Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I for one am glad that Akkad is nerfed.

RS219

12 hours ago, ashrah said:

from rank 0 to rank 10 exactly 40.920 and 1.900.000+credits...good luck new players really

This is generally the cost to level breakdown for mods. 

Rank 1 to Rank 8 : x endo
Rank 8 to Rank 9: x endo

Rank 9 to Rank 10: 2x endo.

So this is the advice I keep telling everyone. Don't go for rank 10. Stick to 8, use the money elsewhere. I'd rather have 3-4 rank 8 primed mods than 1 or 2 rank 10 ones. 

9 hours ago, DSpite said:

If you "make something" with the expectation that it needs to be played in a certain way, you won't want people bypassing most of it. You are not given missions and then ALSO the permission to break them, you are given missions so that if you DO break them, DE can fix them in future updates.

This is somewhat untrue. We never broke any of those missions, we used all the features in them, features that DE put in there, and never removed until the map became mainstream.

Sure there have been exploints, like back in the day when Interception points would remain neutral until caputed by the enemy or the player, making it possible to simply capture one point and go on forever. DE has fixed this exploits. But having something against powerleveling is pretty nonsensical, given the amount of grind there already is in the game, and the fact that players whant to max out their gear as fast as possible. 

3 hours ago, John89brensen said:

This is somewhat untrue. We never broke any of those missions, we used all the features in them, features that DE put in there, and never removed until the map became mainstream.

Sure there have been exploints, like back in the day when Interception points would remain neutral until caputed by the enemy or the player, making it possible to simply capture one point and go on forever. DE has fixed this exploits. But having something against powerleveling is pretty nonsensical, given the amount of grind there already is in the game, and the fact that players whant to max out their gear as fast as possible. 

No, they were not "features" in the sense that you make them up to be. If it was working as intended, then the bad guys should be able to get there as well, that's how things should work. Just because you manage to find a spot on a map that somehow manage to make you invisible does not mean it's working properly.

This broken mentality of rushing through games and playing them as little as necessary to just get through them is very, very broken.

If the only remaining reason you are here is to simply do that because there is nothing for you to do other then rush, then find a new game, and stop complaining that the game is been fixed so you can't rush it.

It's not your game. You don't get to decide how it's played. If the adjustments that are made so that the people that actually made the game bring it back in line with their vision, does not match your vision, then you are the one that needs to change, not them.

Edited by DSpite

On 9/24/2016 at 1:27 AM, RS219 said:

All that scrub did was stand up there on the rafters as everyone else fought, killed and defended the objective, only coming down once every five minutes to vacuum up the loot. 

But just cocooning in one corner and coming down just to hoover up all the loot? Simply put, no.

That equinox clearly did not know what they were doing.
A true cocooner should know that a simple flick of the crouch gets carrier low enough to grab the loots.

;^)

1 hour ago, XIceBladeX said:

A true cocooner should know that a simple flick of the crouch gets carrier low enough to grab the loots.

mind_blown.gif

Too bad it's too late for me to make use of this. It would have made all those formas I put into my Ember that much easier. Then again, that was almost a year ago, at this point...

Edited by Chipputer

On 9/23/2016 at 11:44 PM, RS219 said:

Oh, so... what, is the infested tileset a holy jerusalem that all new players absolutely have to jump in to quickly max their boosted/non-boosted gear? That's nonsense and you know it.

There are many other ways of leveling an item, and squatting in one mission until you unrank>30 it, possibly not even using it at all is not the right way. Sure, I understand some weapons are trash and an absolute pain to use (non-wrath Strun, Kama and all machetes in general etc. Give or take depending on the player's style) but it's not right to max a weapon without even at least getting a feel for it along the way.

You know it, and I know it.

Hahahaha! Oh wow... welcome back to 2013. This was literally the case until DE started the invasions and removed the infested from the map as a static occupied force. Akkad is nothing more than a rework of the same old Corpus infested cargo bay. Even the entrance points are reminiscent of the map. You can even use the old meta again and then some with the introduction of the specters in all this. I managed to pull off exactly this on one of the recent alerts by dropping down one of my specters with synoid simulor, one of the grineer crewman, Clem, shield osprey, turret, and then bubbleing up with Frost. I was just missing the token Embers and we would have been set for a long time. Xp nerf and locations nerf or not, it wouldn't have mattered at all. This meta has been around for a LONG time and will continue to be effective and useful.

We may change the map again, but we'll be arriving back at the same old place in this dance yet again. It is little more than a reminder that DE NEEDS to address the issue of xp gains in the over all game rather than pulling out a ban/nerf hammer to the game like they're playing wack-a-mole. 

depends on your preferences some like hard games some like them easy some like medium if we all made a forum on what we preferred it would be a mess

full of praise the sun and nerf this

and my fav ghosts'n goblins...goblins and ghosts serious to the younger crowd you want the dark souls of the arcade era try it ^^

Edited by (XB1)Itz chibi

16 hours ago, Cortanis said:

DE NEEDS to address the issue of xp gains in the over all game rather than pulling out a ban/nerf hammer to the game like they're playing wack-a-mole. 

You sure, though? When was the last time you actually attempted to level up a weapon through normal usage and while playing other missions? It doesn't take some ridiculous amount of time unless you're exclusively running low level alerts. 

Endless missions are, naturally, going to provide more xp than non-endless missions. 200 kills in exterminate is nothing compared to getting 1000 kills in 4 rounds of Berehynia interception. There's no reason for them to change that, in any capacity. It's your choice to sit on that defense map instead of just running a few spy missions, kicking an exterminate alert in the gut, and then going hunting for a specific resource and leveling up the weapon while doing so.

Everything has 30 ranks. DE doesn't need to make it easier for you to rank things up and they especially don't need to make it any easier for you to stick Forma onto things. All they need to do is ensure that you're actually playing the game while leveling up those items.

I find it a bit disappointing that people are getting salty about the akkad nerf. before the nerf you could just afk rounds and not having to worry about anything. I was put into squad where people would just sit there doing nothing, this was very annoying. This was a nerf we all saw coming and even though its a little bit harder it is still a great mission to farm exp

Didn't really play much WF in the past days, so just to confirm:

All they did was remove the beams, right? I didn't see anything else in the patch notes, so affinity gain is still the same?

If so, I fail to see the nerf here. Are people really complaining that they can't xp idle anymore?

And did anyone actually see a decrease in Akkad squads after the patch yet?

Welp, I just hope I will still get parties of four for the spawns, otherwise I was indifferent of what people were doing during my Akkad leveling runs anyway.

Edited by ColdWarFish

• 2 months later...

I used to stand on those rafters with my rank 0 warframe and 5 forma tonkor and kill everything. I didn't care if everyone else in my team was afk because I didn't need help anyway. It must have been really annoying to have someone afk in your team if you were ranking your weapon and could't kill large groups of enemies fast. I think they should have added an option to vote kick afk players.