrong or right.

Just now, taiiat said:

the numbers of ways this can be accomplished without being basically AFK while 'playing' the game, are in such high number.

Playing the game while leveling up 4 times the same weapon is very time consuming. In any case, i never found Akkad to be an effective place to level up weapons, it was a nice place to level up Warframes that weren't welcomed in Draco squads.

Besides, removing the cheese factor from one mission doesnt solve anything, it just pisses people off. The problem is not the beams in Akkad, the problem is that there are afk builds. But hey, balancing seems to be taboo in this game sadly.

8 minutes ago, RS219 said:

ppl wish to max mods to can play all contents...players have enouh grind walls! dont get me wrong i not support afk  players... but wen to ppl can  farm stuff need to be enabled for all...in resonable amount not to force ppl to farm 1 moths to max 1 mod

Edited by ashrah

6 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

You know Akkad was a NICE QUIET PLACE where people could go to level up their gear when they coulnd't or wouldn't form a squad to DRACO. Then the Draco neft came, and Akkad was flooded with people, and of course, Akkad got the axe, just like Draco, just like those big giant columns in ODD.

What is so wrong with wanting to level up gear fast? Putting one forma and leveling up the gear from scratch, sure, it takes time, but its not unreasonable. But when you want to fit 4 forma in your gear you dont want to spend a week leveling up the same thing over and over and over again.

For some of us there isn't much to do in the game besides forma our gear. Last week i rediscovered 2 weapons i didnt used since they were released, the Braton Prime and Ignis, i tried at first to level the Braton playing regular missions, but then it hit me that, i didnt have anything to do in those missions, and it was very time consuming. So i went to Bere, to max out both weapons AND relic farm. Those were the days i spent the most time in Warframe (loged in) since at least Titania, and then way before her, before SotR.

You know at first i was like you glad to see Draco gone, not because i was a random hater of Draco, but because i thought Draco ruined the experience of the game for new players. But then i realised, without the Void or Draco, veterans dont have much to do. So when last week i discovered by accident Bere (yep i didnt realise it was short for Berehnyia) i was really glad to have something to spend some time doing.

Well there's your problem. If you wanted a nice and quiet way to level a weapon? Slap on a silencer (or not if it's melee), run a stealth frame and do a stealth exterminate on Sedna. While you're at it, also whip out the Synthesis scanner on everything before killing them all for bonus simaris points while you're at it. Weapon gets a huge chunk of exp, you get a huge chunk of syndicate rep, you get a huge chunk of simaris rep

Otherwise, leveling isn't supposed to be nice and quiet.

Just so you know, I forma'd my ignis and I maxed it in syndicate medallion farms as well as void sabotage runs. I didn't even pay attention to how much exp it racked up.

And what about invasions? Alerts? There are so many other ways to find a (mostly) competent PuG group and get exp easily other than doing the stagnant practice of visiting the same map over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Death to Draco, and likewise, death to the new Draco.

2 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Putting no effort in this.

Level up your stuff 4 times, the same gear, and tell me you dont want to do it fast. I admit that i used Draco to level up some weapons that i dont really like but just wanted to use for completion's sake (as in seeing the entire codex for gear full), but then again the bast majority of my Draco runs were to level up gear that was formad. I really dont see a problem with leveling up fast something you have already used, you are not really cheesing your way through anything.

2 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

Level up your stuff 4 times, the same gear, and tell me you dont want to do it fast. I admit that i used Draco to level up some weapons that i dont really like but just wanted to use for completion's sake (as in seeing the entire codex for gear full), but then again the bast majority of my Draco runs were to level up gear that was formad. I really dont see a problem with leveling up fast something you have already used, you are not really cheesing your way through anything.

It is faster your talking about using forma with your mastery lvl its way faster

Plus you can equip more mods early on oh even then orokin reactor makes it higher making it even faster O.O

Wow why are we asking why?

Edited by (XB1)Itz chibi

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Itz chibi said:

it makes the gear pointless you don't learn how to use it are try it out it ruins the game. I regret my early days of speed training items

its fun trying awful weapons any thing but glaive omg I hate glaive any weapon but glaive

Burh if you have speed leveled gear and don't now how to use it then you are doing something wrong. It;s all about how you play the game. You can speed level gear but that doesn't mean that you don't mess around with the gear. i have speed lvled almost all my gear except for a few things and i literally have formad most of the stuff i have leveled over and over and love to play around with every weapon in the game because this game allows you to do that. So don;t blame speed lvling for someone not knowing how to use a weapon lol. That is probably the most laziest excuse for someone now knowing how to use a weapon rofl. like seriously? come on now. Speed lvling has nothing to do with skill of a weapon. What does have something to do with skill of a weapon is how much a player plays with that weapons after that have put forma and mods into it and have played with it hours after hours, not if they lvled it up in an hour. lol

Edited by -CM-DarkSyndrome

It's nothing wrong with people, trying to maximize stuff as long as their enjoying the game I think. I personally thought it was boring, I did try shoothing with my penta in the rafters at akkad, but man was it boring but had a friend who needed quick cash. For me as a high Mr, I doesn't need to do any "cheesy" gamemodes to maximize my gear, but before the change to MR I did alot of runs on mercury survival, it was a bit tedious so I can understand new players pain a bit. But for me I could never stand staying still in the missions, but maybe some players do, your playing for fun right?

But after all I'm glad they remove any afk spots, I hated when players found afk spots in void survival before the relic change. I didn't really care that they were afk more that they pulled all the mobs to the location and made it harder for me to play.

4 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

Level up your stuff 4 times, the same gear, and tell me you dont want to do it fast.

Spoiler

RqBC0HA.jpg

AFAwPkn.jpg

QcHt1yt.jpg

CMW284B.jpg

I never said I want to level up my gear slowly. But I was actually playing the game while levelling my stuff fast.

Just now, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

Burh if you have speed leveled gear and don't now how to use it then you are doing something wrong. It;s all about how you play the game. You can speed level gear but that doesn't mean that you don't mess around with the gear. i have speed lvled almost all my gear except for a few things and i literally have formad most of the stuff i have leveled over and over and love to play around with every weapon in the game because this game allows you to do that. So don;t blame speed lvling for someone not knowing how to use a weapon lol. That is probably the most laziest excuse for someone now knowing how to use a weapon rofl. like seriously? come on now.

Some ones salty yes if you speed level you wont know how to mod the weapon and claim its junk. some of my best weapons speed lvlers have said are garbage only to be shocked with the damage

Like when I began I thought mirage was garbage boy was I wrong her damage can be insane

I had to re-buy her with plat

3 minutes ago, RS219 said:

If you wanted a nice and quiet way to level a weapon? Slap on a silencer (or not if it's melee), run a stealth frame and do a stealth exterminate on Sedna. While you're at it, also whip out the Synthesis scanner on everything before killing them all for bonus simaris points while you're at it. Weapon gets a huge chunk of exp, you get a huge chunk of syndicate rep, you get a huge chunk of simaris rep

This is not always the case. In my experience Akkad was a great place to solo level Warframes that were unwelcomed in Draco. I would go for 35-40 waves atop those beams to grind as much experience as possible. The only exception to this being Ivara, who is far more easy to level in stealth runs.

Why would i whip out my shynthesis scanner, i dont really need anything from Simaris, and there are faster ways to get reputation for the other syndicates.

7 minutes ago, RS219 said:

And what about invasions? Alerts? There are so many other ways to find a (mostly) competent PuG group and get exp easily other than doing the stagnant practice of visiting the same map over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Death to Draco, and likewise, death to the new Draco.

Most of this are unrewarding. Alerts are only worthwhile for alertium and cosmetics, and the ocational potato, so its not like i rely on those for xp. And seriously invasions? Most of the time they are "use your best area dps warframe and rush the mission", some teamplay. I dont like the repetition of Draco or Bere or wherever, but its not like the game is offering much else at this moment.

10 minutes ago, RS219 said:

Well there's your problem.

Well seems as much my problem as your is accepting that some people whant to level up stuff quick.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Itz chibi said:

Some ones salty yes if you speed level you wont know how to mod the weapon and claim its junk. some of my best weapons speed lvlers have said are garbage only to be shocked with the damage

Like when I began I thought mirage was garbage boy was I wrong her damage can be insane

I had to re-buy her with plat

where did you get saltiness? lol did you see me saying anything angry bruh? but anyway. no if you speed lvling a weapon you aren't going to just assume it's junk. See what you are doing is trying to assume what other player are going to think. but not all people think like this and obviously you didn't understand that from my op. As i said. Skill of a weapon doesn't come from how fast you lvled a weapon. it comes from play with that weapon hours and hours on after you have put mods and forma into a weapon and play some hard missions with it.